Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853689 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3300 on: October 05, 2015, 05:31:01 PM »
By the end of the day Amaral's fund should reach £50,000 thanks in no small part to the wonderful publicity it received in Jerry Lawton's article today in the Star.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline jassi

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3301 on: October 05, 2015, 05:34:26 PM »
Certainly an noticeable  boost today.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3302 on: October 05, 2015, 06:08:49 PM »
Why would the closure of Madeleine McCann's account on social media be a reason to boost Mr Amaral's funding appeal?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3303 on: October 05, 2015, 06:10:36 PM »
Why would the closure of Madeleine McCann's account on social media be a reason to boost Mr Amaral's funding appeal?

It wasn't. The article was.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3304 on: October 05, 2015, 06:13:10 PM »
Any publicity the Fund gets is an excuse for the same old bunch of trolls to dig into their pockets for the umpteenth time in order to give the impression that thousands of new donors have been turned on to it.  It's extraordinarily pitiful to watch. 

Offline jassi

« Reply #3305 on: October 05, 2015, 06:17:32 PM »
Hey Alfie, I thought you were going to lighten up.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

stephen25000

« Reply #3306 on: October 05, 2015, 06:47:56 PM »
Any publicity the Fund gets is an excuse for the same old bunch of trolls to dig into their pockets for the umpteenth time in order to give the impression that thousands of new donors have been turned on to it.  It's extraordinarily pitiful to watch.

NO.

Just SOUR GRAPES.

Offline Montclair

« Reply #3307 on: October 05, 2015, 07:32:43 PM »
Due to the publicity today, the fund is now £ 50.030,--. The McCanns must be ever so exasperated now.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3308 on: October 05, 2015, 07:33:33 PM »
Furious is the favoured word  ?{)(**

A few tempers will be frayed tonight, no doubt.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 07:50:27 PM by jassi »

Or maybe not -

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3309 on: October 05, 2015, 07:58:48 PM »
Due to the publicity today, the fund is now £ 50.030,--. The McCanns must be ever so exasperated now.
How much has been taken out of this fund already do we know?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3310 on: October 05, 2015, 10:24:22 PM »
How much has been taken out of this fund already do we know?

Did you donate ? If not then it's none of your business.........or at least that's what you tell us about the 'fund'.

Anyway excellent news and well done again to Jerry Lawton.

ferryman

« Reply #3311 on: October 05, 2015, 10:46:33 PM »
According to Portuguese law, the right to appeal is always guaranteed.

Not true.

The right to appeal is more liberally interpreted than (for example) in English law, but it is not automatic.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3312 on: October 05, 2015, 10:56:08 PM »
Nicolas Bernoulli was the first person to state the St Petersburg Paradox. His brother Daniel came up with a resolution to it.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3313 on: October 05, 2015, 11:21:37 PM »
Did you donate ? If not then it's none of your business.........or at least that's what you tell us about the 'fund'.

Anyway excellent news and well done again to Jerry Lawton.
I donated £5 actually, so I think I have every right to question it. 

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3314 on: October 05, 2015, 11:28:02 PM »
I donated £5 actually, so I think I have every right to question it.

Of course you did Alfie !!