Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853613 times)

ferryman

its not about YOU "coping" its about  you backing up your assertions, shouldnt be hard if theyre true

I do, fully, understand why you fail to comprehend that I have ...

Offline mercury

I do, fully, understand why you fail to comprehend that I have ...

you have done no such thing Ferryman..we all know you cherry pick and misconstrue evidence as well to please yourself...just not good enough

ferryman

you have done no such thing Ferryman..we all know you cherry pick and misconstrue evidence as well to please yourself...just not good enough

In case you missed it, the prosecutors couldn't decide whether Madeleine was victim of targeted or opportunistic abduction.

Since Scotland Yard are investigating a series of robberies at the time, that tends to suggest they think opportunistic

But definitely abduction ....

Offline mercury

In case you missed it, the prosecutors couldn't decide whether Madeleine was victim of targeted or opportunistic abduction.

Since Scotland Yard are investigating a series of robberies at the time, that tends to suggest they think opportunistic

no no no, they said alot more than that, cherry picking again lol, cutting and pasting but never in full,  it will never wash

ferryman

no no no, they said alot more than that, cherry picking again lol, cutting and pasting but never in full,  it will never wash

I've given you the direct quotes that prove what I say.

Offline mercury

I've given you the direct quotes that prove what I say.

Just remind me what it was exactly that you claim before i confidently rebut you

Pls dont say the pps confirmed madeleine was abducted because you will lose

Back later or tomorrow

ferryman

Just remind me what it was exactly that you claim before i confidently rebut you

Pls dont say the pps confirmed madeleine was abducted because you will lose

Back later or tomorrow

If you need reminding, that bodes ill for your apparent resolve to "rebut" me.

You've made the wisest choice to retire from the fray (defeated!)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Really?
The British police are investigating potential crimes in a foreign country where they have no authority to act?
Leave it out .
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline mercury

If you need reminding, that bodes ill for your apparent resolve to "rebut" me.

You've made the wisest choice to retire from the fray (defeated!)

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt silly moo

And you still havent proven the prosecutor said Madeleine was abducted, your problem pal

Offline pathfinder73

Burglary gone wrong was one of the possibilities from the start.

The idea of a robbery gone wrong is not to be ruled out either. During the holidays, burglaries are not rare, and the police are not always informed, because hotels avoid spreading this kind of information. Even if the examination of apartment 5A reveals no trace of a break-in - contrary to what the parents insist and that Sky announced - we have to take stock of the petty crimes committed in the seaside resort and at the tourist complex. We are counting on the management of the hotel so that no incident of this nature remains hidden. Even if we don't have much belief in the scenario of a burglar who enters the apartment for a burglary and leaves it with the child, dead or alive, this hypothesis, as ridiculous as it may be, must not be neglected.

FIRST MORNING OF THE INVESTIGATION;
AN ABDUCTION?

Still May 4th

When drawing up the report of the first observations, which must be forwarded to the district Judiciary Court of Lagos, we are undecided about the legal denomination of the events. Finally, we opt for "abduction??," adding two question marks after the word to express our uncertainty. The decision was not taken lightly. That decision preserves the interests of the various opposing parties, those of the parents, those of the child, not to say those of the investigation itself.

The report by the team who conducted the analyses of the apartment records all observations carried out and statements gathered. It sets out the list of people present and potential witnesses. It also includes fingerprints taken as well as photographic documentation.

On reading this report, which was given to me on the morning of May 4th, I understand that there is no evidence sufficiently convincing to tip the investigation in one direction rather than another. There are many possible leads: voluntary disappearance - the child could have wakened and not seeing her parents, gone off to look for them; accidental death and concealing of a body; physical abuse causing death; murder by negligence or premeditated; an act of vengeance; taken hostage followed by a ransom demand; abducted by a paedophile; kidnap or murder committed by a burglar.

The hypothesis of abduction widens and complicates the investigations; it allows the mobilisation of means and resources that would have been difficult to obtain otherwise, such as the arrival of reinforcements, absolutely indispensable faced with the magnitude of the task, notably in the course of the first 72 hours. In a more calm climate, we could have got down to the search for evidence more effectively, allowing us to understand how that child disappeared, without worrying that suspicion might fall on the friends of the family. (TOTL)
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Montclair

I don't know where they get the idea that hotels do not inform the police of burglaries? I worked in 3 different resorts and whenever there was a break-in or a burglary reported by a client, we got in touch with the GNR immediately, who came as quickly as possible. Even if it was not possible to catch the culprit, it at least gave the clients the chance to make an insurance claim, using the police document.

Offline G-Unit

I don't know where they get the idea that hotels do not inform the police of burglaries? I worked in 3 different resorts and whenever there was a break-in or a burglary reported by a client, we got in touch with the GNR immediately, who came as quickly as possible. Even if it was not possible to catch the culprit, it at least gave the clients the chance to make an insurance claim, using the police document.

Just guessing, but some of them seem to have occurred in unlocked apartments. I assume no insurance claim would be paid in that case, so perhaps no-one bothered to get the 'incident number' or the Portuguese equivalent? I wonder if Mrs Fenn's incident was reported by her when it happened? We don't know, do we.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline sadie

Just guessing, but some of them seem to have occurred in unlocked apartments. I assume no insurance claim would be paid in that case, so perhaps no-one bothered to get the 'incident number' or the Portuguese equivalent? I wonder if Mrs Fenn's incident was reported by her when it happened? We don't know, do we.
A wild card, eh?

A complete guess.  Hope that it doesn't become another myth.

Offline Montclair

Whenever a client came to the reception to report a burglary, we always called the GNR immediately. Never did we say to the client that it was not worth getting the police involved. I cannot imagine any other resort ignoring the client's complaint.

As for Mrs.Fenn's incident, all we know is that her niece mentioned it. Whether it was true or not, we don't know.

Offline Benice

Whenever a client came to the reception to report a burglary, we always called the GNR immediately. Never did we say to the client that it was not worth getting the police involved. I cannot imagine any other resort ignoring the client's complaint.

As for Mrs.Fenn's incident, all we know is that her niece mentioned it. Whether it was true or not, we don't know.

From that statement it sounds as if burglaries were far from rare.  Pity MW didn't give their clients a warning about burglaries at the Welcome meeting.  Things could have been very different.

Why on earth would Mrs. Fenn's niece decide to lie about her aunt being the victim of an attempted burglary?  Please clarify.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal