Author Topic: Is Luke Mitchell guilty - your views  (Read 210538 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: Is Luke Mitchell guilty - your views
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2018, 09:36:35 AM »
I don't think that hearings should be based upon my opinion at all.

Mainly the behaviour of the police, the quality of the investigation and the fact that Luke was all but declared guilty by the press well before his trial.

Can you be specific. What "behaviour" are you referring to? The same applies re "the quality of the investigation."

Maybe you should read up on Luke Mitchell's appeal judgements. He wasn't found guilty by the press or public he was found guilty by a jury.
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2018, 09:40:25 AM »
Will you now answer my question about your applauding emoji?

This forum isn't about me and this thread is about Luke Mitchell! No idea what your apparent personal issues are with me but if you do have something you need to get off your chest, PM me
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Baz

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2018, 09:47:09 AM »
This forum isn't about me and this thread is about Luke Mitchell! No idea what your apparent personal issues are with me but if you do have something you need to get off your chest, PM me

Nope, no issues with you or anything to get off my chest. I won't ask again for you to explain the response as you're obviously unwilling/unable to. I just wanted to understand it.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2018, 09:49:16 AM »
He's served 15 years of a 20 year sentence and claims "he'd rather stay in jail than admit his guilt" https://www.scotsman.com/news/luke-mitchell-i-would-rather-stay-in-jail-than-admit-my-guilt-for-murder-of-jodi-jones-1-4800732

Who thinks he'll be released in 5 years time? I don't! He knows he has nothing to lose by maintaining innocence, like Jeremy Bamber, and most probably knows it's unlikely the authorities will release him after 20years.

"1] On 21 January 2005 the appellant was after trial convicted of murder. On 11 February 2005 he was sentenced to detention without limit of time, a punishment part of twenty years being specified by the trial judge http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=b57d86a6-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7

"[19] The appellant, being then 19 years of age, was sentenced to be detained for life with a punishment part of 15 years. On an appeal by the Crown, this court likened the case to the medieval horrors of execution by burning and said that it was difficult to envisage more cruel or sadistic treatment of another human being. The court remarked that such cold-blooded conduct could only strike horror into the minds of right-minded members of the community. The court considered that the appellant's offending was not mitigated by his age. It substituted a punishment part of 20 years.
http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=26ab8aa6-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 09:58:47 AM by Stephanie »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2018, 10:07:34 AM »
Mainly the behaviour of the police, the quality of the investigation and the fact that Luke was all but declared guilty by the press well before his trial.

"Mitchell, who killed his girlfriend in June 2003 when they were both just 14-years-old, is now 30.

The violent murder took place in Dalkeith.

Speaking in an interview with The Herald, he said: “When the jury visited the crime scene, I was told ‘stay flat and don’t react’- which probably didn’t help in their eyes.”

When he was convicted, Mitchell claims an order was given by the judge, to not show emotion upon the verdict: “I was in shock. The only reason I didn’t fall over was because I was gripping onto the railing in the dock so tightly.

“The public perception is that there is concrete evidence. There is this block in people’s brains. I want them to see that there’s no forensic evidence - nothing.

“Well, there is forensic evidence - just not linked to me. *I thought the jury would see through it because there was no DNA evidence that related to me
Mitchell, who killed his girlfriend in June 2003 when they were both just 14-years-old, is now 30 https://www.scotsman.com/news/luke-mitchell-i-would-rather-stay-in-jail-than-admit-my-guilt-for-murder-of-jodi-jones-1-4800732

There is a wealth of circumstantial evidence in this case. Luke Mitchells behaviour and pathology cemented his guilt.

*What Mitchell alludes to is that he thought because he was forensically aware and the police did not find his DNA he would get away with murder.

"There is this block in people’s brains. I want them to see that there’s no forensic evidence - nothing." What "block in people's brains?" I find this statement arrogant and telling of his devious and deceptive nature.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:30:02 AM by Stephanie »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2018, 10:51:20 AM »
'He hopes to take the police force to court upon his release.

