Author Topic: UK votes for #BrExit from the EU. 52% Leave - 48% Stay.  (Read 125722 times)

Offline scipio_usmc

Re: UK votes for #BrExit from the EU. 52% Leave - 48% Stay.
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2016, 03:23:06 PM »
This changes everything as far as Scotland is concerned imo.

They liked the safety of being part of the UK that was * in *, rather than a rather insignificant little island with little power.

I agree NI is a rather different kettle of fish and might flounder rather on its own.

The UK has more political power independent than in the EU. It's military power is of course unchanged because that was always a NATO issue not EU.  While Obama is a giant crybaby who insists on getting his way or lashing out (he said if the UK leaves he will put the UK at the back of every line including economic, Trump said the UK deserves our full support as a reliable ally and fortunately Obama will be gone as Brexit is implimented

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/britons-taken-back-control-country-091013111.html
“...there are three classes of intellects: one which comprehends by itself; another which appreciates what others comprehend; and a third which neither comprehends by itself nor by the showing of others; the first is the most excellent, the second is good, the third is useless.”  Niccolò Machiavelli

stephen25000

« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2016, 03:42:48 PM »
The UK has more political power independent than in the EU. It's military power is of course unchanged because that was always a NATO issue not EU.  While Obama is a giant crybaby who insists on getting his way or lashing out (he said if the UK leaves he will put the UK at the back of every line including economic, Trump said the UK deserves our full support as a reliable ally and fortunately Obama will be gone as Brexit is implimented

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/britons-taken-back-control-country-091013111.html

What political power would that be ?

After last night some countries could simply say to us Foxtrot Alpha.

Our armed forces are depleted and a high proportion of soldiers are part time.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2016, 03:50:13 PM »
G' Morning Little Britain

? Soon to become little England as Scotland and maybe N Ireland leave us ?

I hope that I am wrong

Neither Scotland nor N Ireland are leaving but maybe we should kick the nationalists out?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2016, 03:53:13 PM »

They liked the safety of being part of the UK that was * in *, rather than a rather insignificant little island with little power.

I agree NI is a rather different kettle of fish and might flounder rather on its own.

I think you underestimate the power and influence of the UK. We have always 'punched above our weight' and we have strong historic links and influence worldwide. We are members of the Commonwealth with 53 other nations and of NATO with 27 other nations.

The future as I saw it was heading towards a United States of Europe, which would have meant we could have been similar to a US state in the end.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2016, 03:54:42 PM »

Have you forgotten Alex Salmond's big plans for independence which would have seen Scotland needing a bailout had they achieved Indy?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2016, 03:57:27 PM »

Obama is a toothless clown imo.  Just watch as US citizens empowered by us Brits vote in Trump, that will really shake the world up.  @)(++(*

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline sadie

« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2016, 04:00:20 PM »
Obama is a toothless clown imo.  Just watch as US citizens empowered by us Brits vote in Trump, that will really shake the world up.  @)(++(*
My gawd, it wont half.

If Trump gets in the US will likely crumble too.  What a clown!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2016, 04:00:39 PM »
Next time anyone goes to a garage to buy a European made car don't forget to negotiate the price down. No longer will we have to buy their goods at their prices. 8((()*/

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2016, 04:03:21 PM »
My gawd, it wont half.

But they will have a 20 foot high wall to keep economic migrants out.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline sadie

« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2016, 04:11:10 PM »
Next time anyone goes to a garage to buy a European made car don't forget to negotiate the price down. No longer will we have to buy their goods at their prices. 8((()*/
We always have negotiated prices down - considerably

And ordered cars in Holland to import

Nothing new there Angelo.

Offline sadie

« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2016, 04:15:12 PM »
The British pound is down almost 10% against the US dollar, interesting times.  8@??)(

Interesting to see that you are applauding the fact that we Brits are now poorer by almost 10%

What ever happened to you to make you so bitter against The Brits ?

Offline scipio_usmc

« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2016, 04:39:51 PM »
Interesting to see that you are applauding the fact that we Brits are now poorer by almost 10%

How are you more poor? At worst it makes imports or foreign vacations more expensive to you which is just more incentive not to buy imports or vacation abroad.  In any event this is bound to be short lived and reverse once sanity is restored.

“...there are three classes of intellects: one which comprehends by itself; another which appreciates what others comprehend; and a third which neither comprehends by itself nor by the showing of others; the first is the most excellent, the second is good, the third is useless.”  Niccolò Machiavelli

Offline John

« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2016, 04:57:41 PM »

I suspect Angelo knows it is only a temporary correction brought about by greedy currency traders.  In time we will make it all back and then some.

Sorry scipio, I hadn't read your response to Sadie.  It's a real pity that the London elite will have to pay more to cross the Atlantic, my heart bleeds for them....NOT!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 05:01:07 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline scipio_usmc

« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2016, 05:05:23 PM »
My gawd, it wont half.

Trump is the only chance of any improvement Clinton will be as bad as Obama or even worse. Furthermore the integrity of the federal courts will be completely gone.  We already have 4 liberal loons on the Supreme Court who have no use for the Constitution whatsoever and simply pretend any portions they don't personally like are nonexistent. She will install several more such justices and the US will be governed by the judges instead of elected officials.  Our democracy will be gone. 

Conservative judicial philosophy = courts deciding cases based on law enacted through the Constitutional process

Liberal judicial philosophy = deciding cases based on what they believe would be the best outcome for the liberal political agenda. 

So for instance since the political liberal agenda is against guns they believe the courts should rule that the 2nd Amendment doesn't exist even though it is in black and white. They believe they have the right to make up anything they feel like- hence making up that the US Constitution contains a right to same gender marriage and abortion though it clearly doesn't.

They believe they have the right to amend the Constitution at will while conservatives believe the Constitution must be amended by passing an Amendment through the Amendment process specified in the Constitution. 

Basically you have Democrats unable to get their preferred policies enacted through the political process because they lack the political power to do it.  They pack the courts with liberals who illicitly enact such policies through the courts instead. The lower courts are already full of such judges, they make decisions contrary to law daily suggesting they know better than the legislators who Constitutionally are tasked with creating such laws.

This amounts to clear abuses of power.  Under the Constitution these judges can and should be impeached.  But impeachment requires 2/3 of the Senate to vote for removal. The Democrats in the Senate refuse to remove such judges because they want them to abuse their power to advance the Democrat's agenda.  They intentionally want these corrupt judges installed for such purpose.

The judiciary is supposed to be an impartial apolitical branch but the Democrats have politicized it.  Our country can't withstand the hack appointments that Hillary Clinton will make to the judiciary and every level of government.   

Donald Trump is the only chance of saving us from ruin since no third party candidate stands any chance of being elected. The only third party candidates running are basically insane anyway.  We have one former Republican governor who is a pothead and some environmentalist freak neither of whom stand any chance of beating Hillary or Trump. So we are stuck with the choice of either Trump or a corrupt, lying, incompetent Democrat bent on turning the US into an Oligarchy controlled by far left judges.

Offline scipio_usmc

« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2016, 05:09:16 PM »
I suspect Angelo knows it is only a temporary correction brought about by greedy currency traders.  In time we will make it all back and then some.

Sorry scipio, I hadn't read your response to Sadie.  It's a real pity that the London elite will have to pay more to cross the Atlantic, my heart bleeds for them....NOT!

Don't forget the inverse- this makes it cheaper for someone overseas to vacation in the UK so has the potential to benefit the UK tourism market. I still think it will be short lived though.