Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853639 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3465 on: November 18, 2015, 11:23:07 PM »
I think the customary response to such orders is - "who made you a Mod"?

I suppose the customary answer to that could be "Roger Daltrey".
But me nah never owned a Lambretta with a squirrel's tail flying off a whip aerial at the back; more sort of a hard rock heavy metal greaser me.

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3466 on: November 18, 2015, 11:49:07 PM »
Of course being the suspicious type I very much doubt £50k was actually raised - the way GoFundMe works you could easily recycle money to give the impression that more was raised than it actually was, even at a percentage cost to the overall actual total.  And then of course, there were the fake donors, such as the Sun journo, Jim Gamble, a bunch of Met officers etc.  The whole thing stinks like a 10 day old sardine, but of course none of this is of any interest whatsoever to the likes of you, is it...? Of course not!
Meantime, I'm struggling to live with it...but it's hard. @)(++(*

You may well be right but as I posted before:

"Sr Amaral got his dosh and submitted his appeal which was allowed; job jobbed.
So neither protagonist having landed a knock out blow in round one we await the result of round two.
Score for round one 10:9".

Why would the emboldened bit be of interest to me? There have been weird folk around who have done weird things since long before the narrow confines of "The McCann Box" were arbitrarily created. No doubt it will continue long after the "McCann Box" is closed. If I allowed myself to break out in a muck sweat about all of it I would have crawled in a hole and pulled it in after me long before I heard the name McCann, excluding Les McCann of course.

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3467 on: November 19, 2015, 01:31:45 AM »
Of course being the suspicious type I very much doubt £50k was actually raised - the way GoFundMe works you could easily recycle money to give the impression that more was raised than it actually was, even at a percentage cost to the overall actual total.  (snip)
Pure wishful invention by you unless you have any evidence. And what would be the point? PJGA are not there to do PR. The aim of the GFM appeal was to raise enough money to ensure Mr Amaral could appeal. And it worked perfectly because it meant he could afford a lawyer and the appeal was filed and very soon the result of the appeal will be announced.

ferryman

« Reply #3468 on: November 19, 2015, 08:09:20 AM »
Pure wishful invention by you unless you have any evidence. And what would be the point? PJGA are not there to do PR. The aim of the GFM appeal was to raise enough money to ensure Mr Amaral could appeal. And it worked perfectly because it meant he could afford a lawyer and the appeal was filed and very soon the result of the appeal will be announced.

You say very soon!

Do you have an exact date?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3469 on: November 19, 2015, 08:11:07 AM »
pegasus, Slarti and possibly Alice seem to be in a state of denial regarding the purpose of this Fund.  Of secondary importance was raising money for the hard-up hero, clearly its primary objective was as a point scoring exercise and propaganda vehicle.  If you can't see that, then that's because you choose not to.  Your choice.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3470 on: November 19, 2015, 08:13:17 AM »
I suppose the customary answer to that could be "Roger Daltrey".
But me nah never owned a Lambretta with a squirrel's tail flying off a whip aerial at the back; more sort of a hard rock heavy metal greaser me.
to paraphrase John Lennon, you're more of a mocker then, right? 8)--))

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3471 on: November 19, 2015, 08:16:44 AM »
pegasus, Slarti and possibly Alice seem to be in a state of denial regarding the purpose of this Fund.  Of secondary importance was raising money for the hard-up hero, clearly its primary objective was as a point scoring exercise and propaganda vehicle.  If you can't see that, then that's because you choose not to.  Your choice.

@)(++(*
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3472 on: November 19, 2015, 08:20:42 AM »

absolutely true...Pegasus has admitted that the posts supporting the donations were often based on lies and in some cases extreme

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3474 on: November 19, 2015, 08:42:47 AM »
It seems to me that people donated to Amaral's fund for various reasons. Some believed his thesis, others just disbelieved the McCanns, some were annoyed at being called trolls by the media, some were disgusted that the media didn't report honestly (they all printed Kate McCann's quote saying it was about the search and the children, did any report that none of the money awarded was for those items?). Some people donated because they saw it as unfair that Amaral didn't have the money needed for his defense.

Whatever the reasons, enough was raised for the appeal to be filed, which was the point of the exercise. One clear objective achieved.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

ferryman

« Reply #3475 on: November 19, 2015, 09:00:11 AM »
I repeat my question: do we know when Amaral's appeal will be heard?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3476 on: November 19, 2015, 09:09:18 AM »
It seems to me that people donated to Amaral's fund for various reasons. Some believed his thesis, others just disbelieved the McCanns, some were annoyed at being called trolls by the media, some were disgusted that the media didn't report honestly (they all printed Kate McCann's quote saying it was about the search and the children, did any report that none of the money awarded was for those items?). Some people donated because they saw it as unfair that Amaral didn't have the money needed for his defense.

Whatever the reasons, enough was raised for the appeal to be filed, which was the point of the exercise. One clear objective achieved.
his thesis was based on lies

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3477 on: November 19, 2015, 09:15:33 AM »
@)(++(*
Apparently it is against forum rules to make posts whose sole objective is to goad.  Your last two posts to me have been rude / goading.  As you are a mod and should be setting an example to the rest of us, I trust you will reflect upon the error of your ways, and delete your two last posts to me.  Yours in anticipation, Alfred.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3478 on: November 19, 2015, 09:16:59 AM »
absolutely true...Pegasus has admitted that the posts supporting the donations were often based on lies and in some cases extreme
Pegasus and many others were also extremely put out when the media seemed to ignore this fund - a clear indication that it was as much about propaganda and PR spin as anything else.

stephen25000

« Reply #3479 on: November 19, 2015, 09:39:07 AM »
Pegasus and many others were also extremely put out when the media seemed to ignore this fund - a clear indication that it was as much about propaganda and PR spin as anything else.

Hypocrite.

What have the mccanns and their cohorts being doing for the last 8 plus years