Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853824 times)

Offline Carana

It is the daughter of my friend who is a lawyer, not the daughter of a lawyer.

Ah, ok. But could you ask your friend's daughter then?

ferryman

That Amaral and his team have taken it (pretty much) to the wire of the deadline for appeals to submit tends to suggest they are finding it tricky

Alfred R Jones

That Amaral and his team have taken it (pretty much) to the wire of the deadline for appeals to submit tends to suggest they are finding it tricky
Nah, they're just playing games, making the McCanns sweat, just as I predicted they would.

Offline Alice Purjorick

Why does it have to be either?
You have until x date to comply.... yeah OK.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

ferryman

Was the 40-day deadline Monday?

Offline G-Unit

Nah, they're just playing games, making the McCanns sweat, just as I predicted they would.

I'm sure the McCanns aren't sweating. Their success in the courts has been legendary - well, those cases which got to court. Tony Bennett - a win. Goncalo Amaral's book banning - lose. Defamation - win......so far. It must be their turn to win on appeal this time?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

ferryman

I'm sure the McCanns aren't sweating. Their success in the courts has been legendary - well, those cases which got to court. Tony Bennett - a win. Goncalo Amaral's book banning - lose. Defamation - win......so far. It must be their turn to win on appeal this time?

Have a win confirmed on Amaral's appeal, do you mean?

Alfred R Jones

Whether they are sweating or not, it is obviously Gonc's greatest wish to cause as much discomfort to the McCanns as possible, hence leaving it to the very last day to appeal.  The man's a player.

Offline Brietta

Whether they are sweating or not, it is obviously Gonc's greatest wish to cause as much discomfort to the McCanns as possible, hence leaving it to the very last day to appeal.  The man's a player.

Agreed ... I think he is a consummate player ... on this though, I think he has at last overplayed his hand and got the timing all wrong.

Going for an appeal is the last throw of the dice and I think the longer it takes the better pleased he will be.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

Legal experts is it currently illegal to sell a copy of this book in England?
2nd hand not new, in portugese, and not-for-profit.

Offline pegasus

Its amazing the legal peeps attacking Mr Amaral probably get £40 a hour but their research preperation is not so good IMO anyone on this forum could do better finding differences.

Offline Jean-Pierre

Legal experts is it currently illegal to sell a copy of this book in England?
2nd hand not new, in portugese, and not-for-profit.

Perfectly legal to sell (provided it wasn't stolen in the first place).

Why would it not be? 

Offline Jean-Pierre

Its amazing the legal peeps attacking Mr Amaral probably get £40 a hour but their research preperation is not so good IMO anyone on this forum could do better finding differences.

Who are these "legal peeps"?

Offline Mr Gray

Why do you have to turn this thread into another of your personal attacks on the McCanns. Your hatred is so pronounced

Offline G-Unit

Why do you have to turn this thread into another of your personal attacks on the McCanns. Your hatred is so pronounced

Just replying to Alfred's post.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0