Author Topic: If The Germans Have It Almost In The Bag...  (Read 25552 times)

Offline barrier

Re: If The Germans Have It Almost In The Bag...
« Reply #150 on: September 04, 2021, 12:56:47 PM »
Interestingly I found this discussion taking place on an entirely different forum and it certainly rang a bell with what I have observed here and elsewhere.
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/is-our-forum-under-troll-attack.7756/

I don't think we need to consider other sites whose theories are so silly as to be laughable. In fact, mentioning them here is a breach of our rules and moderators should know better.
[/b]
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #151 on: September 04, 2021, 01:28:41 PM »
Interestingly I found this discussion taking place on an entirely different forum and it certainly rang a bell with what I have observed here and elsewhere.
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/is-our-forum-under-troll-attack.7756/

You think asking for cites is trolling?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #152 on: September 04, 2021, 01:35:12 PM »
Because the Home Office did refuse to hand over the requested information unless a number of conditions were met. That might be a legal requirement but nevertheless they didn't hand over the requested information.

It would be interesting to see what conditions the German government set on allowing CB's bank statements to be released to the Police there.
So, that's the Home Office refusing on behalf of the McCanns, and quite rightly too IMO - protecting the rights of their citizens. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #153 on: September 04, 2021, 01:39:05 PM »
You think asking for cites is trolling?

I think it can be. I think asking for a cite when a poster has made it clear that they are not claiming a fact... As you did... Could be described ad trolling

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #154 on: September 04, 2021, 01:40:58 PM »
So, that's the Home Office refusing on behalf of the McCanns, and quite rightly too IMO - protecting the rights of their citizens.

I think its more than your opinion... A persons right to privacy is governed by the ECHR

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #155 on: September 04, 2021, 02:52:30 PM »
I think it can be. I think asking for a cite when a poster has made it clear that they are not claiming a fact... As you did... Could be described ad trolling

I gave you a choice;

"I think you should either cite or cease the vague speculation."
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=12194.msg664493#msg664493

You chose (eventually) to cite speculation by the media. Although there has been such speculation, which you chose to repeat, there is no evidence that Brueckner knew anyone who worked at the Ocean Club or that anyone working there helped him in any way shape or form. In particular, the name Monteiro wasn't connected with Brueckner imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #156 on: September 04, 2021, 02:55:15 PM »
I gave you a choice;

You chose (eventually) to cite speculation by the media. Although there has been such speculation, which you chose to repeat, there is no evidence that Brueckner knew anyone who worked at the Ocean Club or that anyone working there helped him in any way shape or form. In particular, the name Monteiro wasn't connected with Brueckner imo.

Ive given my opinion on trolling. Its not up to you to mske up rules that suit you. If you want to stop speculation...contact john

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #157 on: September 04, 2021, 02:56:24 PM »
I gave you a choice;

So to be clear -  is it now no longer permitted to vaguely speculate on this forum by prefacing a comment with something like "I seem to think" or "I would imagine that"?  I think this needs clarification Mrs Mod.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #158 on: September 04, 2021, 02:58:41 PM »

Well I seem to remember reports the McCanns were involved with Christian Brueckner.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #159 on: September 04, 2021, 03:03:43 PM »
Well I seem to remember reports the McCanns were involved with Christian Brueckner.
You seem to have a faulty memory or perhaps you are suffering from the Mandela effect.

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #160 on: September 04, 2021, 03:05:09 PM »

Yes, I can see their argument is valid... I'm not convinced (on gut feeling) that they always set the bar so high when "protecting citizens".

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #161 on: September 04, 2021, 03:06:13 PM »

I doubt anyone cares... But it seems gunit does

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #162 on: September 04, 2021, 03:08:34 PM »
You seem to have a faulty memory or perhaps you are suffering from the Mandela effect.

Well Brueckner & the McCanns were both (allegedly) at the Ocean Club so it's quite possible they knew each other, a'la Brueckner & Monteiro.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #163 on: September 04, 2021, 03:10:10 PM »
Yes, I can see their argument is valid... I'm not convinced (on gut feeling) that they always set the bar so high when "protecting citizens".
That seems like vague speculation.. Lol.
As regards medical records im fairlly sure a doctor would require a court order which a judhe would only authorise if there was sufficient evifence to justify.  A request by an inept detective who didnt understand the evidence simply wouldnt do

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #164 on: September 04, 2021, 03:22:13 PM »
That seems like vague speculation.. Lol.
As regards medical records im fairlly sure a doctor would require a court order which a judhe would only authorise if there was sufficient evifence to justify.  A request by an inept detective who didnt understand the evidence simply wouldnt do

It was just gut feeling, but I accept your point. It's certainly a valid legal argument that was used, not to hand over the requested information. The claim though, that the "pro" site was trying to rebut, was Amaral's claim that the HO refused to to hand over the information. I have no idea why Amaral did not respond. You would have to ask him that question.