Author Topic: John Lamberton - The background to Johns illegal arrest in Spain  (Read 7868 times)

Offline Admin

John Lamberton - The background to Johns illegal arrest in Spain
« on: September 28, 2012, 09:11:39 AM »
On 5 August 2003, International Estate Agent John Lamberton was arrested in his office near Alicante, Spain, by three plain-clothed Spanish National Police Officers.  He was arrested and detained on the basis of an International Arrest Warrant which had been issued by the Scottish Police some 5 months earlier.  It has now been discovered that this arrest warrant issued by Lothian and Borders Police on behalf of the Scottish Crown Office was in fact incompetent and illegal.

John Lamberton was completely unaware of the proceedings being raised against him by the Scottish Crown Office and the Scottish Justice Department in Edinburgh.  Nobody bothered to tell him!  Police were never tasked with investigating any aspect of the allegations but were ultimately used to secure his arrest abroad.  The police were effectively lied to by the Inland Revenue and the Crown Office as to John's status.

Inland Revenue investigators led by Stephen James Henderson acquired John's contact details but conveniently failed to pursue them choosing instead to invent a malicious allegation to the effect that John was an absconder abroad and effectively a fugitive. The Scottish Prosecutor and Procurator Fiscal Depute, Mrs Joan Guy, responsible for bringing the case against John Lamberton was later to inadvertently reveal in front of witnesses that she had raised the case, "as a favour to the Inland Revenue".  Henderson aided and abetted by Guy had taken advantage of John's absence from the United Kingdom to instigate the malicious charges against him.  The Scottish Crown Office thereafter manufactured an allegation of embezzlement in order to give support to the Inland Revenue's lesser allegation.   

It has now been established that the case against John was driven by the need to set legal precedent with respect to Inheritance Tax.  The decision to bring the prosecution was made at the highest level within the Inland Revenue in England as revealed by the minutes from a House of Commons Committee of Public Accounts Report dated 12 July 2005.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 08:40:40 PM by Admin »

Offline Admin

Re: John Lamberton - The background to Johns illegal arrest in Spain
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 10:03:54 AM »
reserved

Offline John

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 03:42:46 PM »
On 5 August 2003, International Estate Agent John Lamberton was arrested in his office near Alicante, Spain, by three plain-clothed Spanish National Police Officers.  He was arrested and detained on the basis of an International Arrest Warrant which had been issued by the Scottish Police some 5 months earlier.  It has now been discovered that this arrest warrant issued by Lothian and Borders Police on behalf of the Scottish Crown Office was in fact incompetent and illegal.

John Lamberton was completely unaware of the proceedings being raised against him by the Scottish Crown Office and the Scottish Justice Department in Edinburgh.  Nobody bothered to tell him!  Police were never tasked with investigating any aspect of the allegations but were ultimately used to secure his arrest abroad.  The police were effectively lied to by the Inland Revenue and the Crown Office as to John's status.

Inland Revenue investigators led by Stephen James Henderson acquired John's contact details but conveniently failed to pursue them choosing instead to invent a malicious allegation to the effect that John was an absconder abroad and effectively a fugitive. The Scottish Prosecutor and Procurator Fiscal Depute, Mrs Joan Guy, responsible for bringing the case against John Lamberton was later to inadvertently reveal in front of witnesses that she had raised the case, "as a favour to the Inland Revenue".  Henderson aided and abetted by Guy had taken advantage of John's absence from the United Kingdom to instigate the malicious charges against him.  The Scottish Crown Office thereafter manufactured an allegation of embezzlement in order to give support to the Inland Revenue's lesser allegation.   

It has now been established that the case against John was driven by the need to set legal precedent with respect to Inheritance Tax.  The decision to bring the prosecution was made at the highest level within the Inland Revenue in England as revealed by the minutes from a House of Commons Committee of Public Accounts Report dated 12 July 2005.

Thanks admin for starting this off after all the distractions.

Can I clarify a couple of points before we go too far.  Firstly I wasn't arrested in my office.  When the three guys walked into my office I was alone as the staff were on holiday it being August.  The first thing which went through my head was if this was a robbery as having three well dressed Spanish suited gents in the office at the same time was unusual. One of them spoke to me in English and showed me his personal I'd card.  He asked me for I'd such as a passport which I just so happened to have in the office.  He said that I had to go with him to the nearby main town (Denia) to sort oput something.  He didn't explain what but I wasn't going to argue with three of them.  I was alone and had viewings that afternoon so I asked how long would this take so that I would know whether to shut down the computers and switch off the lights.  He indicated that it would not take long so I left everything on and locked the door behind me.

