Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853611 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3690 on: November 29, 2015, 01:30:52 PM »
Will we ever know if his appeal was unsuccessful I wonder...?

Oh I'm sure Miss Duarte will have it all over the internet in double quick time.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Alfred R Jones

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3691 on: November 29, 2015, 04:23:19 PM »
Oh I'm sure Miss Duarte will have it all over the internet in double quick time.
good to know we can rely on someone to keep us informed 😊

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3692 on: November 29, 2015, 04:28:50 PM »
good to know we can rely on someone to keep us informed 😊

Absolutely!
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3693 on: November 29, 2015, 04:30:08 PM »
Absolutely!

I wonder if it will be similar to last time.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3694 on: November 29, 2015, 04:31:20 PM »
I wonder if it will be similar to last time.

Depends on the result I suppose.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3695 on: November 29, 2015, 04:33:12 PM »
Depends on the result I suppose.

Let's hope amaral is stopped once and for all. Despite his posturing it seems he may have nowhere else to go if this verdict is unfavourable to him...as I expect it to be

stephen25000

« Reply #3696 on: November 29, 2015, 05:45:33 PM »
Let's hope amaral is stopped once and for all. Despite his posturing it seems he may have nowhere else to go if this verdict is unfavourable to him...as I expect it to be

Let's hope ?

Who exactly are you speaking for ?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3697 on: November 29, 2015, 10:51:42 PM »
Where havevthe mccanns or their supporters made an appeal for funds to pay for their legal fees?
By setting up the MFLNSU official website asking for donations to fund searching.

Part of those donations received as a result of that appeal to fund searching were used on the legal costs of obtaining the injunction against Mr Amaral (source: CH = Companies House) and also to pay for witnesses to fly out to Lisbon (source: CH).
This was quite reasonably treated as complying with the "searching" objective, the argument was that the book (and film) were preventing searching taking place (source: CH)

« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 10:58:54 PM by pegasus »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3698 on: November 29, 2015, 11:02:58 PM »
By setting up the MFLNSU official website asking for donations to fund searching.

Part of those donations received as a result of that appeal to fund searching were used on the legal costs of obtaining the injunction against Mr Amaral (source: CH = Companies House) and also to pay for witnesses to fly out to Lisbon (source: CH).
This was quite reasonably treated as complying with the "searching" objective, the argument was that the book (and film) were preventing searching taking place (source: CH)

And now the Portuguese judge has said the book and documentary didn't harm the search I wonder what will be the justification for using the fund now ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3699 on: November 29, 2015, 11:06:23 PM »
And now the Portuguese judge has said the book and documentary didn't harm the search I wonder what will be the justification for using the fund now ?

the Portuguese judge never said the book didn't harm the search...you will find I am 100% right as usual

Offline misty

« Reply #3700 on: November 29, 2015, 11:11:09 PM »

How much time had elapsed between the original writ being issued & the judge making her decision? What period of time do you think any decision was based on?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3701 on: November 29, 2015, 11:28:52 PM »
To be fair IMO the fund is not now financing this legal case.
While they were funding it they stated so clearly (source CH).

Offline mercury

« Reply #3702 on: November 29, 2015, 11:45:38 PM »

Who is fundng it iyo? The fact that the open part of the accounts do not mention it is not really testament is it?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3703 on: November 29, 2015, 11:47:21 PM »

Did they ? So who do you think was financing their litigation when it wasn't specifically stated that the fund was ?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3704 on: November 29, 2015, 11:52:04 PM »
How much time had elapsed between the original writ being issued & the judge making her decision? What period of time do you think any decision was based on?

The judge said the book had never damaged  the search. Not when the writ was issued, not when their PIs were 'investigating', not when SY took over, never, so yet again I'm not sure what your point is misty