Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853737 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3660 on: November 27, 2015, 08:45:40 PM »
The case isn't over yet.

The McCann's have nothing but ongoing legal bills, as I predicted.

and amaral lost as I predicted..

stephen25000

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3661 on: November 27, 2015, 08:51:54 PM »
and amaral lost as I predicted..

The case isn't over.

How many points in court, did the McCann's fail to prove ?

Offline mercury

« Reply #3662 on: November 27, 2015, 08:52:56 PM »
Please provide a cite for that.

It does not exist.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3663 on: November 27, 2015, 08:55:25 PM »
The case isn't over.

How many points in court, did the McCann's fail to prove ?

He lost that hearing as I predicted
Has he appealed against the judgement or the sentence

stephen25000

« Reply #3664 on: November 27, 2015, 08:57:59 PM »
He lost that hearing as I predicted
Has he appealed against the judgement or the sentence

Answer the question.

How many points did the McCann's fail to prove ?

They have of course received NOTHING as regards money.

ferryman

« Reply #3665 on: November 27, 2015, 09:05:42 PM »
Please provide a cite for that.

I'm not repeating the libel over here.

But read chapter 4 of his book in conjunction with the summary.

The clear inference is that there was an overdose of calpol causing a "tragic accident" (falling off a sofa) and death.

If he'd left it at "falling off a sofa" (for which there is zero evidence) at least he wouldn't have accused the McCanns of killing Madeleine.

stephen25000

« Reply #3666 on: November 27, 2015, 09:09:24 PM »

The clear inference is that there was an overdose of calpol causing a "tragic accident" (falling off a sofa) and death.

If he'd left it at "falling off a sofa" (for which there is zero evidence) at least he wouldn't have accused the McCanns of killing Madeleine.

He didn't ferryman.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3667 on: November 27, 2015, 09:19:52 PM »

No, doesn't cut it. In fact that is your inference.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

ferryman

« Reply #3668 on: November 27, 2015, 09:22:38 PM »
No, doesn't cut it. In fact that is your inference.

What doesn't "cut" what?

Offline mercury

« Reply #3669 on: November 27, 2015, 09:44:16 PM »

To play devils advocate, how are you in any position to state it IS libel? Rather than you just  believe it is.

ferryman

« Reply #3670 on: November 27, 2015, 09:54:03 PM »
To play devils advocate, how are you in any position to state it IS libel? Rather than you just  believe it is.

There is zero evidence to support any of it.

Offline mercury

« Reply #3671 on: November 27, 2015, 09:57:05 PM »
There is zero evidence to support any of it.

Bit like the abduction? What evidence would there be of it anyway, rhetorical question.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3672 on: November 27, 2015, 09:59:22 PM »

What doesn't "cut" what?

It means you are adding 2 + 2 and making sure the answer is 5 because it suits your preconceptions. You take a paragraph in chapter 4 and a conclusion in chapter 22 and create a libel all by yourself.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

ferryman

« Reply #3673 on: November 27, 2015, 10:09:21 PM »
It means you are adding 2 + 2 and making sure the answer is 5 because it suits your preconceptions. You take a paragraph in chapter 4 and a conclusion in chapter 22 and create a libel all by yourself.

Nope.

Amaral did that, not me.

That's (one!) of the reasons why he lost the libel trial.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3674 on: November 27, 2015, 10:13:52 PM »
Nope.

Amaral did that, not me.

That's (one!) of the reasons why he lost the libel trial.

Let's have the cite you seem to think exists.