Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853641 times)

Offline pegasus

I wish people donating to the fund would not use it as a one-way noticeboard for their armchair theories.
Why not just donate and say "for a man of integrity" or "for justice".
The many comments mocking the bike ride are very unnecessary IMO.
Here's a clue, the solution when SY/PJ find it is likely have some very significant differences from Mr Amaral's theory. If not, he would have solved it in 2007. Have people forgotten the great british principle "innocent before proven guilty". The comments about the bike ride are out of order, just my opinion. It is better to donate and respect important principles.

Offline Carana

These are without his interview fees.

1. Gonçalo Amaral made the statements that are attributed to him under the Correio da Manhã.Proved.

2. Proved that the defendant Guerra&Paz fixed the cover price of the book Maddie - A Verdade da Mentira in Portugal is € 13,33.

According to the affirmation 2 : 13,80, VAT included (6%).
3. and 4. Proved that the defendant Gonçalo Amaral earned from the sales of the book “Maddie, A Verdade da Mentira” in 2008 and 2009 an amount of € 342.111,86.

According to the affirmation 3 : GA earned from the sales in Portugal € 621.000.
According to the affirmation 4, GA has earned from the sale of editions in foreign languages of the book not less than € 498.750.

5. The book was sold in Brazil by the defendant Guerra e Paz, Editores SA.
Not proved.

6. Proved that the DVD was sold for € 6,95 byPresselivre Imprensa SA together with the newspaper Correio da Manhã, owned by this company.
According to the affirmation 6 : cover price of € 6.

7. Proved that the defendant Gonçalo Amaral earned € 40.000 from DVD sales in 2008.
According to the affirmation 7, he earned from the sale of the DVD € 112.500.

Thanks DCI. I'd read that, but not any supporting document as to where some of those figures came from, and I presume that there must have been one.

And I'm still curious about the Brazil issue...

Alfred R Jones

No, based on research
Research of what?  Female DCIs?

Offline Brietta

I wish people donating to the fund would not use it as a one-way noticeboard for their armchair theories.
Why not just donate and say "for a man of integrity" or "for justice".
The many comments mocking the bike ride are very unnecessary IMO.
Here's a clue, the solution when SY/PJ find it is likely have some very significant differences from Mr Amaral's theory. If not, he would have solved it in 2007. Have people forgotten the great british principle "innocent before proven guilty". The comments about the bike ride are out of order, just my opinion. It is better to donate and respect important principles.

I don't find the mocking comments about the bike ride to raise money for a charity to be in quite the same league as some of the nonsense people think  £5.00 donation entitles them to post.  I am incredulous as to how the brains of these individuals are wired ... and anyone from the real world (not our incestuous little corner of it) bothering to read must simply be disgusted at the open hatred displayed.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

There was a post from petermac who claims to be  a policeman...his words were...."they told the world the shutters had been broken and smashed"...the fact is they didn't.

I hope he isn't an ex policeman as it's quite worrying that a policeman could be so dishonest, stupid or both.
The site seem mainly a place where sceptics can tell their lies without being challenged and contribute to amaral's fund whilst sickenly claiming to be about justice for maddie

Alfred R Jones

So I guess by now Amaral has filed his appeal - what next?

Offline Admin

Can we keep to the thread theme please.

Admin

ferryman

So I guess by now Amaral has filed his appeal - what next?

A poor guess (unless tongue-in-cheek, in which case, an excellent guess).

Another question: if, indeed, Amaral has lost the libel trial outright, how can Poulton produce a video saying, theMcCannsdunit?

Answers on a postcard ....

Online Eleanor

Be warned.  I am gonna do what Admin said I should.

Offline Mr Gray

I do find it strange that after his outburst against the verdict amaral has gone very quiet re his appeal

Offline G-Unit

A poor guess (unless tongue-in-cheek, in which case, an excellent guess).

Another question: if, indeed, Amaral has lost the libel trial outright, how can Poulton produce a video saying, theMcCannsdunit?

Answers on a postcard ....

The judge in Portugal said it's not illegal to say what Amaral said. In the UK they would sue, I expect.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

The judge in Portugal said it's not illegal to say what Amaral said. In the UK they would sue, I expect.

it would not be illegal in the UK either

Offline pegasus

IMO an approximate estimate of the legal expenditure cost of appealing is about £40,000.

Alfred R Jones

I do find it strange that after his outburst against the verdict amaral has gone very quiet re his appeal
Justice works in silence, you know.

Offline Carana

IMO an approximate estimate of the legal expenditure cost of appealing is about £40,000.

What is that estimate based on?