Author Topic: If The Germans Have It Almost In The Bag...  (Read 25473 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: If The Germans Have It Almost In The Bag...
« Reply #645 on: November 01, 2021, 06:56:54 PM »
I think you are wrong and can't see it happening. If there is overwhelming evidence of CBs guilt... And he is found guilty..I don't see him making an application to the ECHR.
Could you explain what action the ECHR might take in the circumstances... I really don't think you have thought this through properly and dont understand what might happen

All the lawyer needs to do is what the McCann's lawyer did. Make sure that the issue is raised during the process.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #646 on: November 01, 2021, 07:09:13 PM »
Are we all cheering for The ECHR now?  I do hope so.  I do love an interminable wait.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 07:12:12 PM by Eleanor »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #647 on: November 01, 2021, 07:33:57 PM »
All the lawyer needs to do is what the McCann's lawyer did. Make sure that the issue is raised during the process.

I will ask you again... If it went to the ECHR and he won... What do you think the ECHR would do.... As I've said... I don't think you've thought it through

Offline Admin

« Reply #648 on: November 03, 2021, 12:40:58 PM »
Posters are again reminded to keep replies amicable and above all, relevant and constructive.

Mods will remove comments which are not conducive to healthy debate and where necessary apply sanctions for repeated rule breaches.  Admin

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #649 on: November 03, 2021, 08:06:43 PM »
I will ask you again... If it went to the ECHR and he won... What do you think the ECHR would do.... As I've said... I don't think you've thought it through

So the ECHR matters if the McCanns appeal to it but not if CB does? Your ambivalence is showing.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #650 on: November 03, 2021, 08:45:01 PM »
So the ECHR matters if the McCanns appeal to it but not if CB does? Your ambivalence is showing.

Ive explained  why that is the case...your lack of knowledge is showing.

If the mcCanns are successful it will humiliate portugal and amaral...and they will have the opportunity to ask for the case to be reheard armed with  a judgement by the ECHR whish wil show that the SC got it wrong.

Ive asked you several times but you CANT answer a simple question. ...so once more...

ive expalined what the McCanns could acheive...what could CB achieve...but you dont have an answer

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #651 on: November 03, 2021, 09:57:11 PM »
Ive explained  why that is the case...your lack of knowledge is showing.

If the mcCanns are successful it will humiliate portugal and amaral...and they will have the opportunity to ask for the case to be reheard armed with  a judgement by the ECHR whish wil show that the SC got it wrong.

Ive asked you several times but you CANT answer a simple question. ...so once more...

ive expalined what the McCanns could acheive...what could CB achieve...but you dont have an answer

It's all ifs, isn't it? Here's another one; IF the Portuguese courts breached the McCann's human rights Portugal can do what most countries do; pay their costs and then forget it.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #652 on: November 04, 2021, 11:00:41 PM »

It's all ifs, isn't it? Here's another one; IF the Portuguese courts breached the McCann's human rights Portugal can do what most countries do; pay their costs and then forget it.

As can Germany, presumably.  Although I don't think Breuckner has any Costs.  But he stays Convicted?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #653 on: November 04, 2021, 11:04:41 PM »

You still can't answer the simple question Re CB and the. ECHR can you.  As you know in the situation you described the McCanns could apply to have the SC judgement looked at again and possibly overturned.

All those saying the SC judgement cannot be overturned are wrong

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #654 on: November 04, 2021, 11:16:09 PM »
You still can't answer the simple question Re CB and the. ECHR can you.  As you know in the situation you described the McCanns could apply to have the SC judgement looked at again and possibly overturned.

Can the judgement of a German Court be overturned by The ECHR if Breuckner were to be convicted.  Bearing in mind any Evidence?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #655 on: November 04, 2021, 11:28:09 PM »
Can the judgement of a German Court be overturned by The ECHR if Breuckner were to be convicted.  Bearing in mind any Evidence?

No... And the Portuguese verfictt cannot be overturned by the ECHR.. Bit the McCanns could request Portugal to re-open the case. Could Portugal be seen to be abusing tthe HR of the McCanns and denying them justice

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #656 on: November 04, 2021, 11:56:20 PM »
No... And the Portuguese verfictt cannot be overturned by the ECHR.. Bit the McCanns could request Portugal to re-open the case. Could Portugal be seen to be abusing tthe HR of the McCanns and denying them justice

So we could be waiting on a wing and a prayer.

Not that I mind all that much.  It doesn't appear to be possible for Portugal to enforce their verdict when it comes to costs and compensation.

And of course Amaral will be looking very silly.  If not totally discredited.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #657 on: November 05, 2021, 05:10:24 AM »

"can" doesn't equal "will". The decision would be for Portugal to decide.
Result = happy posting.