Author Topic: Has Scotland Yard dodged a bullet in the Maddie case?  (Read 37316 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Has Scotland Yard dodged a bullet in the Maddie case?
« Reply #180 on: October 12, 2018, 12:05:23 AM »
What has a JIT got to do with anything. Davel was asked a question which for some unknown reason 2 “senior” moderators feel they have to protect him from. Again it is a simple yes/no question.

What JIT is?

A joint investigation team is an international cooperation tool based on an agreement between competent authorities – both judicial (judges, prosecutors, investigative judges…) and law enforcement – of two or more States, established for a limited duration and for a specific purpose, to carry out criminal investigations in one or more of the involved States.
https://www.europol.europa.eu/activities-services/joint-investigation-teams

In my opinion had a JIT been in operation when Scotland Yard opened a case on Madeleine and the Judicial Police revisited theirs a lot of time and effort could well have been saved with two teams working differently but together.

I think it could only have been beneficial for the investigation and ultimately for Madeleine ... surprised only that you felt it necessary to ask the question.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #181 on: October 12, 2018, 06:57:01 AM »
If the Met ever have to answer questions about this case I don't think they'll get away with blaming the lack if a JIT or the fact that they couldn't investigate in Portugal for their lack of results.

They knew (or certainly should have known) that the case wasn't theirs, that they were unlikely to get a JIT, and that they weren't allowed to investigate in Portugal before they embarked on the exercise.

Given those restrictions they will need to explain why they believed that they would be able to overcome them and solve the case.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Sunny

« Reply #182 on: October 12, 2018, 07:04:11 AM »
If the Met ever have to answer questions about this case I don't think they'll get away with blaming the lack if a JIT or the fact that they couldn't investigate in Portugal for their lack of results.

They knew (or certainly should have known) that the case wasn't theirs, that they were unlikely to get a JIT, and that they weren't allowed to investigate in Portugal before they embarked on the exercise.

Given those restrictions they will need to explain why they believed that they would be able to overcome them and solve the case.

Also they have been able to make people suspects and question them on Portuguese soil as well as search in Praia Da Luz.

IMO they have had the assistance they need to do their work but their main hindrance was not the Portuguese, if indeed there was any, it was their reliance on the existing files without further questioning of those closest to the case.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #183 on: October 12, 2018, 07:41:29 AM »

I doubt they will publically blame the portuguese....but I think many realise taht is the true state of affairs

Offline xtina

« Reply #184 on: October 12, 2018, 08:03:00 AM »
Also they have been able to make people suspects and question them on Portuguese soil as well as search in Praia Da Luz.

IMO they have had the assistance they need to do their work but their main hindrance was not the Portuguese, if indeed there was any, it was their reliance on the existing files without further questioning of those closest to the case.

it was their reliance on the existing files without further questioning of those closest to the case.

This is where it was doomed to fail ...there only objective to prove the mccs innocent...

an impossible task in my opinion...

although this has been said before about Sutton....IMO even the Portuguese think SY a joke....

Speaking to Martin Brunt on Sky News, he said he was warned he would be tasked with proving her parents Kate and Gerry were innocent and ignoring any alternatives theories

some of what the money was spent on....and a bit of bullying to confess it seems....

r Anjos, who accused Gerry and Kate McCann of hampering the abduction investigation in 2007, said: 'This burglary theory is absurd. Not even a wallet disappeared, nothing else disappeared. A child disappeared.'

Carlos Anjos, who accused Gerry and Kate McCann of hampering the abduction investigation in 2007, said: 'This burglary theory is absurd.

It came as the four men questioned over her disappearance in 2014 and still living in Praia Da Luz were told last week they have no case to answer.

One of them,  Paulo Ribeiro, told the BBC's Panorama: 'I thought it was incredible. I knew of nothing when the police arrived at my door with a piece of paper that had a drawing on it, saying it bore a likeness to me and that someone had said I was involved and that I looked like the person who had kidnapped Maddie. I don't know who that person was.'

There are not believed to be any others with 'arguido' status - the Portuguese term for a formal suspect in a crime.

Pedro do Carma, deputy director of the Policia Judiciaria, told Panorama these men should not have been made suspects.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4468750/11m-probe-Madeleine-McCann-s-disappearance-slammed.html
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #185 on: October 12, 2018, 08:16:17 AM »
I doubt they will publically blame the portuguese....but I think many realise taht is the true state of affairs

I'm absolutely sure they won't blame the Portuguese because the Portuguese aren't to blame. The only people who think blaming the Portuguese is feasible are those who are unable to admit that the Met got it wrong.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #186 on: October 12, 2018, 08:17:21 AM »
I'm absolutely sure they won't blame the Portuguese because the Portuguese aren't to blame. The only people who think blaming the Portuguese is feasible are those who are unable to admit that the Met got it wrong.

All your opinion... Nothing more

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #187 on: October 12, 2018, 08:22:30 AM »

Is there any proof that anyone warned Colin Sutton?

Offline jassi

« Reply #188 on: October 12, 2018, 08:37:47 AM »
Is there any proof that anyone warned Colin Sutton?

What sort of proof would you like.or to put it another way, what sort of proof would you accept?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #189 on: October 12, 2018, 08:39:05 AM »
What sort of proof would you like?

Who was it that warned him, please.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #190 on: October 12, 2018, 08:49:13 AM »

What did the MET get wrong

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #191 on: October 12, 2018, 08:55:34 AM »
All your opinion... Nothing more

Well, we seem to agree that the Met won't publicly try to lay the blame for their failures on the Portuguese. We differ in that you seem to think the Portuguese failed to cooperate as fully as they could have. Do you have evidence to support your suspicions or is it just another smear attempt?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #192 on: October 12, 2018, 08:58:15 AM »
Well, we seem to agree that the Met won't publicly try to lay the blame for their failures on the Portuguese. We differ in that you seem to think the Portuguese failed to cooperate as fully as they could have. Do you have evidence to support your suspicions or is it just another smear attempt?
The very fact that SY wanted  JIT... And didn't get one

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #193 on: October 12, 2018, 09:11:24 AM »
What did the MET get wrong

Getting involved.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #194 on: October 12, 2018, 09:50:08 AM »
Getting involved.

So that's all... Again simply your opinion..
They were, asked to bring their expertise... IMO they weren't allowed to use it..