Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853796 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3000 on: September 07, 2015, 02:00:48 PM »
It appears to have been referred to the higher court.

What the appeals court will make of it remains to be seen.

We will just have to be patient ... although I think it appears to be progressing quite speedily taking the recess into consideration ... so maybe not too long to wait.
Maybe by that time we will know what the latest ILOR is all about too.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Carana

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3001 on: September 07, 2015, 02:05:37 PM »
Where did you see that Carana ?

That's my understanding of the recent document posted on the PJGA site:

The right to appeal appears to have been granted by the lower court, which now goes to the appeals court to consider.

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #3002 on: September 07, 2015, 02:10:43 PM »

That's my understanding of the recent document posted on the PJGA site:

The right to appeal appears to have been granted by the lower court, which now goes to the appeals court to consider.

Link here

http://pjga.blogspot.nl/2015/09/confirmation.html

"the case proceedings will be sent to the Tribunal da Relação de Lisboa on the 10.07.2015."

Offline Carana

« Reply #3003 on: September 07, 2015, 02:19:04 PM »
Link here

http://pjga.blogspot.nl/2015/09/confirmation.html

"the case proceedings will be sent to the Tribunal da Relação de Lisboa on the 10.07.2015."

Yes. That's what I've gathered as well.

A pending question is what is actually meant by it only being sent to the appeals tribunal a month from now... unless that's an obscure way of wording that that is the date on which it will be considered by a venerable triumvirate over laptops and coffee.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 02:23:58 PM by Carana »

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #3004 on: September 07, 2015, 02:26:34 PM »
Yes. That's what I've gathered as well.

A pending question is what is actually meant by it only being sent to the appeals tribunal a month from now... unless that's an obscure way of wording that that is the date on which it will be considered by a venerable triumvirate over laptops and coffee.

God knows. 

But I imagine it will be sent over in a month and then tabled for hearing a few weeks later.

stephen25000

« Reply #3005 on: September 07, 2015, 02:39:13 PM »
I believe there is a backlog of cases in Portugal.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3006 on: September 07, 2015, 03:00:14 PM »
I believe there is a backlog of cases in Portugal.

ORLY.

Offline Carana

« Reply #3007 on: September 07, 2015, 03:03:55 PM »
God knows. 

But I imagine it will be sent over in a month and then tabled for hearing a few weeks later.

The PT postal services can't be that impaired, surely?

Would this appeals "hearing" involve anyone other than the judges poring over documents already submitted?

If not, 7 October might be when three judges have a moment to confer.

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #3008 on: September 07, 2015, 03:52:00 PM »
The PT postal services can't be that impaired, surely?

Would this appeals "hearing" involve anyone other than the judges poring over documents already submitted?

If not, 7 October might be when three judges have a moment to confer.

I have no idea.  It may well be that it takes a month to collate the case and prepare for the court to consider it.

And then a few weeks for the consideration of the written evidence, followed by an announcement at end of this year / beginning of next year.

So don't hold your breath. 

Online misty

« Reply #3009 on: September 07, 2015, 04:07:37 PM »
@Jean-Pierre
What would happen to the frozen assets if Amaral filed to be declared bankrupt now?

ferryman

« Reply #3010 on: September 07, 2015, 04:08:39 PM »
I have no idea.  It may well be that it takes a month to collate the case and prepare for the court to consider it.

And then a few weeks for the consideration of the written evidence, followed by an announcement at end of this year / beginning of next year.

So don't hold your breath.

Have you seen the written evidence in your perusal of the first-instance court ruling?

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #3011 on: September 07, 2015, 04:13:17 PM »
Have you seen the written evidence in your perusal of the first-instance court ruling?

I have seen the first instance ruling.

Which bits are you referring to, FM?

ferryman

« Reply #3012 on: September 07, 2015, 04:25:30 PM »
I have seen the first instance ruling.

Which bits are you referring to, FM?

The written submissions, which I have always assumed not to have been revealed on line?

ETA: I have always tended to assume that that made available on line (of the whole judgment) is a comparatively small segment, and that that the bulk of the judgment is, in fact, contained in written submissions.

Am I wrong about that?

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #3013 on: September 07, 2015, 04:34:26 PM »
The written submissions, which I have always assumed not to have been revealed on line?

ETA: I have always tended to assume that that made available on line (of the whole judgment) is a comparatively small segment, and that that the bulk of the judgment is, in fact, contained in written submissions.

Am I wrong about that?

Happily not.  I get enough reading matter as part of the daily grind.  ?{)(**

The judgement is actually pretty comprehensive and gives the jist of the reasons behind the judgement. 

ferryman

« Reply #3014 on: September 07, 2015, 04:37:30 PM »
Thank you ....