Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 415214 times)

Offline pegasus

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #1140 on: July 10, 2015, 01:24:11 AM »
@pathfinder the description of the crime scene  is all there and has never changed. Looking out the window is not a description of the crime scene. The crime scene description of the window is that it was open.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 01:29:33 AM by pegasus »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1141 on: July 10, 2015, 01:27:09 AM »
the curtains
Which changes did you find in description of curtains?

Offline mercury

« Reply #1142 on: July 10, 2015, 01:31:01 AM »
Which changes did you find in description of curtains?

read back

Offline misty

« Reply #1143 on: July 10, 2015, 01:40:06 AM »
There were 2 sets of curtains - the nets & the main curtains.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 01:50:54 AM by misty »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1144 on: July 10, 2015, 01:41:16 AM »
@pathfinder the description of the crime scene  is all there and has never changed. Looking out the window is not a description of the crime scene. The crime scene description of the window is that it was open.

That is a statement of what happened when the witness found her daughter gone. If the witness looked through the open window that should be the first thing that she did in her statement. The first thing she did was check on the twins and then checked the apartment according to her statement. Nothing about checking the car park for any sign of her.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pegasus

Offline mercury

« Reply #1146 on: July 10, 2015, 01:46:22 AM »
Which post?

Post 1139 my original reply which i amended for info

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1147 on: July 10, 2015, 12:08:49 PM »
Yes, I do. and the reason is clear. Kate wanted to show everyone they were loving  caring parents who were the victims of a horrible crime, ie their daughter was abducted via a window.  I am not saying that Maddie was not abducted, I don't know the answer to that, but I do not belive if she was, it wasn't via a window. Kate was trying to protect their reputaion as she knew she was going to have a bumpy ride regarding teling family they went out eating and drinking and left a door unlocked and the children alone, who were never physically checked for many hours..

WOW  Kate made a brilliant job of "protect their reputation" and the "bumpy ride regarding telling family they went out eating and drinking" (doubt their political influence didn't stretch to the tapas restaurant staff or the friends with whom they were dining) leaving "a door unlocked (why mention it at all to the police ... Oh ... those pesky friends again!) and the children alone" and who by the way were checked on such a regular basis that Mr Amaral and the PJ used it to deny the theory of abduction because there was no window of opportunity for one because of the regularity and timing of them. 

That is a really obvious misreporting of what facts we have.

I think it perfectly possible that the flat could be entered via the window ... but I don't think it was.  See what Heri has to say on it ...
http://espacioexterior.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/the-madeleine-mccann-abduction-janosch.html

... and see an instance of such an alleged kidnapping of a three year old girl which is reported from California when the intruder opened the window from the outside.

**snip
Thursday evening, a man dressed in a hoodie approached a three-year-old girl's waist-high bedroom window, and according to family members, told her to "come toward" him.

Then he allegedly removed the window's screen, snatched her out from the Newhall, CA, home, and attempted to flee the scene with her,
http://www.redbookmag.com/life/news/a19869/prevented-kidnapping-by-father-tackling-suspect/
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1148 on: July 10, 2015, 02:59:15 PM »

There are actually more internet reports about intruders taking children through open windows while not necesseraly entering the premises.

There is a pretty harrowing account from a police liaison officer about such an event which happened when a family were on a caravan holiday.

**snip
When I got home that day I felt like a washed-out lettuce. I'd used up every emotion I had and I just needed to sit down and talk about it, endlessly. I still treasure the card from the Lawrence family, thanking me for my support. It came with the biggest basket of flowers I've ever seen.

What happened at Bridport that summer showed me that however long I've been doing my job, I'm still a compassionate person. It was certainly a testing time, and I still think back to it when I hear news of an abduction. I feel for the families involved and the trauma they must be going through, especially those whose child never comes back. Not knowing the outcome is the hardest part of all.'

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/policewomen-on-the-emotional-front-line-1-gemma-lawrence-case-1460633.html
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1149 on: July 10, 2015, 03:28:03 PM »

Sorry for being repetitive but I am really amazed at the number of possible and the number of highly likely incidents of children being removed from their rooms by intruders.

I was of the opinion that if Madeleine had been taken in such a fashion it must have been a one off ... it seems that is not the case.

I won't bore by posting any more instances as anyone interested can do a search which will confirm that it happens.

**snip
Prosecutors have charged a Riverton man with kidnapping for the abduction of 9-year-old girl from her home early Saturday.
The defendant, David Waine Brock, 22, is in jail on a $250,000 cash bond. He was taken into custody at about 11:45 a.m. Tuesday on Mortimore Lane in Lander, where he was hiding in a storage unit.
Abduction
Brock is alleged to have taken the 9-year-old girl from her bedroom early Saturday in the 800 block of Cindy Circle.
In interviews, the girl said the sound of her window opening woke her. She said a man reached through her window and pulled her outside.
She said he clamped his hand over her mouth and said, "If you make any noise I will hurt you." The man set her down, and they walked away quickly.
http://www.dailyranger.com/story.php?story_id=13618

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1150 on: July 13, 2015, 01:25:43 AM »
After the disappearnce at least one other member of this group of foreign tourists checked the windows in their flat and found that some were unlocked

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1151 on: July 13, 2015, 08:41:52 AM »
Have the current SY investigators in person done a hands-on test of opening from outside the window and shutter in child bedroom of 5A, and recorded at night how that opening procedure looks and sounds from the relevant bed position?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1152 on: July 13, 2015, 09:48:13 AM »
Have the current SY investigators in person done a hands-on test of opening from outside the window and shutter in child bedroom of 5A, and recorded at night how that opening procedure looks and sounds from the relevant bed position?

The 'evidence' that there ever was an open window is provided by two people. One of them immediately closed it. It's a bit like a couple coming home to find a window has been broken. The husband immediately fits a new pane of glass. Then they call the police and say there was a break-in via that window. Would the police find that strange I wonder? &%+((£
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1153 on: July 13, 2015, 09:50:07 AM »

I have seen newspaper reports that the Oporto PJ team carried out extensive checks in Praia da Luz, visiting all the relative areas where Madeleine and her group were, and where various sightings were reported.

They were seen walking the route to Casa Liliana and they were seen walking a route towards the beach.

I would be amazed if they had not also visited the apartment block and its environs.

We know that Paulo Rebelo carried out an investigation of the apartment from which Madeleine was taken including any possible exits and entrances, with photographs of an officer climbing in the bedroom window and reports that a blanket simulating an object being passed through.

I am certain the information gleaned from these Portuguese diligences would have been carefully logged and shared with Scotland Yard making the need for their own physical checks superfluous ... however who is to say whether or not they have been allowed to visit discretely, I think it is likely they would want to get a 'feel' of the crime scene.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1154 on: July 13, 2015, 09:56:50 AM »
The 'evidence' that there ever was an open window is provided by two people. One of them immediately closed it. It's a bit like a couple coming home to find a window has been broken. The husband immediately fits a new pane of glass. Then they call the police and say there was a break-in via that window. Would the police find that strange I wonder? &%+((£

You are quite determined to paint the Drs McCann in the worst possible light with every post you make.  Quite unedifying.

Madeleine's father was of the opinion that it was impossible to raise the shutter from outside and was shocked to discover that it could be raised.
Stupid of him to interfere with what no-one knew was a crime scene at the time.

However since he neither replaced a broken pane of glass or jemmied a shutter ... your fault finding is becoming laboured.