Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853693 times)

stephen25000

I know that.  She didn't say she was 'very forgiving' towards Madeleine's abductor though did she?  this is what she said:

‘I think I could probably forgive Madeleine’s abductor whatever the circumstances. I don’t know whether it’s simply because I’m stronger or because there’s no benefit in not forgiving someone.

'I can’t change anything and I don’t want to be eaten up by hatred and bitterness.

'And maybe there is an element of pity - what kind of person could do something like this? Of course, forgiveness will always be easier if there is remorse.’

ETA: Imagine being vilified for expressing the above sentiments!

Giving forgiveness ?

She is far from divine.

I wonder if Madeleine was alive, she would have forgiven her parents for leaving her and her siblings alone and unprotected ?

ferryman

I know that.  She didn't say she was 'very forgiving' towards Madeleine's abductor though did she?  this is what she said:

‘I think I could probably forgive Madeleine’s abductor whatever the circumstances. I don’t know whether it’s simply because I’m stronger or because there’s no benefit in not forgiving someone.

'I can’t change anything and I don’t want to be eaten up by hatred and bitterness.

'And maybe there is an element of pity - what kind of person could do something like this? Of course, forgiveness will always be easier if there is remorse.’

And the most crucial words she uttered:

if there is remorse.

Alfred R Jones

Giving forgiveness ?

She is far from divine.

I wonder if Madeleine was alive, she would have forgiven her parents for leaving her and her siblings alone and unprotected ?
I see, so on the one hand you are suggesting that only God can issue forgiveness and on the other you are asking whether or not Madeleine would forgive her parents...you're in a bit of a muddle aren't you?

stephen25000

I see, so on the one hand you are suggesting that only God can issue forgiveness and on the other you are asking whether or not Madeleine would forgive her parents...you're in a bit of a muddle aren't you?

I was being sarcastic.

You do know what that means, don't you ? 8(0(*

Alfred R Jones

I was being sarcastic.

You do know what that means, don't you ? 8(0(*
No I have no idea what it means at all.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Dearest Alfiekins, you are trying to be naughty by demanding verbatim scripts, let's have a closer look  ok your sentence in red...

‘I think I could probably forgive Madeleine’s abductor whatever the circumstances.

Your 3 year old daughter is 'abducted' being raped /tortured/ murdered  forgivness is on offer? really? if they say ...('sorry' very  nicely?) to a stranger or perhaps she knew the person who took (abducted) Madeliene?

I don’t know whether it’s simply because I’m stronger or because there’s no benefit in not forgiving someone.

No benefit in NOT forgiving someone= she was offering forgiveness!

I can’t change anything and I don’t want to be eaten up by hatred and bitterness.

but then...she said about Amaral... oh you know what this very forgiving woman said don't you!

Imagine being vilified for expressing the above sentiments!

Are you suggesting Kate is a villain? those are her words and her behaviour, would you prefer I didn't comment on them ? Does it make me a basher for repeating her words and educating some who may want to understand why a mother can forgive  an 'predatory animal' but hates a guy who wrote a book!

Imagine being villified for doing THAT.
 8)><(

'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Alfred R Jones

Dearest Alfiekins, you are trying to be naughty by demanding verbatim scripts, let's have a closer look  ok your sentence in red...

‘I think I could probably forgive Madeleine’s abductor whatever the circumstances.

Your 3 year old daughter is 'abducted' being raped /tortured/ murdered  forgivness is on offer? really? if they say ...('sorry' very  nicely?) to a stranger or perhaps she knew the person who took (abducted) Madeliene?

I don’t know whether it’s simply because I’m stronger or because there’s no benefit in not forgiving someone.

I can’t change anything and I don’t want to be eaten up by hatred and bitterness.

but then...she said about Amaral... oh you know what this very forgiving woman said don't you!

Are you suggesting Kate is a villain? those are her words and her behaviour, would you prefer I didn't comment on them ? Does it make me a basher for repeating her words and educating some who may want to understand why a mother can forgive  an 'predatory animal' but hates a guy who wrote a book!

8)><(
Well Kate was and so were Summers and Swan, so not too difficult to imagine actually. 

