Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853640 times)

Offline slartibartfast

No, if the Met find strong evidence to charge the McCanns I will be astounded, disappointed but also glad that the case has been solved (assuming they were also found guilty).  If someone else is charged would you go through similar emotions?

Given the same evidence, yes.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Alfred R Jones

Given the same evidence, yes.
Why would you be disappointed if the McCanns were proven not to be guilty?

Offline mercury

To be clear, the prosecutors said that Kate and Gerry could not, reasonably, have been expected to foresee abduction ....

That does not mean they believed there was one, (which is what you are trying to suggest is true,) as evidenced by their saying the nature of the crime is unknown.
They used that (as well as other scenarios) as an example of any danger befalling the children but as usual you have cherry picked

ferryman

That does not mean they believed there was one, (which is what you are trying to suggest is true,) as evidenced by their saying the nature of the crime is unknown.
They used that (as well as other scenarios) as an example of any danger befalling the children but as usual you have cherry picked

Of course it does ...

Offline mercury

Of course it does ...

No it does not, it can't possibly mean that for the reason I gave before.

ferryman

No it does not, it can't possibly mean that for the reason I gave before.

The prosecutors eliminated abandonment (a possible charge) then said this:

The parents could not foresee that in the resort that they chose to spend a brief holiday, they could place the life of any of their children in danger, nor was that demanded from them: it was located in a peaceful area, where most of the residents are foreign citizens of the same nationality and without any known history of this type of criminality.

So what did the prosecutors decline to rule out as something the McCanns might be guilty of?

stephen25000

The parents could not foresee that in the resort that they chose to spend a brief holiday, they could place the life of any of their children in danger, nor was that demanded from them: it was located in a peaceful area, where most of the residents are foreign citizens of the same nationality and without any known history of this type of criminality.

So what did the prosecutors decline to rule out as something the McCanns might be guilty of?

Yet we are then told by some the area is full of paedophiles ?

The excuses made by the mccanns do not make sense, never have, never will.

Offline mercury

they are tlking about the wilful neglect, you still have to prove the prosecutirs have said there WAS an abduction

I may have missed it

Offline slartibartfast

Why would you be disappointed if the McCanns were proven not to be guilty?

Why would you be disappointed if they were proven to be guilty?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

ferryman

they are tlking about the wilful neglect, you still have to prove the prosecutirs have said there WAS an abduction

I may have missed it

- Despite all of this, it was not possible to obtain any piece of evidence that would allow for a medium man, under the light of the criteria of logics, of normality and of the general rules of experience, to formulate any lucid, sensate, serious and honest conclusion about the circumstances under which the child was removed from the apartment (whether dead or alive, whether killed in a neglectful homicide or an intended homicide, whether the victim of a targeted abduction or an opportunistic abduction), nor even to produce a consistent prognosis about her destiny and inclusively - the most dramatic - to establish whether she is still alive or if she is dead, as seems more likely.

Offline mercury

- Despite all of this, it was not possible to obtain any piece of evidence that would allow for a medium man, under the light of the criteria of logics, of normality and of the general rules of experience, to formulate any lucid, sensate, serious and honest conclusion about the circumstances under which the child was removed from the apartment (whether dead or alive, whether killed in a neglectful homicide or an intended homicide, whether the victim of a targeted abduction or an opportunistic abduction), nor even to produce a consistent prognosis about her destiny and inclusively - the most dramatic - to establish whether she is still alive or if she is dead, as seems more likely.

nope, try again, all that says is they are at a loss to know what happened

ferryman

nope, try again, all that says is they are at a loss to know what happened

You are the one who ought to try again ...

Offline mercury

You are the one who ought to try again ...

No you have go post the part of the prosecutors argument that says we believe an abduction happened and so far you have failed to convince me

ferryman

... so far you have failed to convince me

I'm sure I'll find a way to cope ....

Offline mercury

I'm sure I'll find a way to cope ....

its not about YOU "coping" its about  you backing up your assertions, shouldnt be hard if theyre true