Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853739 times)

Offline sadie

Don't forget the first class travel and 5* hotels.

After all, only the best is good enough.
I doubt they have travelled first class unless sponsored by a benefactor.  Possibly Business Class and that is the level that you would expect many people of their position to fly.

Five star hotels?  Well why not?

If chosen carefully, out of town or out of season, 5 stars can be very little more than 3 and 4 stars

stephen25000

I doubt they have travelled first class unless sponsored by a benefactor.  Possibly Business Class and that is the level that you would expect many people of their position to fly.

If chosen carefully, out of town or out of season, 5 stars can be very little more than 3 and 4 stars

People of their position ???

From funds which other people have donated.

Why didn't they pay from their actual work ?

Offline mercury

How do you know what it has or hasn't been spent?

Since it is a fund for an appeal and lawyers expenses,no alarm bells ring as the appeal has only just happened

Brietta you are in serious danger of becoming a hypocrite...now you wouldn't want that would you

Any joy in proving Eddie was running around a kitchen eating a kebab? Yet!

Offline Brietta

Is there anything at all about whether or not Mr Amaral's appeal is going forward?  One would have thought there would be something about it in the Portuguese press.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

Is there anything at all about whether or not Mr Amaral's appeal is going forward?  One would have thought there would be something about it in the Portuguese press.

it's none of

your business

@)(++(*

same way the million dollar Madeleine Fund with questionable stats is no ones business

Night Brie  :)

Offline G-Unit

FMF

Since the Fund began to 31 March 2013;

Income is close to £4 million and expenditure £3.5 million. £44,185 has been paid in audit fees and £25,681 for corporation tax. The company had a refund of corporation tax relating to 2012/2013 due to the loss for the year.

The Director's Report for 2012-2013 says;

'The Fund has covered expenses for witnesses giving evidence in a libel trial in Lisbon against Goncalo Amaral (former coordinator of the Portuguese investigator to find Madeleine). Mr Amaral published a book in 2008 and produced a documentary and DVD in 2009 which claimed Madeleine was dead and that her parents faked an abduction and concealed her body. This has caused vast damage to the search for Madeleine in Portugal (where it is most likely that information relating to Madeleine’s abduction and whereabouts will come from.) The Board felt that an attempt to halt this damage was vital in order to further the search for Madeleine hence taking this course of action.'

Chairman's Statement 2008;

provided finance for a team of investigators to lead a private search for Madeleine

• financed the translation of the full set of files released by the Portuguese police, enabling our team of investigators to follow up all potential leads

paid for legal representation for Kate, Gerry, Sean and Amelie in Portugal, enabling them obtain an injunction banning Mr Amaral [sic] from repeating his fabricated claims about Madeleine's abduction
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

Since it is a fund for an appeal and lawyers expenses,no alarm bells ring as the appeal has only just happened

Brietta you are in serious danger of becoming a hypocrite...now you wouldn't want that would you

Any joy in proving Eddie was running around a kitchen eating a kebab? Yet!

If you are not prepared to accept Martin Grimes word for it ... entirely your concern. 

If it amuses you to think I give a tinker's curse about your opinion of me ... think on. 

To say you bring a certain je ne sais quoi to the forum ~ is indisputable ... and I have never really expected any change in the habits of years in that there would ever be any transparency (as promised) in the PJ GA Fund.

Just another example of double standards so nothing new there.

So what is the latest on the appeal then ... does the Portuguese press even care?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

If you are not prepared to accept Martin Grimes word for it ... entirely your concern. 

If it amuses you to think I give a tinker's curse about your opinion of me ... think on. 

To say you bring a certain je ne sais quoi to the forum ~ is indisputable ... and I have never really expected any change in the habits of years in that there would ever be any transparency (as promised) in the PJ GA Fund.

Just another example of double standards so nothing new there.

So what is the latest on the appeal then ... does the Portuguese press even care?

Martin Grimes word for what? You're seriously growing closer to being labelled as an utter liar...99 % of your post is laughable btw
As for your comments on my position in this forum, well, Brietta, you don't have monopoly,  the upper hand or the moral high ground, not by a long shot, so get a grip luv, hey? Shouldnt you be using all your energies in "Finding Madeleine"?

« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 10:32:33 PM by mercury »

Offline mercury

Does anyone have a link to Eddie running around anyone's kitchen with a kebab in his mouth? Thanks in advance,

Offline pegasus

A free private jet for 3 was provided by a kind man for the search of the Holy See.
A free private jet for 3 was provided by a kind lady for the searches of Berlin and Amsterdam.
Free premium flights for 2 (KM didn't go) were provided by a different kind man to enable the search of Washington DC.
O W Networks paid for premium flights for 3 to search Harpo Studios in Chicago.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 10:55:35 PM by pegasus »

Offline sadie

Martin Grimes word for what? You're seriously growing closer to being labelled as an utter liar...99 % of your post is laughable btw
As for your comments on my position in this forum, well, Brietta, you don't have monopoly,  the upper hand or the moral high ground, not by a long shot, so get a grip luv, hey? Shouldnt you be using all your energies in "Finding Madeleine"?
Mercury

Do not abuse Brietta.

Brietta has complete integrity, she thinks deeply and clearly and writes very well.  If you cannot follow her, that is your failing.  Most other people have no problems.

I repeat.  Brietta is beyond reproach ... do NOT abuse her.

Offline mercury

Mercury

Do not abuse Brietta.

Brietta has complete integrity, she thinks deeply and clearly and writes very well.  If you cannot follow her, that is your failing.  Most other people have no problems.

I repeat.  Brietta is beyond reproach ... do NOT abuse her.

Dear Sadie, please don't preach pontificate advise  or dictate to me it is quite offensive at best, thanks

Offline sadie

Dear Sadie, please don't preach pontificate advise  or dictate to me it is quite offensive at best, thanks
Dear mercury, please do not keep making up lies about Brietta.  It is totally offensive and disingeniuos.  Time you stopped..  Thanks

Offline pegasus

FMF

Since the Fund began to 31 March 2013;

Income is close to £4 million and expenditure £3.5 million. £44,185 has been paid in audit fees and £25,681 for corporation tax. The company had a refund of corporation tax relating to 2012/2013 due to the loss for the year.

The Director's Report for 2012-2013 says;

'The Fund has covered expenses for witnesses giving evidence in a libel trial in Lisbon against Goncalo Amaral (former coordinator of the Portuguese investigator to find Madeleine). Mr Amaral published a book in 2008 and produced a documentary and DVD in 2009 which claimed Madeleine was dead and that her parents faked an abduction and concealed her body. This has caused vast damage to the search for Madeleine in Portugal (where it is most likely that information relating to Madeleine’s abduction and whereabouts will come from.) The Board felt that an attempt to halt this damage was vital in order to further the search for Madeleine hence taking this course of action.'

Chairman's Statement 2008;

provided finance for a team of investigators to lead a private search for Madeleine

• financed the translation of the full set of files released by the Portuguese police, enabling our team of investigators to follow up all potential leads

paid for legal representation for Kate, Gerry, Sean and Amelie in Portugal, enabling them obtain an injunction banning Mr Amaral [sic] from repeating his fabricated claims about Madeleine's abduction
Thankyou G-Unit. So FMF are paying the legal expenses for this civil court case.

BTW did I see a figure of about 3.7 thousand pounds for a website?
(edited to correct decimal place)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 11:52:54 PM by pegasus »

Offline mercury

36 k for a website, correct

Totally ludicrous though

Sorry 37k

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1131284/Where-2m-gave-Madeleine-McCann-gone.html
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 12:10:26 AM by mercury »