Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853660 times)

Offline Mr Gray

I predict the GoFundMe appeal will reach the magic £40,000 within two weeks.
Or overnight (if a person whose money was used to fund the legal and other attacks against Amaral decides it's time to level the playing field).

why do you think amaral has almost zero support in Portugal

stephen25000

why do you think amaral has almost zero support in Portugal

How would you know how much support he has there ?

stephen25000

Oh by the way davel,  how popular are the McCanns in Portugal ?

Offline Mr Gray

How would you know how much support he has there ?

don't you read the Portuguese papers online

Offline Mr Gray

I predict the GoFundMe appeal will reach the magic £40,000 within two weeks.
Or overnight (if a person whose money was used to fund the legal and other attacks against Amaral decides it's time to level the playing field).

they need to keep pushing the "Justice for Maddie" angle then you could be right

stephen25000

don't you read the Portuguese papers online

Nope.

I do have other things to do with my time.

How about you ?

Offline pegasus

they need to keep pushing the "Justice for Maddie" angle then you could be right
"PJGA was founded as a quest for justice"  http://www.gofundme.com/Legal-DefencePJGA

I think the billionaires whose £100000s finance this civil case against Mr Amaral, and the ordinary folk like window-cleaners, cheap record dealers and market traders sending their fivers to Leanne's appeal, all want justice.
One group is simply better at reading a man's integrity than the other.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 10:51:46 PM by pegasus »

Alfred R Jones

"PJGA was founded as a quest for justice"  http://www.gofundme.com/Legal-DefencePJGA

I think the billionaires whose £100000s finance this civil case against Mr Amaral, and the ordinary folk like window-cleaners, cheap record dealers and market traders sending their fivers to Leanne's appeal, all want justice.
Why are the ordinary folk of Portugal not so convinced of Amaral's integrity and desperate need for financial assistance?

Offline Alice Purjorick

Why are the ordinary folk of Portugal not so convinced of Amaral's integrity and desperate need for financial assistance?

1. Do we have evidence they are not ? Not contributing to his fund is only evidence they are not contributing to it rather than the reason why they are not contributing to it.
2. What's the Portuguese for "all coppers are 'nanas"? That could be the reason.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline pegasus

Because the GFM page has much better web visibility than the PJGA site.
But the GFM page is currently has only english text.

Maybe if a short paragraph in portugese language is added on the GFM page,
and a little free PR (emails the link to a few portugese papers) ?
What do you think?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 11:27:25 PM by pegasus »

Offline misty

The two groups want different forms of justice, Pegasus.
Those who support the FMF want Madeleine found/any criminals brought to justice.
Those who support PJGA want a man's right to unrestricted freedom of speech restored in addition to his right to profit from it.

Alfred R Jones

Because the GFM page has much better web visibility than the PJGA site.
But the GFM page is currently has only english text.

Maybe if a short paragraph in portugese language is added on the GFM page,
and a little free PR (emails the link to a few portugese papers) ?
What do you think?
Hey Leanne, if you're reading this, why not give it a go?  I hear Amaral is a national hero in Portugal but the Portuguese haven't a clue about how to donate to their hero because they can't read what it says on your page!  Also, it seems the Portuguese press know nothing of your endeavours either so why not set the PR wheels in motion and get Joana on the case (I'm somewhat surprised she hasn't already though tbh).

Alfred R Jones

1. Do we have evidence they are not ? Not contributing to his fund is only evidence they are not contributing to it rather than the reason why they are not contributing to it.
2. What's the Portuguese for "all coppers are 'nanas"? That could be the reason.
We've been informed that Amaral is very popular in Portugal.  We also know the PT press reported his recent court failure against the McCanns and the unprecedented costs he has to pay.  You'd have thought that there would be at least as many Portuguese nationals eager to fund their hero's fight back as there are gullible British fools currently parting with their hard earned on a repeat basis, no?

Offline mercury

The two groups want different forms of justice, Pegasus.
Those who support the FMF want Madeleine found/any criminals brought to justice.
Those who support PJGA want a man's right to unrestricted freedom of speech restored in addition to his right to profit from it.

Either you don't understand or you're being disingenuous. The main reason is to support the underdog against the assault he has suffered. A lot of people think it is UNJUST that monies contributed to supposedly search for a child are being used to crucify someone in the sue courts. if you are ok with that, it's your problem.

Still, don't worry too much, he's only had a few thousand pounds, not millions....don't  lose much sleep

FORCA Mr Amaral, ie all strength, you know FORCA? the words many pro McCann  liars tried to say meant f*** the Mccanns? I

@)(++(*
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 02:17:36 AM by mercury »

Offline pegasus

Either you don't understand or you're being disingenuous. The main reason is to support the underdog against the assault he has suffered. A lot of people think it is UNJUST that monies contributed to supposedly search for a child are being used to crucify someone in the sue courts. if you are ok with that, it's your problem.

Still, don't worry too much, he's only had a few thousand pounds, not millions....don't  lose much sleep
Yes that's it, he is the underdog, and attempts have been made to destroy him, so I support him.
His theory is not all correct IMO. But he is a man of integrity, a man who talks straight.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 03:04:17 AM by pegasus »