Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853612 times)

stephen25000

I recall reading in the files (somewhere) that roadworks were uncovered and searched and no trace of a body was found.

Besides, Kate firmly squashed woke and wandered ...

'kate firmly squashed' ?

She wasn't there when Madeleine disappeared, was she ?

Offline pegasus

Who knows. Obviously before the 28th July 2008.  Likely to have been written during the preceding few months.

The rules are there for a reason.  Can you name any other books written by ex cops about European cases they failed to solve and where the suspects they accuse of having committed the crime did not even reach the "charging" stage?
You would need to compare with other cases where the SIO was forced out at a critical point in the investigation.
Mr Amaral had just received the DCCB report and was suddenly removed before he had a chance to act on it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 01:48:21 PM by pegasus »

stephen25000

There is absolutely no doubt that Goncalo Amaral enjoyed a celebrity lifestyle and income directly as a result of his involvement with Madeleine McCann's case.

There was precedent for former police officer friends to write about cases of missing children and do very well financially as a result.

In Cristovao's writings about Madeleine ... he was at pains to introduce fictional detectives which apparently made his book an ordinary whodunnit ... Mr Amaral did not even pay lip service to anything other than his certainties being the whole truth.

Even if he is allowed to appeal, which we should hear about pretty soon ... he is going to have to think about getting himself a real job to pay his way ... as his career using Madeleine McCann as a cash cow and her parents as punch bags would be in my opinion ... at an end.

'celebrity lifestyle' for Amaral ???

On what basis do you say that ?

Now that can certainly be applied to the mccanns in the first few years after Madeleine's disappearance.

Offline Alice Purjorick

Do I take it that you see the McCanns attempt to enforce their legitimate legal rights through the Portuguese courts as attempts to  "destroy him"?  How very melodramatic.

Who or what forced him (having failed to bring a prosecution) to write a book and make a documentary accusing two grieving parents of crimes, and attempting to damage their reputations.

Face facts - he saw an opportunity to get rich on the back of a missing child - he lost. Tough.

I take it you are happy to have a bent, greedy thuggish ex cop as your role model?  Happy days.

Gosh! was he a member of that secret society too?  Now they really were something else.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline pegasus

Gosh! was he a member of that secret society too?  Now they really were something else.
"thuggish" is presumably referring to the supposed letter?
The person supposed to have typed the letter has clearly stated she did not.
IMO this letter was probably produced like this: surveille, tap, bug, then embellish true calls and movements with required lies, and finally type it so only the signature needs forging. IMO.

Alfred R Jones

Exactly - think how happy he might have been to have never heard of the McCanns - like many others of us, actually.
We would all be happier if we'd never heard of Amaral and the McCanns for sure, because that would mean a little girl never went missing.  Amaral used her to make a name for himself, if his life is a misery subsequently then he only has his own greed and lack of moral judgement to blame.

Offline pegasus

We would all be happier if we'd never heard of Amaral and the McCanns for sure, because that would mean a little girl never went missing.  Amaral used her to make a name for himself, if his life is a misery subsequently then he only has his own greed and lack of moral judgement to blame.
The irony is if Brit police including the Met glance through forums on this case they will see desperate attempts to discredit an investigation which they the Brit police were an important and essential part of.

Offline Alice Purjorick

The irony is if Brit police including the Met glance through forums on this case they will see desperate attempts to discredit an investigation which they the Brit police were an important and essential part of.

But only the "Woolly-Back" element. The real police are now looking at it.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Jean-Pierre

I am puzzled, Pegasus.

Do you happen to be reading this forum in a mirror?  Because the only people seeming to be desperate to discredit the investigation are those of the "anti" persuasion, here and elsewhere.

Among those on forum who do not hate the mccanns and constantly wish them ill, I cannot see anything but a broad welcome for the renewed police investigation.

Strange.   

Offline jassi

I think you misunderstood the post. The investigation continually being discredited is the original one, in which UK police participated.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

I think you misunderstood the post. The investigation continually being discredited is the original one, in which UK police participated.

I expect there are policemen on the net. They found the gofundme site apparently.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Jean-Pierre

The investigation is not being discredited - just Amarals interpretation and subsequent actions.

No problem with the FSS, or Grime, or Harrison, Or Pryor. 

Do have a problem with some of the PJs list of questions, which were specifically lying about the evidence they claimed to have.  That was stupid. 

Otherwise, investigation was what it was - and led the police up the wrong path.  Only Amaral found a pot of gold at the end of it. 

Offline Alice Purjorick

The investigation is not being discredited - just Amarals interpretation and subsequent actions.

No problem with the FSS, or Grime, or Harrison, Or Pryor. 

Do have a problem with some of the PJs list of questions, which were specifically lying about the evidence they claimed to have.  That was stupid. 

Otherwise, investigation was what it was - and led the police up the wrong path.  Only Amaral found a pot of gold at the end of it.

A sequestered pot of gold! Well that which isn't secreted away in a secret place.

Offline Mr Gray

They may have participated but there is no evidence that they shared amaral's views..in fact the archiving report didn't share amaral's views

Offline pegasus

They may have participated but there is no evidence that they shared amaral's views..in fact the archiving report didn't share amaral's views
Would you accept evidence from the files?