Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853675 times)

Offline Jean-Pierre

Most normal people ?

i.e. mccann supporters ? @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*

"Most normal people" excludes by definition every member of this forum.   

stephen25000

Has there been independent corroboration that Amaral has been granted leave to appeal?

All good things come to those who wait.

stephen25000

"Most normal people" excludes by definition every member of this forum.

I'm sorry to disappoint JP, but I have spoken to people who don't view or go on this forum, and very few believe the mccanns story, though they feel sympathy  for loss of a child.

Offline pegasus

Good luck with this.  The appeal has been funded by people with an interest in the case. 

"And all this despite the UK press being told to not mention the GFM appeal in their current Cyprus diversion stories" ?  Can we have a cite please?  because you really are talking absolute balderdash, as usual.

I don't think most normal people find Amaral has any appeal whatsoever.   8(0(*
It may seem like balderdash to you but Brits do like integrity and a man who quotes churchill not clever lawyers.
I will try to find a cite for the Brit press stories being manipulated.

Offline Carana

Good luck with this.  The appeal has been funded by people with an interest in the case. 

"And all this despite the UK press being told to not mention the GFM appeal in their current Cyprus diversion stories" ?  Can we have a cite please?  because you really are talking absolute balderdash, as usual.

I don't think most normal people find Amaral has any appeal whatsoever.   8(0(*

LOL Not my cup of tea, personally, but then he's allegedly appealing against the previous court's ruling.

Offline Carana

It may seem like balderdash to you but Brits do like integrity and a man who quotes churchill not clever lawyers.

Churchill apparently said lots of things, supposedly including:

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

Offline Brietta

I'm sorry to disappoint JP, but I have spoken to people who don't view or go on this forum, and very few believe the mccanns story, though they feel sympathy  for loss of a child.

What a strange existence it must be to spend leisure time posting unkindly about Madeleine McCann's parents and apparently being so obsessed it continues as your subject of conversation in the real world.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

Has the Portuguese press taken any interest in the story of Mr Amaral's appeal?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Jean-Pierre

Integrity?  Really? 

I think you may have a rather distorted view, if you believe that this will be seen by the GBP as a case of heroic, plucky, Churchill quoting Amaral against the might of the evil McCanns, and they will rush to contribute to the "cause" 

IMO he is more likely to be seen as an ex cop lining his pockets at the expense of a missing little girl and her grieving parents?

Offline pegasus

One small expat paper published an honest article but I saw nothing from SIC CdM RTP etc. I have already said that IMO this may be because the two police forces are together making real genuine progress and MSM here and there have been nudged to keep quiet for now, just my opinion.

Offline Jean-Pierre

One small expat paper published an honest article but I saw nothing from SIC CdM RTP etc. I have already said that IMO this may be because the two police forces are together making real genuine progress and MSM here and there have been nudged to keep quiet for now, just my opinion.

So you can't provide a cite.

stephen25000

What a strange existence it must be to spend leisure time posting unkindly about Madeleine McCann's parents and apparently being so obsessed it continues as your subject of conversation in the real world.

Wrong again brietta.

The number of conversations I have had about it would be in single figures.

However, you're undeniably obsessive in your support of the mccanns on here.

Meanwhile how many times do you discuss this case outside the forum ? 8(*(
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 05:38:18 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline Jean-Pierre

Wrong again brietta.

Priceless!  Sorry Stephen - you are actually accusing Brietta of being obsessive?  Do you have any self awareness at all?

Offline pegasus

Integrity?  Really? 

I think you may have a rather distorted view, if you believe that this will be seen by the GBP as a case of heroic, plucky, Churchill quoting Amaral against the might of the evil McCanns, and they will rush to contribute to the "cause" 

IMO he is more likely to be seen as an ex cop lining his pockets at the expense of a missing little girl and her grieving parents?
You probably would refuse a "men of integrity on video" duel?
If you don't refuse I could start a thread and post just one video of a man of integrity so people can look the horse in the mouth and judge his integrity visually, body language and all. You can have as many shots as you wish by posting multiple videos showing any men of integrity on your side who you think display even one-hundreth the qualities of integrity that Mr Amaral does. 0546 ?

« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 05:48:58 PM by pegasus »

Offline Brietta

Wrong again brietta.

Maybe you will have your ear to the ground and be able to speculate when the Portuguese press are going to report anything at all about Mr Amaral's appeal.  No interviews on the TV or in the press ?? the silence is deafening.