Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853641 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3645 on: November 27, 2015, 06:49:47 PM »
Do you think the money their parents may get will make the children feel better? Banning the book doesn't help, because  Amaral isn't the only one saying their parents were involved either.
Money was never the most important thing...stopping the lies was and the mcccanns have been totally successful in stopping amaral and stripping him of his ill gotten gains

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3646 on: November 27, 2015, 06:57:02 PM »
Money was never the most important thing...stopping the lies was and the mcccanns have been totally successful in stopping amaral and stripping him of his ill gotten gains
The book is obtainable on that tinternet and Sr Amaral has appealed. No lasting result yet.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3647 on: November 27, 2015, 06:59:11 PM »
The book is obtainable on that tinternet and Sr Amaral has appealed. No lasting result yet.

never said there was a lasting result...would you not agree that amaral must feel totally humiliated by the judgement of his own countries court

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3648 on: November 27, 2015, 07:08:23 PM »
never said there was a lasting result...would you not agree that amaral must feel totally humiliated by the judgement of his own countries court

Why? the "bill" started at £1.2MM and it's now down to £500k. There was the issue that the book impeded the search the judge said it didn't. Sr Amaral was given leave to appeal. So far so good.
I would be p****d off that I didn't get a KO in round one but still the fight goes on. See what the scorecards say at the end of the bout. Had he started the court case and lost then maybe he would feel humiliated but he's there by invitation at the behest of others.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3649 on: November 27, 2015, 07:12:20 PM »
Why? the "bill" started at £1.2MM and it's now down to £500k. There was the issue that the book impeded the search the judge said it didn't. Sr Amaral was given leave to appeal. So far so good.
I would be p****d off that I didn't get a KO in round one but still the fight goes on. See what the scorecards say at the end of the bout. Had he started the court case and lost then maybe he would feel humiliated but he's there by invitation at the behest of others.

the judge never said the book did not harm the search.......but I'm a stickler for accuracy and detail
amaral invited the mccanns to sue him...so the mccanns are there at his request
I can see why sceptics such as yourself try to spin the result...it must be devastating for amaral

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3650 on: November 27, 2015, 07:35:09 PM »
the judge never said the book did not harm the search.......but I'm a stickler for accuracy and detail
amaral invited the mccanns to sue him...so the mccanns are there at his request
I can see why sceptics such as yourself try to spin the result...it must be devastating for amaral

Why ? he hasn't lost anything yet.
It may be devastating in due course depending on the final score.
Your speculation is it must be devastating for him because you want it to be. That is just your unsubstantiated opinion.

ferryman

« Reply #3651 on: November 27, 2015, 07:45:36 PM »
So who says they killed her?

Goncalo Amaral.

In summary, that's why he lost the libel trial
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 07:47:37 PM by ferryman »

Offline mercury

« Reply #3652 on: November 27, 2015, 08:03:04 PM »
Good grief!

Is there really still confusion over the (entirely separate and unrelated) dispute over the injunction and the libel trial, concluded (in favour of the McCanns) last April?

The judge said to Gerald Mccann that the case was not about establishng if the book contents were true or not but only to establsh if the defendant's right to freedom of expression impeded on the plaintiffs' rights....so how is it a libel trial if the issue of truth of statements was not a relevant factor?

ferryman

« Reply #3653 on: November 27, 2015, 08:06:36 PM »
The judge said to Gerald Mccann that the case was not about establishng if the book contents were true or not but only to establsh if the defendant's right to freedom of expression impeded on the plaintiffs' rights....so how is it a libel trial if the issue of truth of statements was not a relevant factor?

I'm quite certain the judge didn't confuse proceedings over the injunction (which is what you describe above) with the libel trial (which she presided over).

Offline mercury

« Reply #3654 on: November 27, 2015, 08:12:04 PM »
I'm quite certain the judge didn't confuse proceedings over the injunction (which is what you describe above) with the libel trial (which she presided over).

Not sure what you mean. Read towards the end.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=4746.0

ferryman

« Reply #3655 on: November 27, 2015, 08:17:01 PM »
Not sure what you mean. Read towards the end.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=4746.0

That's Anne Guide's summary, isn't it?

Didn't she get somewhat muddled with Alan Pike's testimony to the court?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3656 on: November 27, 2015, 08:21:29 PM »
Goncalo Amaral.

In summary, that's why he lost the libel trial

Please provide a cite for that.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline mercury

« Reply #3657 on: November 27, 2015, 08:23:18 PM »
That's Anne Guide's summary, isn't it?

Didn't she get somewhat muddled with Alan Pike's testimony to the court?

Oh right, so the goalpostshave changed, not to worry then.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3658 on: November 27, 2015, 08:30:26 PM »
Why ? he hasn't lost anything yet.
It may be devastating in due course depending on the final score.
Your speculation is it must be devastating for him because you want it to be. That is just your unsubstantiated opinion.

what has he lost as yet...access to his own money......his own countries court has supported the mccannns...fact...
if you don't think he's devastated you are a banana

stephen25000

« Reply #3659 on: November 27, 2015, 08:44:29 PM »
what has he lost as yet...access to his own money......his own countries court has supported the mccannns...fact...
if you don't think he's devastated you are a banana

The case isn't over yet.

The McCann's have nothing but ongoing legal bills, as I predicted.