He said: “I never did trust the police before. I was always wary. I didn’t think that they’d do what they did to a child. I quickly realised that it didn’t matter what I said. I was in shock at the time.

"They strip searched me and put all my clothes in a bag. Then one turns to the other and says, “wait, shouldn’t we be wearing gloves?” So, they took my clothes out the bag, then put gloves on, and then put them back into the bag.

"At the start they tried to be nicey-nicey, but then they began to push harder. They did a good cop, bad cop routine.  (& I was looking at the social worker to intervene. One was slamming his fists on the table then storming out, and the other would ask If I wanted a drink. I was like, “what are you doing?

"The court system and the police, they’re not separate bodies, they’re all part of the state. The justice system isn’t there to protect you, it’s to get the conviction.

"The public don’t have to think about these things. They don’t want to believe that the system they put their faith in is flawed. They would rather feel safe than be safe.”

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/news/luke-mitchell-i-would-rather-stay-in-jail-than-admit-my-guilt-for-murder-of-jodi-jones-1-4800732

IMO someonee needs to inform Luke Mitchell and his "campaign team" that the public don't fall for this type of transparent, manipulative BS anymore.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:55:59 AM by Stephanie »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2018, 11:04:19 AM »
"[19] The appellant, being then 19 years of age, was sentenced to be detained for life with a punishment part of 15 years. On an appeal by the Crown, this court likened the case to the medieval horrors of execution by burning and said that it was difficult to envisage more cruel or sadistic treatment of another human being. The court remarked that such cold-blooded conduct could only strike horror into the minds of right-minded members of the community. The court considered that the appellant's offending was not mitigated by his age. It substituted a punishment part of 20 years.
http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=26ab8aa6-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7

Jodi's uncle Kevin Walker issued a statement on behalf of his sister Judy - Jodi's mother - and the rest of the family after the case.

He said: "Whatever sentence is passed will not be enough to reform the evil that has spawned this case.https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1481694/Luke-Mitchell-guilty-of-Jodi-murder.html

Offline Baz

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2018, 11:11:13 AM »
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16881797.luke-mitchell-interview-forensic-scientist-professor-alan-jamieson/#comments-anchor

It will certainly be interesting to see what conclusions Professor Allan Jamieson comes to with regard to the forensic evidence gathered.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2018, 11:38:54 AM »
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16881797.luke-mitchell-interview-forensic-scientist-professor-alan-jamieson/#comments-anchor

It will certainly be interesting to see what conclusions Professor Allan Jamieson comes to with regard to the forensic evidence gathered.

Professor Alan Jameison once supported Simon Hall's false claims of innocence.

"To Campbell Malone, Michael Naughton, Gabe, Made, Jo, Amanda, Jess, Keir Starmer, Peter Bull, Allan Jamieson, Cathy & Josie, Innocent & MOJO, John Hatton, thank you for all your hard work and faith in me,
Last but not least, thank you to all the people out there for your support!
Simon,
http://www.bushywood.com/BBC_Rough_Justice.htm

« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 12:31:19 PM by Stephanie »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2018, 03:19:13 PM »
'He hopes to take the police force to court upon his release.

He said: “I never did trust the police before. I was always wary. I didn’t think that they’d do what they did to a child. I quickly realised that it didn’t matter what I said. I was in shock at the time.

"They strip searched me and put all my clothes in a bag. Then one turns to the other and says, “wait, shouldn’t we be wearing gloves?” So, they took my clothes out the bag, then put gloves on, and then put them back into the bag.

"At the start they tried to be nicey-nicey, but then they began to push harder. They did a good cop, bad cop routine.  (& I was looking at the social worker to intervene. One was slamming his fists on the table then storming out, and the other would ask If I wanted a drink. I was like, “what are you doing?

