Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853650 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3495 on: November 19, 2015, 11:41:55 AM »
Leave that to the court.

then leave the McCanns to the court

Offline G-Unit

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3496 on: November 19, 2015, 11:43:12 AM »
And your problem with my explanation of why Amaral is likely to lose his appeal is, what?

Your explanation has absolutely nothing to do with the judge's ruling, so nothing of what you referred to will be considered by the appeal court.

They will consider the ruling which said that Amaral broke judicial secrecy and that he ignored the presumption of innocence which, as an ex policeman, he was supposed to uphold.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #3497 on: November 19, 2015, 11:47:15 AM »
The so what is that Amaral lied that no one talked out about murder

And (more seriously) he lied that Harrison turned the investigation into one for a little girl assumed dead.

Harrison did no such thing (on either count).

A girl vanishes and after 3 months there's still no trace. What do you think the police think happened to her? Harrison's report was written before the dogs were deployed - 23/07/2007.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 11:50:51 AM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3498 on: November 19, 2015, 11:48:37 AM »
Your explanation has absolutely nothing to do with the judge's ruling, so nothing of what you referred to will be considered by the appeal court.

They will consider the ruling which said that Amaral broke judicial secrecy and that he ignored the presumption of innocence which, as an ex policeman, he was supposed to uphold.

you are presuming he has appealed the judgement and not the sentence...which we do not know...but he does talk of appealing the sentence in his statement

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3499 on: November 19, 2015, 12:22:12 PM »
A girl vanishes and after 3 months there's still no trace. What do you think the police think happened to her? Harrison's report was written before the dogs were deployed - 23/07/2007.

Recommended by;

"It was British police who said they must consider not only abduction but homicide as well."

The NPIA provided a checklist of what should be done, advising the Portuguese police to include the McCanns in their inquiry and take new forensics at their holiday apartment in Praia da Luz.
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id308.html

Requested by;

The reconnaissance undertaken and this report has been completed at the direct request and benefit of Guillhemino Encamacao the Algarve Regional Director of the Portuguese Judicial Police
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARK_HARRISON.htm
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3500 on: November 19, 2015, 12:30:27 PM »
Recommended by;

"It was British police who said they must consider not only abduction but homicide as well."

The NPIA provided a checklist of what should be done, advising the Portuguese police to include the McCanns in their inquiry and take new forensics at their holiday apartment in Praia da Luz.
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id308.html

Requested by;

The reconnaissance undertaken and this report has been completed at the direct request and benefit of Guillhemino Encamacao the Algarve Regional Director of the Portuguese Judicial Police
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARK_HARRISON.htm

It is interesting the UK police recommended looking at abduction and homicide.....no mention of an accident and cover up

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3501 on: November 19, 2015, 12:51:27 PM »
Apparently it is against forum rules to make posts whose sole objective is to goad.  Your last two posts to me have been rude / goading.  As you are a mod and should be setting an example to the rest of us, I trust you will reflect upon the error of your ways, and delete your two last posts to me.  Yours in anticipation, Alfred.

Since you are making wild claims with no evidence, I think my response was fairly mild.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Anna

« Reply #3502 on: November 19, 2015, 12:52:02 PM »
Slipping Off topic, Guys?
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #3503 on: November 19, 2015, 01:11:21 PM »
It is interesting the UK police recommended looking at abduction and homicide.....no mention of an accident and cover up

Get real. You don't cover up accidents but caught perps usually say that it was.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

ferryman

« Reply #3504 on: November 19, 2015, 01:15:46 PM »

And there was me paying you the (comparative) compliment of assuming you'd read the files (and Amaral's book) ...

ferryman

« Reply #3505 on: November 19, 2015, 01:41:24 PM »

So you think that the outright untruths (at most charitable); lies (at probably more accurate) Amaral has told that lower the reputation of the McCanns are irrelevant?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3506 on: November 19, 2015, 01:47:24 PM »
So you think that the outright untruths (at most charitable); lies (at probably more accurate) Amaral has told that lower the reputation of the McCanns are irrelevant?

The truth or otherwise of Amaral's thesis was not considered in the judge's ruling, so it is irrelevant as you have been told many times.
Result = happy posting.

ferryman

« Reply #3507 on: November 19, 2015, 01:54:54 PM »
The truth or otherwise of Amaral's thesis was not considered in the judge's ruling, so it is irrelevant as you have been told many times.

Amaral's lies (at most damning)/inaccuracies (at most charitable) that traduce reputation are deeply relevant to a libel trial.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3508 on: November 19, 2015, 02:11:12 PM »
Best to wait and see what the appeal judge decides, I think.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3509 on: November 19, 2015, 02:21:04 PM »
Best to wait and see what the appeal judge decides, I think.

and wait and see what Grange says rather than speculating about the parents role