Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 415162 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #870 on: June 19, 2014, 11:41:59 PM »
The devil is in the details!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #871 on: June 19, 2014, 11:42:27 PM »
The adults did not check if window was locked. Window & shutter were opened from outside without force.

What time did that happen?
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #872 on: June 19, 2014, 11:47:38 PM »
What time did that happen?
Before 10 and long before the actual physical disappearance from apartment
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 11:50:53 PM by pegasus »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #873 on: June 20, 2014, 12:29:29 AM »
I think the window was opened from inside. The reason was to either check for the accomplice or the way for the preparation of escape if something went wrong.

Pity the PJ never removed the blind opening rope for the DNA checkup.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #874 on: June 20, 2014, 12:35:25 AM »
...the blind opening rope ...
It was a strap, operated in this instance by reaching in from outside, see Heriberto's video.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #875 on: June 20, 2014, 12:37:03 AM »
It was a strap, operated in this instance by reaching in from outside, see Heriberto's video.

Yes, the strap. I called it a rope.
It seems amazing that the police never removed it. They had a child missing and the open window in that room.
Same goes for Madeleine's bedding.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #876 on: June 20, 2014, 12:45:31 AM »
Yes, the strap. I called it a rope.
It seems amazing that the police never removed it. They had a child missing and the open window in that room.
Same goes for Madeleine's bedding.
From outside with gloves pull up the shutter a little, then slide window open, then reach in to easily operate strap.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #877 on: June 20, 2014, 12:46:57 AM »
From outside with gloves pull up the shutter a little, then slide window open, then reach in to easily operate strap.

I don't think it was opened from outside.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #878 on: June 20, 2014, 12:53:07 AM »
I don't think it was opened from outside.
Same evidence as at 5G upstairs (window open, no forced entry) therefore same method.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 01:08:24 AM by John »

icabodcrane

« Reply #879 on: June 20, 2014, 01:28:09 AM »
Same evidence as at 5G upstairs (window open, no forced entry) therefore same method.

What are you talking about  ?

You think someone opened Mrs Fenn's  upstairs  window from the 'outside' 

...  brought a ladder with him that time did he  ? 

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #880 on: June 20, 2014, 01:36:07 AM »

This is not a proof.
There is no proof of whatsoever that this shutter was opened from outside, therefore no theory can be built on a firm base that the window was opened from outside and by an intruder.

I hope we would get to know more about this once the 8 people of interest were questioned.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #881 on: June 20, 2014, 02:00:58 AM »
...There is no proof of whatsoever that this shutter was opened from outside...
Do you have even a single example of unlawful opening of a window from inside?

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #882 on: June 20, 2014, 02:08:20 AM »
Do you have even a single example of unlawful opening of a window from inside?

And if I don't that would exclude the possibility that exactly this happened this time?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #883 on: June 20, 2014, 03:02:52 AM »
And if I don't that would exclude the possibility that exactly this happened this time?
I am not claiming it is proof. I am just observing that every year there are thousands of unlawful openings of windows from outside, and very few unlawful openings of windows from inside.

At least we both I hope agree on the following two important points:
1. KM is a truthful witness and did genuinely find the window open.
2. The window was opened unlawfully.

Offline Benice

« Reply #884 on: June 20, 2014, 08:55:55 AM »
There is no proof that the shutters were jemmied.

As to abduction...JS  evidence of that.

Exactly Stephen, and that is the whole point of my previous post.   If the McCanns did open the window/shutters as part of a plan to convince the police that intruders had broken in - then common sense alone dictates that they would have 'created' some evidence of that themselves.     They would both have to be as thick as two planks not to realise how important that was.  For instance - it wouldn't be difficult for them to put a few marks on the outside window cill or even the wall beneath it from inside the bedroom if necessary.     Also the one thing they would not do is leave any of their own fingerprints on the window.

But we are being asked to believe that they did nothing - and simply decided to open the window/shutters themselves and then claim they  had been forced open from the outside -  knowing full well that no evidence whatsoever of their claim would be found on inspection by the police.    Duh?

Why even bother with such a 'doomed' scheme involving the window/shutters at all - when all they had to do was claim that an intruder must have entered through the patio doors -  which would also strengthen their claim that they had been targetted and watched for several days beforehand and so the perpetrator would know they were leaving the patio doors unlocked.    Simples.   

IMO  Kate found the window/shutters open when she returned but it simply did not occur to her that they had been opened from the inside by the intruder(s).   And there is no credible reason why she should have thought any differently in those first moments after finding Madeleine gone.    Anyone would think the same.
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal