Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853779 times)

Offline Angelo222

but amaral did claim he knew for sure....

Well he's wrong.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

as usual you have not answered the question...if the crime is undetermined then amaral has no right to say the parents done it

The facts are the facts.

Crime unknown, ONLY TO THOSE WHO REMOVED MADELEINE.

That has yet to be determined.

Offline Eleanor

That was a contention.  Despite what Mr Amaral might write or say, there is no way he can know for sure what happened to Maddie.  Only those involved directly in her disappearance, assuming such a person or persons exist, can know the answer to that mystery.

Sorry, what do you mean by "A Contention?"  Amaral did state it categorically, so it ceased to be A Thesis.

One would be hard pushed to find legal cause in his book, despite the frequent and proven lies.  It's what happened after the book that drove The McCanns.
For just how long were they supposed to go on putting up with this?  The ghastly man was on a roll.  It just got worse and worse.
He was begging to be sued.

Offline Eleanor

The facts are the facts.

Crime unknown, ONLY TO THOSE WHO REMOVED MADELEINE.

That has yet to be determined.

So, in your opinion, how did Amaral prove that The McCanns done it?

Offline Carana

That was a contention.

But one that the average reader might take to be fact, based on the "we, policemen, experts..." type of statements.

How many people would bother to question his team's understanding of DNA, for example? A casual reading makes it sound as if he knew what he was talking about. Ditto concerning the significance of the dogs' alerts, and numerous lost-in-confusion issues.

My main objection is not that he wrote a book, was the lead in a "documentary" and was on every media outlet that would have him, nor even that he made a substantial amount of money in the process.

My main gripe is that he presented himself as an "expert" in order to defend his "honour", when he could have taken a step back from it and most probably would still have had a best-seller without the need to push his hypothesis as "what really happened" to the equivalent of those who assume that anything in a tabloid is substantiated fact.

I also think that a more humble attitude could have done a lot to push Portugal foward in terms of the limited resources at hand.

As an example, there was an interview with Lennie Harper (Haut de la Garenne). He openly admitted that he was faced with a massive situation that he had tried to deal with the best he could at the time. How far that's true or not, I don't know, but at least he more or less admitted that he was out of his depth and got side-tracked.

Well, we're all human and make mistakes. Personally, I prefer reading an account of someone who can admit to them, rather than insisting that mysterious and unsubstantiated conspiracies prevented them from proving the "truth", particularly when it concerns a missing child.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 01:51:16 PM by Carana »

Offline Angelo222

Sorry, what do you mean by "A Contention?"  Amaral did state it categorically, so it ceased to be A Thesis.

One would be hard pushed to find legal cause in his book, despite the frequent and proven lies.  It's what happened after the book that drove The McCanns.
For just how long were they supposed to go on putting up with this?  The ghastly man was on a roll.  It just got worse and worse.
He was begging to be sued.

Amaral didn't lose the latest action because he was proven to be wrong, he lost it because he caused unnecessary suffering to Kate and Gerry McCann.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

But one that the average reader might take to be fact, based on the "we, policemen, experts..." type of statements.

How many people would bother to question his team's understanding of DNA, for example? A casual reading makes it sound as if he knew what he was talking about. Ditto concerning the significance of the dogs' alerts, and numerous lost-in-confusion issues.

My main objection is not that he wrote a book, was the lead in a "documentary" and was on every media outlet that would have him, nor even that he made a substantial amount of money in the process.

My main gripe is that he presented himself as an "expert" in order to defend his "honour", when he could have taken a step back from it and most probably would still have had a best-seller without the need to push his hypothesis as "what really happened" to the equivalent of those who assume that anything in a tabloid is substantiated fact.

I also think that a more humble attitude could have done a lot to push Portugal foward in terms of the limited resources at hand.

As an example, there was an interview with Lennie Harper (Haut de la Garenne). He openly admitted that he was faced with a massive situation that he had tried to deal with the best he could at the time. How far that's true or not, I don't know, but at least he more or less admitted that he was out of his depth and got side-tracked.

Well, we're all human and make mistakes. Personally, I prefer reading an account of someone who can admit to them, rather than insisting that mysterious and unsubstantiated conspiracies prevented them from proving the "truth", particularly when it concerns a missing child.

I have a feeling he pushed the envelope in order to promote the book but he went too far imo.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Eleanor

Amaral didn't lose the latest action because he was proven to be wrong, he lost it because he caused unnecessary suffering to Kate and Gerry McCann.

Because he was wrong.  How can he have caused unnecessary suffering if he was right?

Offline Eleanor

I have a feeling he pushed the envelope in order to promote the book but he went too far imo.

I agree.

ferryman

He lost it because he was proven to be wrong.

On innumerable counts.

Offline Eleanor

He lost it because he was proven to be wrong.

On innumerable counts.

Not sure about that, although you are not wrong.  But the fact is that Amaral did lose.  But never mind, we have acres of time to hash it all out.

On the day that I half understand Portuguese Law then I will let you all know.  I only wish that I could have some faith in it.

I truly believe that if The Judiciary had chosen to indict The McCanns then they would have been convicted, because the whole system is crap.

stephen25000

So, in your opinion, how did Amaral prove that The McCanns done it?

Done what ?

His contention was that it was accidental death and not the mccanns 'dunnit'.

ferryman

Amaral accused them of heinous crimes of which they are innocent.

That's why he lost the libel trial.

Offline Alice Purjorick

Amaral accused them of heinous crimes of which they are innocent.

That's why he lost the libel trial.

I thought he was shafted because he used privileged information ?
Rather for how he obtained information not for what he said?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Eleanor

Done what ?

His contention was that it was accidental death and not the mccanns 'dunnit'.

Well someone had to have hidden Madeleine's body.  Or do you think the Abductor did that?