Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 414858 times)

Offline pegasus

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #1665 on: September 12, 2015, 12:04:57 AM »
Would an opportunist intruder lift a shutter knowing that the window behind it could be locked?
Yes.
The important word is "could".
Could be locked, could be unlocked, only takes about two seconds to find out.
Raise the shutter 100mm, try the window.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 12:10:33 AM by pegasus »

Offline mercury

« Reply #1666 on: September 12, 2015, 12:17:31 AM »
Yes.
The important word is "could".
Could be locked, could be unlocked, only takes about two seconds to find out.
Raise the shutter 100mm, try the window.

no evidence at all the McCann kids bedroom window was left open To be able to be slid open so theory is just a speculative theory

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1667 on: September 12, 2015, 12:19:20 AM »
no evidence at all the McCann kids bedroom window was left open To be able to be slid open so theory is just a speculative theory
Not "left open".
We know it wasn't left open.
It was fully closed, but IMO it was not locked.
There are strong indications in witness statements that this window was possibly not locked.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 12:25:24 AM by pegasus »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1668 on: September 12, 2015, 12:29:33 AM »
IMO someone opened the shutter from outside because he intended to enter that way.
An intended action is not necessarily completed Pathfinder.
What if immediately after opening the shutter he was suddenly disturbed by another person a few metres away?
Obviously he would then abandon his intended action of climbing in.

So why was no evidence found on the window?
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1669 on: September 12, 2015, 12:34:18 AM »
Not "left open".
We know it wasn't left open.
It was fully closed, but IMO it was not locked.
There are strong indications in witness statements that this window was possibly not locked.

closed and closed and locked and closed and locked with key are three different things...no one has any idea in which position those windows were in so yes speculation IMO....I dint think it's furthering anything to assume ...pity the witnesseses weren't exact as possible

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1670 on: September 12, 2015, 12:45:52 AM »
closed and closed and locked and closed and locked with key are three different things...no one has any idea in which position those windows were in so yes speculation IMO....I dint think it's furthering anything to assume ...pity the witnesseses weren't exact as possible
The witnesses were as exact as possible. They stated that the window was in the fully closed position, and they stated they did not know whether the lock button was pressed or not.

Offline misty

« Reply #1671 on: September 12, 2015, 12:57:31 AM »
The witnesses were as exact as possible. They stated that the window was in the fully closed position, and they stated they did not know whether the lock button was pressed or not.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TRACY_DAWKINS.htm

If you can make head or tail of this, it appears a cleaner did clean the inside of the bedroom window of 5a approx. 1 week before the McCanns arrived - probably on changeover day. If the McCanns did not touch the window during their stay, then clearly the cleaner did not ensure that the window was locked.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1672 on: September 12, 2015, 01:14:40 AM »

If you can make head or tail of this, it appears a cleaner did clean the inside of the bedroom window of 5a approx. 1 week before the McCanns arrived - probably on changeover day. If the McCanns did not touch the window during their stay, then clearly the cleaner did not ensure that the window was locked.

A cleaner was in the apartment on WED 2 MAY 2007.  SY only have to ask her if she cleaned the window and was it locked. If it was locked nobody opened it from the outside and with no evidence found on it that fits.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1673 on: September 12, 2015, 01:20:58 AM »

Yes but that's not good enough to just assume

Offline mercury

« Reply #1674 on: September 12, 2015, 01:25:52 AM »

Assumptions and illogical thoughts again that the window was not locked to because it was cleaned? And   it was cleaned therefore the Mccanns didn't touch it? Sheesh, that's me for today, had enough of rubbish

Ps you WILL let me know how you know Tannerman/crècheman details lay for five years in the shelved enquiry as per my previous unanswered request won't you
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 01:29:49 AM by mercury »

Offline misty

« Reply #1675 on: September 12, 2015, 01:42:10 AM »
A cleaner was in the apartment on WED 2 MAY 2007.  SY only have to ask her if she cleaned the window and was it locked. If it was locked nobody opened it from the outside and with no evidence found on it that fits.
http://mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/5A_CLEANER.htm

Maria Julia S. da Silva.