"The court system and the police, they’re not separate bodies, they’re all part of the state. The justice system isn’t there to protect you, it’s to get the conviction.

"The public don’t have to think about these things. They don’t want to believe that the system they put their faith in is flawed. They would rather feel safe than be safe.”

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/news/luke-mitchell-i-would-rather-stay-in-jail-than-admit-my-guilt-for-murder-of-jodi-jones-1-4800732

IMO someonee needs to inform Luke Mitchell and his "campaign team" that the public don't fall for this type of transparent, manipulative BS anymore.

"The young girl's laughing eyes stare from the police posters stuck up in the windows of almost every shop and office in Dalkeith.

But so far the appeal for information has yielded few clues. Seventy-five days have passed since Jodi Jones, 14, was found dead in undergrowth five minutes from her home. Despite interviewing more than 3,000 people, Lothian and Borders police have yet to find the murder weapon or make an arrest. In the meantime the former mining community and its outlying villages have been transformed by the fear that the killer is still at large.

Parks and playgrounds that normally ring with the sound of children's voices are hushed and empty. Outside school gates the roads are packed each evening with parents picking up their children - most of whom would have happily walked home before Jodi's murder. Taxi services and video shops report booming trade as youngsters are forbidden to leave their homes at night.

At the centre of this web of fear and suspicion is Luke Mitchell, 15, the boyfriend Jodi was supposed to be meeting on the evening she died.

He is the only person to have been formally questioned over the murder. His treatment - he was handcuffed and taken to a police station - prompted a letter of complaint from his family. More than 20 bags of material have been taken for examination from his parents' house and garden.

In what has become a highly public spat, Jodi's mother, when she heard of Luke's visit, went to the grave, removed his flowers and returned them to his doorstep.

With questionable timing, the boy chose the day of Jodi's funeral to give a television interview protesting his innocence, which enraged her family. Police are said to be interested in comments he made during the broadcast suggesting that he and Jodi "never had one argument".

As speculation continues in the community, Luke,, who has complained of media harassment, has demanded a move to another school after teachers at St David's RC High School, which Jodi also attended, were ordered to isolate him from other pupils for his own safety. On Monday, he stormed out after being told of the school's intention to segregate him.

Nigel Beaumont, the Mitchell family's solicitor, said: "Luke was told by the school he would be kept on his own and given work to do on his own. This was unacceptable to him and his parents. There is no reason to exclude someone from normal teaching."

Reminders of Jodi's killing are everywhere. Little more than 200 yards from the school a shrine of heartfelt messages and poems adorns a lamppost at the entrance to the woodland short cut that the girl took to her death on June 30. More than two dozen bunches of fresh flowers lie with trinkets by the side of the path, now little used and rapidly overgrowing.

The main theory, but not to the only possibility, is that Jodi knew her killer and that there may have been a falling out between them. The path besides which Jodi was found is not marked on any map and is only really known by people living in the area.

One mother, who declined to give her name, described her fears. "Until the police find who killed Jodi there's no way I could let my daughter walk home from school on her own again," she said.

Her view is one that seems to be widely held in Dalkeith. Les Fraser, owner of a taxi firm, said: "People are scared - I've even had one nightshift driver change his shift because his wife was too scared to be be left at home alone. It's just a nightmare that won't go away. Everyone has an idea who it is but the police still haven't managed to do anything about it yet." https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/suspicion-and-fear-hang-over-the-town-that-needs-to-find-girls-killer-86744.html
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 03:26:54 PM by Stephanie »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2018, 04:26:25 PM »

Luke Mitchell recently stated:

“I never did trust the police before. I was always wary. I didn’t think that they’d do what they did to a child. I quickly realised that it didn’t matter what I said. I was in shock at the time.

