Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853642 times)

stephen25000

You are misrepresenting me stephen.

I have never said that Amaral has PR Companies on his side.

So what did you say sadie ?

Offline Mr Justice K

the answer is obvious and in no way sinister

What is obvious is that they say one thing but do the opposite which does them no favours whatsoever.  If the Oakley Report is so innocuous then why not release it ?
Law without justice is a wound without a cure.  (William Scott Downey)

Offline Angelo222

What is obvious is that they say one thing but do the opposite which does them no favours whatsoever.  If the Oakley Report is so innocuous then why not release it ?

Because it isn't innocuous but very damaging and that was what their own private investigators thought. hmm...
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

almost all people in the public eye have confidentiality clauses in their contracts to stop stories being sold to newspapers....The only people making demands on the McCanns are a few  sceptics on the net....why should the McCanns do anything to satisfy them

Offline Mr Gray

Because it isn't innocuous but very damaging and that was what their own private investigators thought. hmm...

Well SY have it so they can make their own judgement and act on it...none of our business

Alfred R Jones

Unless you had a reputation and a career to protect of course.  Another issue which bothered me greatly was why the McCanns felt it expedient to have a secrecy clause in their contract with Halligen and Oakley International when they promised total transparency from the outset?
When did they promise total transparency into their private investigation into Madeleine's disappearance?

Offline Angelo222

Well SY have it so they can make their own judgement and act on it...none of our business

Raises the question as to what other secrets they are hiding?  As to credibility...what credibility??
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

When did they promise total transparency into their private investigation into Madeleine's disappearance?

When they created the Maddie fund using the publics money.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Alfred R Jones

Raises the question as to what other secrets they are hiding?  As to credibility...what credibility??
May one ask why you believe that every single detail of this case should be in the public domain at this moment in time?

stephen25000

Now, didn't they promise a full an open investigation ?

Offline Benice

How can you make such a definite claim - when you haven't read the report?

On the other hand SY have read it - and obviously didn't find it ''very damaging'' - or they would not have been able to rule the McCanns out of the investigation.

IMO your statement which (without access to the report)  cannot possibly be substantiated  - is libellous.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Alfred R Jones

Now, didn't they promise a full an open investigation ?
Cite.  Who, when, where.

stephen25000

Cite.  Who, when, where.

That's what I recall Alfred.

Question is, why wouldn't they do that ?

Offline Jean-Pierre

That's what I recall Alfred.

Question is, why wouldn't they do that ?

I don't think your recollection is terribly good, Stephen.  So unless you can provide a cite for this then its not worth discussing.