Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853673 times)

Offline Brietta

You probably would refuse a "men of integrity on video" duel?
If you don't refuse I could start a thread and post just one video of a man of integrity so people can look the horse in the mouth and judge his integrity visually, body language and all. You can have as many shots as you wish by posting multiple videos showing any men of integrity on your side who you think display even one-hundreth the qualities of integrity that Mr Amaral does. 0546 ?

Pegasus ... in which way do you think Mr Amaral epitomises integrity either in his private or his professional life?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Jean-Pierre

If you don't refuse I could start a thread and post just one video of a man of integrity so people can look the horse in the mouth and judge his integrity visually, body language and all. You can have as many shots as you wish by posting multiple videos showing any men of integrity on your side who you think display even one-hundreth the qualities of integrity that Mr Amaral does. 0546 ?

Sorry - no idea what you are getting at Pegasus.

As for amaral as a man of integrity - a couple of Portuguese courts, one criminal and one civil, dibt seem to think much of his much vaunted 'integrity' and I am happy to be guided by them. 

Alfred R Jones

So, you post a youtube vid of Gonc, then I'd post a vid of Archbishop of York John Sentamu and you'd win, is that how this Men Of Integrity duel thing work then?

Offline pegasus

Sorry - no idea what you are getting at Pegasus.

As for amaral as a man of integrity - a couple of Portuguese courts, one criminal and one civil, dibt seem to think much of his much vaunted 'integrity' and I am happy to be guided by them.
So presumably you have never watched an interview video and thought, yes, everything is right, he talks straight, answers questions directly, never evades or manipulates, this is a man I would trust.

stephen25000

Maybe you will have your ear to the ground and be able to speculate when the Portuguese press are going to report anything at all about Mr Amaral's appeal.  No interviews on the TV or in the press ?? the silence is deafening.

Well you have no problem then. @)(++(* @)(++(* 8((()*/

Don't the mccanns know what's going on ? 😂😂😂
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 06:16:25 PM by stephen25000 »

Alfred R Jones

So presumably you have never watched an interview video and thought, yes, everything is right, he talks straight, answers questions directly, never evades or manipulates, this is a man I would trust.
Everything I have seen and heard of Amaral makes me utterly convinced that there is a man I would not trust as far as I could fling him.

Offline Jean-Pierre

Can I just check, Pegasus.  This is goncarlo amaral, ex Portuguese detective, we are talking about?  The chap with a criminal conviction for covering up torture of a female suspect? 

Just checking?

Alfred R Jones

Pegasus, Amaral claimed he was going to donate some of the proceeds of his Maddie money to childrens charity.  Did he ever do so?  If so, how much did he give?  Or are we supposed to just assume that because he is "a man of integrity" that he must have done?

Offline pegasus

So, you post a youtube vid of Gonc, then I'd post a vid of Archbishop of York John Sentamu and you'd win, is that how this Men Of Integrity duel thing work then?
The duel was not accepted so forget it. The other side have no "man of integrity" video to duel with mine, I have had a lucky escape.

Offline Benice

Good grief!  I can't believe you are actually being serious Pegasus.  I'm gobsmacked!

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Alfred R Jones

The duel was not accepted so forget it. The other side have no "man of integrity" video to duel with mine, I have had a lucky escape.
Oh dear, this place is getting more like the playground every day.  Top Trumps anyone?

Offline Jean-Pierre

I suspect Pegasus was being ironic.  At least I hope he / she was.

Alfred R Jones

How can someone with a perjury conviction and who has legally been confirmed to have caused damage to the parents of a missing child be considered to have "the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles" (the dictionary definition of integrity)?

Offline pegasus

Everything I have seen and heard of Amaral makes me utterly convinced that there is a man I would not trust as far as I could fling him.
I am talking about in video interview  the way a man talks, his body-language, his complete absence of evasiveness, his direct answering of questions. This is how a good horse dealer buys a horse, or trusts a man.

Alfred R Jones

I am talking about in video interview  the way a man talks, his body-language, his complete absence of evasiveness, his direct answering of questions. This is how a good horse dealer buys a horse, or trusts a man.
I've never watched an interview with Amaral in which he was challenged or asked any difficult questions.  He only ever seems to be asked questions by members of his own fanclub.