Out of interest where did Kate write that she could forgive Madeleine's abductor but that she could never forgive Amaral?  My understanding is that Kate would be easier to forgive an abductor who showed remorse, perhaps the same goes for a bent ex-cop who wrote that she'd hidden the body of her daughter on a beach?   &%+((£

Well Kate was and so were Summers and Swan, so not too difficult to imagine actually. 

My understanding is that Kate would be easier to forgive an abductor who showed remorse, perhaps the same goes for a bent ex-cop who wrote that she'd hidden the body of her daughter on a beach?   &%+((£

Out of interest where did Kate write that she could forgive Madeleine's abductor but that she could never forgive Amaral?

Gosh you know, slips my mind... but just came to me that she never offered Amaral forgiveness in any of her interviews!  if only she had said.. you know... to him in court.. but anyway, no matter.
We get the point  that she was suing this  ( I will forgive him if he shows remorse Mr Amaral) Man because of the pain and psychological damage to her and her family- which according to her sister in law was MUCH worse than Maddie being abducted- even the Judge asked about that. But If you are saying you understand Kate would forgive Amaral and drop the case then I miss judged  her entirely...erm where did she hint at that?

Or was that just your understanding based on....?

I never read his book. I never felt the need to. There are many theories out there...His is based on what the police were thinking  at the time rightly or wrongly.

Alfred R Jones

Out of interest where did Kate write that she could forgive Madeleine's abductor but that she could never forgive Amaral?

Gosh you know, slips my mind... but just came to me that she never offered Amaral forgiveness in any of her interviews!  if only she had said.. you know... to him in court.. but anyway, no matter.
We get the point  that she was suing this  ( I will forgive him if he shows remorse Mr Amaral) Man because of the pain and psychological damage to her and her family- which according to her sister in law was MUCH worse than Maddie being abducted- even the Judge asked about that. But If you are saying you understand Kate would forgive Amaral and drop the case then I miss judged  her entirely...erm where did she hint at that?

Or was that just your understanding based on....?

I never read his book. I never felt the need to. There are many theories out there...His is based on what the police were thinking  at the time rightly or wrongly.
Never mind where Kate hinted at that, where did I say that?!  I have no idea whether Kate would ever forgive Amaral - maybe she would, I never for one moment said anything about dropping the case against him, so I don't know where you got that from.  I very much doubt Kate's forgiveness would also include a desire for Madeleine's abductor to escape justice either.

Never mind where Kate hinted at that, where did I say that?!  I have no idea whether Kate would ever forgive Amaral - maybe she would, I never for one moment said anything about dropping the case against him, so I don't know where you got that from.  I very much doubt Kate's forgiveness would also include a desire for Madeleine's abductor to escape justice either.

Now now Alfiekins... Alfie quote " where did I say that?!"

Right here:

Alfie quote"My understanding is that Kate would be easier to forgive an abductor who showed remorse, perhaps the same goes for a bent ex-cop

Alfie quote"I have no idea whether Kate would ever forgive Amaral - maybe she would,"

So it was your understanding which then became 'you had no idea'...

Let us sip a glass of bubbly, with strawberrry's- calm you down a bit!

Kate will not forgive Amaral after all....tsk!

Offline Mr Gray

8)><(

in the situation Kate was in emotions would change daily

stephen25000

in the situation Kate was in emotions would change daily

A self induced situation.

Offline Mr Gray

A self induced situation.
The abductor is to blame...refer to the previous 10 million posts on this topic

Offline Alice Purjorick

The abductor is to blame...refer to the previous 10 million posts on this topic

A quick sense check in me like reveals about 1100 posters posting at the same rate as you.
Now is that likely?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

Now now Alfiekins... Alfie quote " where did I say that?!"

Right here:

Alfie quote"My understanding is that Kate would be easier to forgive an abductor who showed remorse, perhaps the same goes for a bent ex-cop

Alfie quote"I have no idea whether Kate would ever forgive Amaral - maybe she would,"

So it was your understanding which then became 'you had no idea'...

Let us sip a glass of bubbly, with strawberrry's- calm you down a bit!

Kate will not forgive Amaral after all....tsk!
My exclamation "where did I say that?!" referred to your statement that i suggested Kate would drop the case against Amaral.  I am not in need of champagne either with or without strawberries, thanks.