Author Topic: If The Germans Have It Almost In The Bag...  (Read 25651 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: If The Germans Have It Almost In The Bag...
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2021, 08:58:14 AM »
What about yourself.

I'm just fine thank you. How about you?

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline John

« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2021, 02:27:52 PM »
This is Libel.  Or Slander, depending on what such comments amount to Legally.

No it's not, people are entitled to think whatever they like.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2021, 03:38:07 PM »

I think people are entitled to think what they like although I think the WOKE movement has put a stop to that in a big way which hasn't really been noticed too much as yet.

It is when voice is put to that ~ for example questioning people's motives or asking a simple question as Sally Bercow found to her cost.  "Why is Lord McAlpine trending? *innocent face*"

She accused Lord McAlpine of nothing but someone else had and Sally Bercow was sued for libel.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2021, 04:04:20 PM »
I think people are entitled to think what they like although I think the WOKE movement has put a stop to that in a big way which hasn't really been noticed too much as yet.

It is when voice is put to that ~ for example questioning people's motives or asking a simple question as Sally Bercow found to her cost.  "Why is Lord McAlpine trending? *innocent face*"

She accused Lord McAlpine of nothing but someone else had and Sally Bercow was sued for libel.

A defeat for Carter Ruck too, for once.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2021, 04:36:12 PM »
A defeat for Carter Ruck too, for once.

Sally Bercow libelled Lord McAlpine and paid the price for it.

The judgment is one of great public interest and provides both a warning to and guidance for people who use social media."
Rozenberg noted:
"The law of defamation is well known to those who write for a living.
One hopes Twitter users are beginning to learn what a powerful and potentially dangerous weapon they have at their fingertips. A tweet is more like a broadcast than an email and is subject to the law of libel in the same way."

Bercow said: "The High Court found that my tweet constituted a serious libel, both in its natural meaning and as an innuendo. To say I am surprised and disappointed by this is an understatement. I will accept the ruling as the end of the matter. I remain sorry for the distress I have caused Lord McAlpine and I repeat my apologies. Today's ruling should be seen as a warning to all social media users."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McAlpine_v_Bercow#Judgment

I think Sally Bercow's advice should be remembered whenever or wherever one happens to post on the internet.

Innocent parties have the right to seek redress when maligned and sometimes they use that right as Lord McAlpine did.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2021, 05:33:54 PM »
Sally Bercow libelled Lord McAlpine and paid the price for it.

The judgment is one of great public interest and provides both a warning to and guidance for people who use social media."
Rozenberg noted:
"The law of defamation is well known to those who write for a living.
One hopes Twitter users are beginning to learn what a powerful and potentially dangerous weapon they have at their fingertips. A tweet is more like a broadcast than an email and is subject to the law of libel in the same way."

Bercow said: "The High Court found that my tweet constituted a serious libel, both in its natural meaning and as an innuendo. To say I am surprised and disappointed by this is an understatement. I will accept the ruling as the end of the matter. I remain sorry for the distress I have caused Lord McAlpine and I repeat my apologies. Today's ruling should be seen as a warning to all social media users."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McAlpine_v_Bercow#Judgment

I think Sally Bercow's advice should be remembered whenever or wherever one happens to post on the internet.

Innocent parties have the right to seek redress when maligned and sometimes they use that right as Lord McAlpine did.

All this because I said something which wasn't libellous?  %77*
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2021, 07:44:33 PM »
Are people allowed to write their thoughts about what happened on here now then?  Was a time we could not write freely.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #97 on: August 28, 2021, 07:59:32 PM »
All this because I said something which wasn't libellous?  %77*

You are mistaken.

"All this because" you responded to my previous post with "A defeat for Carter Ruck too, for once."

Do please make the attempt to keep pace with flow of the debate even if it is all wildly off topic as per usual 😀

Offline Heriberto Janosch

« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2021, 08:04:54 PM »
why does the MET require further funding for 2021/22 to the tune of some 350k?
The Germans have strong evidence against CB.
They just want to complete that evidence with more evidence, so that there is no doubt in the judges when passing sentence.
The Germans don't expect CB to confess. They hope that the evidence will continue to accumulate as it has until now, until it becomes incontestable.
MET is helping to collect additional evidence.
Unfortunately, Madeleine was killed soon after her abduction by CB.

Offline jassi

« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2021, 08:10:14 PM »
They just want to complete that evidence with more evidence, so that there is no doubt in the judges when passing sentence.
The Germans don't expect CB to confess. They hope that the evidence will continue to accumulate as it has until now, until it becomes incontestable.

We shall see - maybe.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2021, 08:15:22 PM »

Totally agree

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2021, 08:45:25 PM »

Any idea what the concrete evidence against Brueckner might be?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Heriberto Janosch

« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2021, 08:50:32 PM »
Any idea what the concrete evidence against Brueckner might be?
Graphic material, eyewitnesses, phone calls ...

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2021, 08:56:28 PM »

You think Jane Tanner saw Brueckner?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline jassi

« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2021, 08:56:38 PM »

Eyewitnesses of what ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future