Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853733 times)

Offline Carana

If the material was already out there Carana in the media and on the internet, there was no breach.

Amazing feat of technology then. Editing, proof-reading, photoshopping official photos as line drawings, layout, printing and distribution in 3 days...

The files weren't released on 21 July, that's just when the AG announced the archival. The files weren't released to journalists until 4 August.

stephen25000

Amazing feat of technology then. Editing, proof-reading, photoshopping official photos as line drawings, layout, printing and distribution in 3 days...

The files weren't released on 21 July, that's just when the AG announced the archival. The files weren't released to journalists until 4 August.

You are still not getting it.

I wasn't referring to the 'files', I was referring to the information already out in the public arena prior to the book being released.

Offline Lace

I wasn't referring to the 'files', I was referring to the information already out in the public arena prior to the book being released.

The information in the public domain,  didn't accuse the McCann's,  there was no evidence at all,  apart from the 100% DNA headline that came from Portugal,   where did that come from I wonder.

stephen25000

The information in the public domain,  didn't accuse the McCann's,  there was no evidence at all,  apart from the 100% DNA headline that came from Portugal,   where did that come from I wonder.

Has it ever occurred to you, that people looking at the events and what the mccanns did, for example in setting up a fund so quickly, not bothering to search, etc., etc., raised more than just suspicions of what really happened in Portugal ?

Offline Carana

Oh, Ok. Like all the half-garbled leaks fluttering from PJ windows under a certain coordinator's watch?

Quite clever, really.

Offline G-Unit

Does the appeal ruling mention the breach of judicial secrecy issue? I can't find it.

I'll post it again then;

Nonetheless, it is understood, in the decision under appeal, that because the 1st appellant, Gonçalo Amaral, was, until October 2, 2007, the coordinator of the criminal investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, he was, after his retirement on the 1st of July, 2008, subject to the duties of secrecy and reserve that are imposed to the employees that serve the Polícia Judiciária.

And, under such terms, although the introductory note in the book invokes personal reasons, in a situation of conflict with the rights to a good name and reputation of the subjects of the appeal, the appellant [Gonçalo Amaral] could not benefit, faced with the results of the investigation, of a broad and full freedom of expression – and thus his conduct would be unlawful, under article 484 of the Civil Code.

From what was above said about this matter, it is clearly understood that such argumentation cannot be sustained.......

it is hardly understandable that an employee, even more a retired one, would have to keep said duties of secrecy and reserve, thus being limited in the exercise of his right to an opinion, concerning the interpretation of facts that were already made public by the judiciary authority, and widely debated (in fact, largely by initiative of the intervenients themselves) in the national and international media.
http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Lace

Has it ever occurred to you, that people looking at the events and what the mccanns did, for example in setting up a fund so quickly, not bothering to search, etc., etc., raised more than just suspicions of what really happened in Portugal ?

I am very aware that there are people who prefer to believe lies and myths circulating on the internet rather than reading the Police files Stephen.

stephen25000

I am very aware that there are people who prefer to believe lies and myths circulating on the internet rather than reading the Police files Stephen.

Such is the 'abduction' claim.

Totally unproven and without a shred of evidence to support it.

As to leaks on the internet, the mccanns, Mitchell and  others have been doing that as well.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:48:03 AM by Angelo222 »

Offline Lace

Such is the 'abduction' claim.

Totally unproven and without a shred of evidence to support it.

As to leaks on the internet, the mccanns, Mitchell and  others have been doing that as well.

There doesn't have to be proof of an abduction,  just enough time for it to have taken place.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:49:16 AM by Angelo222 »

stephen25000

There doesn't have to be proof of an abduction,  just enough time for it to have taken place.

That applies to accidental death.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:50:19 AM by Angelo222 »

Offline Carana

I'll post it again then;

Nonetheless, it is understood, in the decision under appeal, that because the 1st appellant, Gonçalo Amaral, was, until October 2, 2007, the coordinator of the criminal investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, he was, after his retirement on the 1st of July, 2008, subject to the duties of secrecy and reserve that are imposed to the employees that serve the Polícia Judiciária.

And, under such terms, although the introductory note in the book invokes personal reasons, in a situation of conflict with the rights to a good name and reputation of the subjects of the appeal, the appellant [Gonçalo Amaral] could not benefit, faced with the results of the investigation, of a broad and full freedom of expression – and thus his conduct would be unlawful, under article 484 of the Civil Code.

From what was above said about this matter, it is clearly understood that such argumentation cannot be sustained.......

it is hardly understandable that an employee, even more a retired one, would have to keep said duties of secrecy and reserve, thus being limited in the exercise of his right to an opinion, concerning the interpretation of facts that were already made public by the judiciary authority, and widely debated (in fact, largely by initiative of the intervenients themselves) in the national and international media.
http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks, I'd seen that. My understanding is that that concerns his apparent right to comment on a case that he was involved with once retired.

It doesn't seem to mention the issue of breaching judicial secrecy: the files hadn't been made public at the time of the publishing process and he signed his book contract back in March. Even seasoned authors would have an editor, let alone a first-time one. Who photoshopped the photos from the files? Who did the layout?

If that's considered just a minor illicit act, then ok. But it seems to have been glossed over...

Offline Angelo222

Members have already been warned of the consequences of posting goading or sniping comments. Please take note!!
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline G-Unit

Thanks, I'd seen that. My understanding is that that concerns his apparent right to comment on a case that he was involved with once retired.

It doesn't seem to mention the issue of breaching judicial secrecy: the files hadn't been made public at the time of the publishing process and he signed his book contract back in March. Even seasoned authors would have an editor, let alone a first-time one. Who photoshopped the photos from the files? Who did the layout?

If that's considered just a minor illicit act, then ok. But it seems to have been glossed over...

It does mention secrecy. What other kind of secrecy apart from the judicial kind do you think they were referring to?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Montclair

It seems some people, who used their real names on the GoFundMe page when making a donation, have been doorstepped by journalists.

stephen25000

It seems some people, who used their real names on the GoFundMe page when making a donation, have been doorstepped by journalists.

Doesn't that break the Data Protection Act ?