Chilling..  *&^^&

"The tactic of blaming has sometimes been called projecting the blame. The term projection stems from psychodynamic psychology and refers to one of the automatic mental behaviors conceptualized by traditional theorists as ego defense mechanisms. The rationale behind that notion is that sometimes individuals unconsciously “project” onto others motivations, intentions, or actions that they actually harbor themselves but which they would feel far too unnerved or guilty about to acknowledge as their own.

Offline Baz

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2018, 05:12:11 PM »
https://www.scotsman.com/news/luke-mitchell-i-would-rather-stay-in-jail-than-admit-my-guilt-for-murder-of-jodi-jones-1-4800732

Blimey, to think they behaved like that to a kid of his age. No wonder he's got such negative views of the police and the justice system in general. I wonder why he was the only one of the search party taken in that night, especially when they all originally corroborated his version of the dog leading him to Jodi's body.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2018, 06:22:02 PM »
https://www.scotsman.com/news/luke-mitchell-i-would-rather-stay-in-jail-than-admit-my-guilt-for-murder-of-jodi-jones-1-4800732

Blimey, to think they behaved like that to a kid of his age. No wonder he's got such negative views of the police and the justice system in general. I wonder why he was the only one of the search party taken in that night, especially when they all originally corroborated his version of the dog leading him to Jodi's body.

Behaved like what? And do you mean the police?

If so, Luke Mitchell does not sound like your average 14 year old kid.

He was a drug dealer for starters. Do you think his negative views of the police may have come from this fact? Or maybe something else; for example if his parents had negative dealings or views of them? Were his negative views based on what the police stood for maybe? Everything Luke Mitchell wasn't possibly?

Excerpt taken from Sandra Lean's 2008 edition of No Smoke, page 103
"Mr Dobbies suspicions of Luke also seems based more on Luke's personality than on any evidence. Regarding the questioning of July 4th, Mr Dobbie says,

".. all he did was make me more,suspicious. In the interview he was confident and very controlling. He displayed a high level of intelligence."

and in questioning of August 14th, he says,

".. He was challenging. He was totally in control of himself and challenged the abilities of the police. It was like taunts. He had the mental ability to sit and take control of the interview, and that's incredible from someone who,has not previously been part of the criminal process..."
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 06:29:59 PM by Stephanie »

jixy

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2018, 08:58:19 AM »
Agreed. I don't know who the rest of the team is made up of but I've always been impressed by Sandra Lean's dedication and how she conducts herself so it's nice to see something happening.

I've never been able to fully decide on guilt or innocence when it come's to Luke's case but I don't think the circumstances of his incarceration were fair and so he deserves a hearing, in my opinion.

Good one Baz. There is more to people than what you could read on a forum or the media in general. I think it is very telling what people do behind the scenes when no one is watching, no one knows. That is the mark of a person.  Sandra is a very genuine lady who has helped people even when in the end they never deserved her time. She isnt bitter, doesnt reply with hate or a hidden agenda. She just keeps on keeping on. Not for herself but to help others.

I agree, he deserves his chance and hopefully that is what he will get!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 10:05:21 AM by jixy »

Offline Baz

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2018, 04:20:59 PM »
Good one Baz. There is more to people that what you could read on a forum or the media in general. I think it is very telling what people do behind the scenes when no one is watching, no one knows. That is the mark of a person.  Sandra is a very genuine lady who has helped people even when in the end they never deserved her time. She isnt bitter, doesnt reply with hate or a hidden agenda. She just keeps on keeping on. Not for herself but to help others.

I agree, he deserves his chance and hopefully that is what he will get!

I agree with all of this. I don't know Sandra Lean in person but when I was a bit obsessed with the Luke Mitchell case I spoke at length with her (and others) on the Blue forum and she was always willing to provide answers where she could and even going away to look in her own notes etc to find answers to things. She couldn't have been more helpful. I'm not sure where all the negativity towards her comes from but she never seemed to engage with it or rise to it. For every "Sandra Lean has no shame" type thread that is started I hope she sees a posting like this expressing admiration.