Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853650 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #4230 on: January 22, 2016, 03:47:24 PM »
@ Stephen, the "13%" was raised in the press at a point in time.

Perhaps it simply stayed in your memory as verified fact? 

Everyone has memories of "facts" which may or may not be accurate (myself included)... hardly surprising in a case that has been discussed over such a long time.

Offline Carana

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #4231 on: January 22, 2016, 04:00:27 PM »
Here is the relevant passage from Stephen's link - lol.

Thanks, Alfie.

Percentage of money received spent on search for Madeleine

It has been stated in the media, probably inaccurately, that only 13% of expenditure for this period related to searching for Madeleine. However, it is not clear what this percentage actually is because some of the cost headings require clarification, in particular legal and professional fees.

Do forensic analyses by chartered accountants normally rely on the tabloids for their information?

She does say that it is "probably inaccurate"... but isn't the remit of a forensic analysis to examine the actual accounts in detail, as opposed to waving a vague doubt based on tabloid analysis?

Or perhaps I'm missing something...

Offline Carana

« Reply #4232 on: January 22, 2016, 04:23:50 PM »
Ia this the same Enid O'Dowd who travelled from wherever expecting to give evidence to support Bennett concerning the Madeleine Fund at his trial on a charge of contempt of court?

Or are one or both different people with identical names in the same court room on the same date over an issue concerning the same missing child?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 04:30:06 PM by Carana »

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #4233 on: January 22, 2016, 04:30:12 PM »
Ia this the same Enid O'Dowd who travelled from wherever expecting to give evidence to support Bennett concerning the Madeleine Fund at his trial on a charge of contempt of court?

Or are they both different people with identical names in the same court room on the same date over an issue concerning the same missing child?
Yes it's the same person - no axe to grind whatsoever, no sirree bob.

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #4234 on: January 22, 2016, 04:31:45 PM »

Or are they both different people with identical names in the same court room on the same date over an issue concerning the same missing child?

I think it must be a completely different O'Dowd, Carana.

The one Stephen is referring to here

"Look up Enid O'Dowd.

She has no axe to grind."

Cannot possibly be the one who is a mate of Bennetts and a member of his site.  Definitely not. Oh dear me no.  Just a co-incidence.   *&*%£

stephen25000

« Reply #4235 on: January 22, 2016, 05:03:17 PM »
.. and of course no mccann supporter on here has an axe to grind either on behalf of the mccanns.

As to Ms. O'Dowd, exemplary in her work and no one has contermanded her analysis of the accounts.

and we have yet to here from any mccann source an independently audited figure of the money spent on 'searching'. 8)-)))
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 05:05:49 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline Carana

« Reply #4236 on: January 22, 2016, 05:06:45 PM »
.. and of course no mccann supporter on here has an axe to grind either on behalf of the mccanns.

As to Ms. O'Dowd, exemplary in her work and no one has contermanded hee analysis of the accounts.

and we have yet to here from any mccann source teal independently audited figures of the money spent on 'searching'. 8)-)))

I'm still back to the same question, Stephen... what substantiates the "13%" allegation?

stephen25000

« Reply #4237 on: January 22, 2016, 05:09:59 PM »
I'm still back to the same question, Stephen... what substantiates the "13%" allegation?

As I said that comes from the articles I have read.

Why haven't the mccanns given a precise breakdown of the money spent in 'searching' and of course verifiable ?

They promised full and open accounts.

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #4238 on: January 22, 2016, 05:35:30 PM »

As to Ms. O'Dowd, exemplary in her work and no one has contermanded her analysis of the accounts.

and we have yet to here from any mccann source an independently audited figure of the money spent on 'searching'. 8)-)))

Stephen - you made the statement, so it is up to you to provide evidence.  You portrayed Enid O'dowd as someone with no axe to grind - really?. 

Having read her "analysis", my opinion differs from yours - in my view the "analysis" reeks of bias, and she is of course a mate of Bennetts and called by him as a witness in his court case so hardly unbiased.

1/10 for effort.  8(0(* 

As has been pointed out - even the "no axe to grind" FCA that you have cited says "  It has been stated in the media, probably inaccurately, that only 13% of expenditure for this period related to searching for Madeleine. However, it is not clear what this percentage actually is because some of the cost headings require clarification, in particular legal and professional fees"

So - where did the 13% claim come from?  Or do you wish to withdraw it? 

« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 05:38:51 PM by Jean-Pierre »

stephen25000

« Reply #4239 on: January 22, 2016, 05:57:13 PM »
Stephen - you made the statement, so it is up to you to provide evidence.  You portrayed Enid O'dowd as someone with no axe to grind - really?. 

Having read her "analysis", my opinion differs from yours - in my view the "analysis" reeks of bias, and she is of course a mate of Bennetts and called by him as a witness in his court case so hardly unbiased.

1/10 for effort.  8(0(* 

As has been pointed out - even the "no axe to grind" FCA that you have cited says "  It has been stated in the media, probably inaccurately, that only 13% of expenditure for this period related to searching for Madeleine. However, it is not clear what this percentage actually is because some of the cost headings require clarification, in particular legal and professional fees"

So - where did the 13% claim come from?  Or do you wish to withdraw it?

I will not withdraw that figure as it is given on numerous internet articles, as any search will reveal.

As to biased, O'Dowd is no more biased against the mccanns than you are biased in favour of them.

So JP how much of the funds have the mccanns spent on searching ? 8**8:/:

Offline Carana

« Reply #4240 on: January 22, 2016, 06:01:07 PM »
I will not withdraw that figure as it is given on numerous internet articles, as any search will reveal.

As to biased, O'Dowd is no more biased against the mccanns than you are biased in favour of them.

So JP how much of the funds have the mccanns spent on searching ? 8**8:/:

So this "13%" wasn't actually the result of a forensic analysis then?

stephen25000

« Reply #4241 on: January 22, 2016, 06:25:30 PM »
So this "13%" wasn't actually the result of a forensic analysis then?

Ask Ms. O'Dowd.

Now Carana how much of the fund have the mccanns spent searching ?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #4242 on: January 22, 2016, 06:38:24 PM »
Ask Ms. O'Dowd.

you said it was 13%, why are you asking Carana?

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #4243 on: January 22, 2016, 06:38:53 PM »
Ask Ms. O'Dowd.

Stephen - you made the statement.  It's up to you to back it up or withdraw it.

If you want your views to be taken seriously that is. 

stephen25000

« Reply #4244 on: January 22, 2016, 07:09:16 PM »
Stephen - you made the statement.  It's up to you to back it up or withdraw it.

If you want your views to be taken seriously that is.

Well I never.

Never seen that line before from a mccann supporter.

I have no intention of withdrawing that figure.

I did not make it up.

It is easily found by an Internet search.

Unlike of course amy independently verified figures from the mccanns demonstrating the among or percentage of the fund spent on the so called search.

As to being taken seriously JP,  do you really think I take you or other mccann supporters seriously, who day by day type the pro-mccann mantra on this forum ?