Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853642 times)

Offline Anna

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #2895 on: September 04, 2015, 11:03:46 PM »
I think you will find that police officers are very supportive of other police officers who have hit problems. What you seem to be suggesting is that it would illegal for the police federation paid for by policemen to assist a police officer in trouble.

I was suggesting nothing. Are you a police officer?
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline mercury

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #2896 on: September 04, 2015, 11:14:13 PM »
I don't recall retired police officers being mentioned, Mercury. As to the quote it was information in response to another post, but you will have to read back for that.

Right. I guess I will have to read back then instead of just being told what it was about, No probs.
Unless some other kind soul can do a quick précis lol

8**8:/:

ETA, forget it, found it thanks.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 11:26:42 PM by mercury »

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2897 on: September 04, 2015, 11:17:42 PM »
I was suggesting nothing. Are you a police officer?

You were quoting so I assume you felt it relevant to the discussion about police donating to GA fund. N.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Anna

« Reply #2898 on: September 04, 2015, 11:24:27 PM »
You were quoting so I assume you felt it relevant to the discussion about police donating to GA fund. N.

It was a long way back and something to do with a police team. Slarti. I am trying to find it now.
― Plato

Offline Anna

― Plato

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2900 on: September 05, 2015, 12:00:50 AM »
... Police officers are also required not to take any active part in politics ...
http://glospolfed.org.uk/rules-and-regs/restrictions-on-the-private-life-of-a-police-officer/
Some people went hundreds of miles to ensure that an ex-policeman was prevented from taking an active part in local politics.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2901 on: September 05, 2015, 06:50:50 AM »
Here you go

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6269.msg269437#msg269437

I would like to know the difference between police officers donating to a Fund and Leicestershire police wearing 'Find Madeleine' wristbands and providing a link on their website to the Find Madeleine website?  Both suggest bias.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline slartibartfast

“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2904 on: September 05, 2015, 09:25:51 AM »
Seems the mccanns aren't too happy.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/463136/New-slap-face-Maddie-parents-Cop-wins-fight-libel-case-appeal

How exasperating for them. The man should have rolled over and paid up without a fight like the UK newspapers did. Who does he think he is?   @)(++(*
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Benice

« Reply #2905 on: September 05, 2015, 09:33:06 AM »
How exasperating for them. The man should have rolled over and paid up without a fight like the UK newspapers did. Who does he think he is?   @)(++(*

(a)  IMO no 'source close to the McCanns' would make any comments to a newspaper.

(b)  Is it your opinion that the McCanns didn't know Amaral was going to appeal - or that their lawyer hasn't already explained all the possible eventualities to them?
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

« Reply #2906 on: September 05, 2015, 09:33:53 AM »

Well according to the mirror, probably one of those nasty sardine munchers.  8)--))

Actually sardines are quite nice barbecued with a chilli sauce. ?{)(**

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2907 on: September 05, 2015, 09:35:15 AM »

Yes he should have done... Like Bennett
If he had he may have kept some of his money

stephen25000

« Reply #2908 on: September 05, 2015, 09:35:18 AM »
(a)  IMO no 'source close to the McCanns' would make any comments to a newspaper.

(b)  Is it your opinion that the McCanns didn't know Amaral was going to appeal - or that their lawyer hasn't already explained all the possible eventualities to them?

How would you know  there are no 'sources' close to the mccanns ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2909 on: September 05, 2015, 09:38:35 AM »
How would you know  there are no 'sources' close to the mccanns ?

The correct spelling is sauces