Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 415149 times)

Offline misty

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #1680 on: September 12, 2015, 02:08:37 AM »
if I could I wouldn't be asking you  ...the specific questions I did and which you are skirting...who was sitting on the info for five years??? Look forward to reading about it in the morn..or later...seeing as you are major criticiser of the PJ let's see your evidence that the PJ were sitting in crècheman...it doesn't make any sense at all IMO,...unless i got your post wrong of course and you were saying someone else was SITTING on evidence and doing nothing about it!

The child was in the crèche that night, the PJ had the crèche records so they knew which parents had collected their children at which times....it's not rocket science to see that they either ignored or failed to follow up details of someone who was walking around OC pathways with a child around the time Tannerman was seen.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1681 on: September 12, 2015, 02:18:29 AM »
That's fine...likely is fine...can never been were definitely though...so all else further has  to be speculation
It's very possible the window was not locked, therefore scenarios in which the window was not locked should be seriously considered.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1682 on: September 12, 2015, 08:31:49 AM »
It's very possible the window was not locked, therefore scenarios in which the window was not locked should be seriously considered.

Why is it 'very possible' as opposed to 'possible?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1683 on: September 12, 2015, 11:58:23 AM »
closed and closed and locked and closed and locked with key are three different things...no one has any idea in which position those windows were in so yes speculation IMO....I dint think it's furthering anything to assume ...pity the witnesseses weren't exact as possible

Presactly!
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1684 on: September 12, 2015, 12:38:58 PM »
Why is it 'very possible' as opposed to 'possible?
Because if the shutter is closed people think the opening is secure and there is no need to check that the window lock button is pressed. I am not making this up - you can read exactly this psychology in FP rog. And in RO rog. Cleaners would be affected by the same psychology - they are cleaners - their job is not to solve a burglary opening method (which most people here haven't solved after 8 years). 'If the shutter is down no-one can get in' - that how the tourist or cleaner sees it.

Further proof is in 5H  Shortly after the child disappeared, checking of windows at 5H revealed the surprising fact some of the windows were not locked. DW rog.

5A has the same design windows as 5H, and the same psychology, therefore it is very possible that one or more of the windows at 5A was not locked. 

« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 03:02:40 PM by pegasus »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1685 on: September 12, 2015, 03:50:37 PM »
Because if the shutter is closed people think the opening is secure and there is no need to check that the window lock button is pressed. I am not making this up - you can read exactly this psychology in FP rog. And in RO rog. Cleaners would be affected by the same psychology - they are cleaners - their job is not to solve a burglary opening method (which most people here haven't solved after 8 years). 'If the shutter is down no-one can get in' - that how the tourist or cleaner sees it.

Further proof is in 5H  Shortly after the child disappeared, checking of windows at 5H revealed the surprising fact some of the windows were not locked. DW rog.

5A has the same design windows as 5H, and the same psychology, therefore it is very possible that one or more of the windows at 5A was not locked.

Very concise explanation if I may say so.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1686 on: September 12, 2015, 04:04:53 PM »
                                                Very concise explanation if I may say so.
Thanks Brietta.
The whole first room can be solved from these 3 basic facts IMO
The shutter had no lock. No-one had checked whether the window was locked. it looked like everyone was out.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 04:07:08 PM by pegasus »

stephen25000

« Reply #1687 on: September 12, 2015, 04:10:07 PM »
Thanks Brietta.
The whole first room can be solved from these 3 basic facts IMO
The shutter had no lock. No-one had checked whether the window was locked. it looked like everyone was out.

Meanwhile not one jot of independent verification that the shutters or window were open prior to the arrival of kate mccanns, whose fingerprints still remain the only ones identified.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1688 on: September 12, 2015, 04:17:20 PM »
Meanwhile not one jot of independent verification that the shutters or window were open prior to the arrival of kate mccanns, whose fingerprints still remain the only ones identified.

and no evidence that they were not open

Offline jassi

« Reply #1689 on: September 12, 2015, 04:21:09 PM »
Stalemate, you might say.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

stephen25000

« Reply #1690 on: September 12, 2015, 04:22:45 PM »
Stalemate, you might say.

Apart from Kate Mccanns identied fingerprints. 8(0(*

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1691 on: September 12, 2015, 04:25:15 PM »
and no evidence that they were not open
IMO the window and shutter were both definitely open when KM arrived to do her check.
It is a pleasure to strongly agree with you on this Dave1.

stephen25000

« Reply #1692 on: September 12, 2015, 04:31:05 PM »
IMO the window and shutter were both definitely open when KM arrived to do her check.
It is a pleasure to strongly agree with you on this Dave1.

So why were her fingerprints found, if the shutters and window were already open ?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1693 on: September 12, 2015, 05:14:50 PM »
So why were her fingerprints found, if the shutters and window were already open ?
Prints were due to placing left hand for support while leaning to look out the already open window.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 05:17:51 PM by pegasus »

stephen25000

« Reply #1694 on: September 12, 2015, 05:17:56 PM »
Prints were due to placing left hand for support while leaning to look out the already open window.

That is not proof the window was opened by anyone else.

There were also  I believe other partial, unidentified prints.

Can you also explain why the prints identified could not be used to open a window.

Also, of course the apartment was accessible through an unlocked entrance. There would be no need for the windows, and there would be disturbance under the windows including scuff marks.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 05:39:15 PM by stephen25000 »