*snipped*

Upon being asked, she states that she is a cleaner and has been working as such for around 13 years with the company 'THE OCEAN CLUB'. Her two daughters, FM and DI work with her in the same department.

Regarding her job, she points out that she is the person who is responsible for cleaning Block 5, more specifically apartments A, B, C, D, H, I, K, L, M and P, and also states that when the child disappeared only apartments A, B, D, G, H and K were occupied. She declares that she is the only employee who cleans these apartments, and has help when new customers arrive or leave. When preparing apartment A, where the Mc Cann family were to be installed, she says that she carried out the preparations with the help of her colleague DNA, on Saturday the 28th. She remembers that when preparing this apartment, she had just been notified that the apartment was to be occupied by 5 (five) people; she was unaware of children in the group. However, at the exact moment when she and her colleague DTNA were preparing the room, personnel from the company MARK WARNER entered the apartment and proceeded to place two children's beds. It was at this moment that they learned that children would be sleeping in the apartment.

Assisted on the Saturday in 5a by, but not mentioned specifically by:-

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DINA_ROCHA.htm

Witness statement of Dina Maria dos Reis Rocha 2007.05.07

Witness statement

Dina Maria Dos Reis Rocha
 Date/Time: 2007/05/07 13H00
 Cleaner
 Portuguese

;
She has worked at the Ocean Club for 16 years, exercising cleaning functions since this date.
 . That this function is concentrated solely upon cleaning the apartments and living areas of the Ocean Club resort;
 . That she normally begins work at around 10H00, and at about 13H00 goes to lunch at her residence and returns at around 14H00, terminating her work day at 18H00;
 . That in the beginning of her work day, she is given cleaning duties by Mrs. Marina Castela, who verifies the presence of the employees and distributes the keys for the respective areas of work;
 . That during the week, from Monday to Friday, she carries out cleaning in the Ocean Club resort - Waterside Village, situated close to the beach zone, but more concretely, in Blocks No. 21, 22, and 24;
 . That this cleaning is done only by the deponent, and only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays;
 . That on Thursdays and Saturdays and upon the check-out of clients and the eventual check-in of new ones, and for this reason, the cleaning of vacated apartments is done. In this situation, she cleans the blocks already mentioned or, when there is no cleaning to do in that area, she goes to help other colleagues in the cleaning of the apartments and living areas;

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Two very experienced cleaners who would no doubt have been fully aware of the need to ensure that the properties should be properly secured upon completion of preparation/cleaning.

Offline misty

« Reply #1676 on: September 12, 2015, 01:45:34 AM »
Assumptions and illogical thoughts again that the window was not locked to because it was cleaned? And   it was cleaned therefore the Mccanns didn't touch it? Sheesh, that's me for today, had enough of rubbish

Ps you WILL let me know how you know Tannerman/crècheman details lay for five years in the shelved enquiry as per my previous unanswered request won't you

The child "Tannerman" was carrying had been in the crèche. I'm sure you can work the rest out yourself.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1677 on: September 12, 2015, 01:55:46 AM »
The child "Tannerman" was carrying had been in the crèche. I'm sure you can work the rest out yourself.

if I could I wouldn't be asking you  ...the specific questions I did and which you are skirting...who was sitting on the info for five years??? Look forward to reading about it in the morn..or later...seeing as you are major criticiser of the PJ let's see your evidence that the PJ were sitting on crècheman...it doesn't make any sense at all IMO,...unless i got your post wrong of course and you were saying someone else was SITTING on evidence and doing nothing about it! IE the Leicester a police who have been known to NOT forward information????
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 02:06:02 AM by mercury »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1678 on: September 12, 2015, 01:58:49 AM »
Yes but that's not good enough to just assume
Some of the windows in 5H were definitely not locked that evening
So it's likely some of the windows in 5A were not locked.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1679 on: September 12, 2015, 02:01:05 AM »
Some of the windows in 5H were definitely not locked that evening
So it's likely some of the windows in 5A were not locked.

That's fine...likely is fine...can never been were definitely though...so all else further has  to be speculation