Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853760 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #2910 on: September 05, 2015, 09:45:53 AM »
(a)  IMO no 'source close to the McCanns' would make any comments to a newspaper.

(b)  Is it your opinion that the McCanns didn't know Amaral was going to appeal - or that their lawyer hasn't already explained all the possible eventualities to them?

a. Do UK newspapers tell lies then  iyo? How absolutely disgraceful!

b. They may have thought they had defeated him initially. His assets were frozen so he had no funds to appeal with. I expect it was quite exasperating to see the bulk of the money for his appeal being raised by UK people. That was a bit of a slap in the face, wasn't it? Of course it was only 'trolls', but who'd have thought that they (the dregs of society according to some) would have been able to raise the amount they did?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Benice

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #2911 on: September 05, 2015, 09:46:50 AM »
How would you know  there are no 'sources' close to the mccanns ?

Common sense.     Everyone ''close to the McCanns'' will be well aware of the pitfalls of talking to the press.   IMO they would run a mile first before talking to any reporter - let alone one from the STAR. 

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2912 on: September 05, 2015, 09:48:58 AM »
&%+((£

Anna, that is this thread?

Anna was simply reminding members of the rules pertaining to Police Officers, which she had previously posted on this Thread.

stephen25000

« Reply #2913 on: September 05, 2015, 09:52:10 AM »

stephen25000

« Reply #2914 on: September 05, 2015, 09:53:21 AM »

Common sense.     Everyone ''close to the McCanns'' will be well aware of the pitfalls of talking to the press.   IMO they would run a mile first before talking to any reporter - let alone one from the STAR.

Of course benice.

So that would just be likes sources close to the PJ and Amaral then ? 8)--))

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2915 on: September 05, 2015, 09:53:56 AM »

b. They may have thought they had defeated him initially. His assets were frozen so he had no funds to appeal with. I expect it was quite exasperating to see the bulk of the money for his appeal being raised by UK people. That was a bit of a slap in the face, wasn't it? Of course it was only 'trolls', but who'd have thought that they (the dregs of society according to some) would have been able to raise the amount they did?

The mccanns would be well aware that amaral would appeal
They would have been fully expecting it

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2916 on: September 05, 2015, 09:54:53 AM »

One man's common sense is another man's nonsense.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2917 on: September 05, 2015, 09:56:51 AM »
The mccanns would be well aware that amaral would appeal
They would have been fully expecting it

In your opinion, unless you have inside knowledge?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2918 on: September 05, 2015, 09:59:08 AM »
In your opinion, unless you have inside knowledge?
No not my opinion
Everyone knew apart from you it seems that amaral would appeal and the case could drag on for years

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2919 on: September 05, 2015, 10:01:25 AM »
Yes he should have done... Like Bennett
If he had he may have kept some of his money

I may be wrong, but i think it was lack of funds which defeated Bennett. I'm not saying he would have won if he had funds, but he stopped because he didn't, I think.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Benice

« Reply #2920 on: September 05, 2015, 10:04:06 AM »

I'm sure the McCanns are well aware of how the Portuguese legal system grinds along by now - and their lawyer will have spelled it out to them anyway IMO.

I have no idea what the McCanns think of the fund.   Maybe they are glad to see the 'pity me' excuse of ''It's not fair - I'd love to appeal but I'm just too poverty stricken '  -  removed from the equation.

If Amaral is in a position (because of the fund) to carry out his stated intention of sueing not only the McCanns but their friends too - then I can't wait to see what his grounds will be for sueing people.
Any ideas?

« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 11:20:10 PM by John »
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

« Reply #2921 on: September 05, 2015, 10:05:15 AM »
I'm sure the McCanns are well aware of how the Portuguese legal system grinds along by now - and their lawyer will have spelled it out to them anyway IMO.

I have no idea what the McCanns think of the fund.   Maybe they are glad to see the 'pity me' excuse of ''It's not fair - I'd love to appeal but I'm just too poverty stricken '  -  removed from the equation.

If Amaral is in a position (because of the fund) to carry out his stated intention of sueing not only the McCanns but their friends too - then I can't wait to see what his grounds will be for sueing people.
Any ideas?

and don't forget the Supreme Court, and The European Court of Human Rights......................
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 11:20:28 PM by John »

Offline Carana

« Reply #2922 on: September 05, 2015, 10:13:32 AM »
and don't forget the Supreme Court, and The European Court of Human Rights......................

LOL

Maybe his supporters should consider organising bequests...

stephen25000

« Reply #2923 on: September 05, 2015, 10:17:13 AM »
LOL

Maybe his supporters should consider organising bequests...

You may be laughing now Carana, but don't bet on the outcome this time.

In his last appeal against the mccanns, he won.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2924 on: September 05, 2015, 10:19:59 AM »
You may be laughing now Carana, but don't bet on the outcome this time.

In his last appeal against the mccanns, he won.

Only to lose that one later.