Little did I know then that I would never see my office as it was ever again and that it would be over 4 years before I would be back in my Spanish village again.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 02:43:50 PM »
Are there no laws or protocols about such things and the way the Scots went about doing what they did John?  I mean I cannot believe that they can issue an arrest warrant against somebody without even trying to speak to them first.  What sort of a mickey mouse outfit is in charge in Scotland.  I still believe there are human rights laws which must have been broken here.  Can Frank give us any heads up on this??
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline John

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 07:59:48 PM »
Are there no laws or protocols about such things and the way the Scots went about doing what they did John?  I mean I cannot believe that they can issue an arrest warrant against somebody without even trying to speak to them first.  What sort of a mickey mouse outfit is in charge in Scotland.  I still believe there are human rights laws which must have been broken here.  Can Frank give us any heads up on this??

Yes there are laws and protocols relating to these events but the Scottish authorities rode rough shod over them. There are rules governing provisional arrest abroad and the issuing of an International Arrest Warrant.  I am currently attempting to have these issues brought before the Supreme Court in London given the seriousness of what went on.  I must add that this is only the tip of the iceberg though as the documents provided by the Scottish Justice Department to the Spanish Government were illegal.  I will go into this in greater depth on another thread shortly.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 10:08:14 AM »
The Scottish Crown Office have lied and provided false information to the High Court on many occasions in this case.  It is obvious that High Court Judges are reluctant to accept that their precious Crown Office could ever do such a thing. The evidence is that they do so what does that tell us about the Scottish justice system?

They are also on record denying that the extradition was properly undertaken when we now know it wasn't, they are basically attempting to cover their own asses.  As an example of this, senior High Court Judge Lord Hardie has already severely criticised the Crown Office in the way they conducted the extradition and warned them that the circumstances should not be repeated. He refused to bring any sanctions against the incompetent Crown Office however and refused to uphold a Defence motion that the extradition should be declared illegal.  This is what passes for Scottish justice!

Offline devils advocate

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 03:48:36 PM »
The Scottish Crown Office have lied and provided false information to the High Court on many occasions in this case.  It is obvious that High Court Judges are reluctant to accept that their precious Crown Office could ever do such a thing. The evidence is that they do so what does that tell us about the Scottish justice system?

They are also on record denying that the extradition was properly undertaken when we now know it wasn't, they are basically attempting to cover their own asses.  As an example of this, senior High Court Judge Lord Hardie has already severely criticised the Crown Office in the way they conducted the extradition and warned them that the circumstances should not be repeated. He refused to bring any sanctions against the incompetent Crown Office however and refused to uphold a Defence motion that the extradition should be declared illegal.  This is what passes for Scottish justice!

I see that you have reinstated your own case John; very glad to see it and about time too if you don't mind me saying.         Can I ask you to be specific as to the lies and false information which was given to the High Court relatiung to your arrest and extradition.  I believe that it is essential that you make this information public and name those who were responsible if that is possible?   >@@(*&)

Offline John

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 02:56:34 AM »

I see that you have reinstated your own case John; very glad to see it and about time too if you don't mind me saying.         Can I ask you to be specific as to the lies and false information which was given to the High Court relatiung to your arrest and extradition.  I believe that it is essential that you make this information public and name those who were responsible if that is possible?   >@@(*&)

Sorry DA, I didn't see your last post.

I intend to publicise the falsehoods and malicious lies which were manufactured in my case including those provided by Crown Counsel to the Supreme Court in Edinburgh.  I also intend to name those individuals who promoted these slanders against me.

Advocate deputes and procurator fiscal deputes should not be immune from prosecution where they stand up in a court of law and knowingly give false information in order to further their own arguments.  Criminal conduct does not stop at the doors of the Crown Office regardless of their age old immunity.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 03:13:16 AM by John »

Offline Luz

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 05:07:31 PM »
It's interesting that whenever the incidents occur in other countries there is always something wrong with the authorities of those places,

Offline John

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 06:03:42 PM »
It's interesting that whenever the incidents occur in other countries there is always something wrong with the authorities of those places,

It is my experience Luz that the human rights of people in Portugal, Italy and Spain are greatly diminished compared to places such as the UK, Germany or even France.  Why is it that the further south you go the less chance you have of getting justice?