Author Topic: If The Germans Have It Almost In The Bag...  (Read 25644 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: If The Germans Have It Almost In The Bag...
« Reply #270 on: October 23, 2021, 11:57:17 AM »
Does a statement from a senior detective get any more definitive than this?
Can anyone find one similar, made with such conviction (no pun intended) in an active unsolved case?

Wolter explained that the team has sufficient evidence to charge Brueckner but are hoping to “strengthen their position” before doing so. Brueckner is a convicted pedophile.

Wolter, who is in charge of the case, told the Mirror “It is now possible that we could charge. We have that evidence now.

“But it’s not just about charging him – we want to charge him with the best body of evidence possible. When we still have questions, it would be nonsense to charge rather than wait for the answers that could strengthen our position. That’s why we said we’ll investigate as long as there are leads or information for us to pursue.”

Wolter clarified that they have not recovered McCann’s body, cannot prove that she has died, and have no forensic evidence that connects Brueckner to her suspected murder. But the investigators have very strong circumstantial evidence:

“I personally think a conclusion will be reached next year. We have no body and no DNA but we have other evidence. Based on the evidence we have, it leads to no other conclusion.”

HCW is a prosecutor not a detective as you claim.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #271 on: October 23, 2021, 12:02:15 PM »
Yes, it's extremely unusual for a suspect to be declared guilty prior to conviction, or trial, or arrest even.

Here in the UK we have a nurse on remand, suspected of murdering new borns in a hospital ward.

She's been on remand for over a year now (so the evidence against her presumably is convincing), & yet, I haven't seen any prosecutors or detectives declare her guilty. There's even a media injunction (presumably so as to secure a fair trial).
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #272 on: October 23, 2021, 12:04:02 PM »
It's a moot point as far as the thrust of Uncle's post is concerned.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #273 on: October 23, 2021, 12:05:35 PM »
Yes, it's extremely unusual for a suspect to be declared guilty prior to conviction, or trial, or arrest even.

Here in the UK we have a nurse on remand, suspected of murdering new borns in a hospital ward.

She's been on remand for over a year now (so the evidence against her presumably is convincing), & yet, I haven't seen any prosecutors or detectives declare her guilty. There's even a media injunction (presumably so as to secure a fair trial).
We also have the case of Suzy Lamplugh in which the police have made it quite clear that they believe John Canaan abducted and murdered her.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #274 on: October 23, 2021, 12:07:12 PM »
We also have the case of Suzy Lamplugh in which the police have made it quite clear that they believe John Canaan abducted and murdered her.

It doesn't matter what they 'believe'.

John Canaan is innocent.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #275 on: October 23, 2021, 12:07:56 PM »
It's a moot point as far as the thrust of Uncle's post is concerned.

Shall we just do away with defence counsel then?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #276 on: October 23, 2021, 12:08:46 PM »
Can anyone find one similar, made with such conviction (no pun intended) in an active unsolved case?

Wolter explained that the team has sufficient evidence to charge Brueckner but are hoping to “strengthen their position” before doing so. Brueckner is a convicted pedophile.

Wolter, who is in charge of the case, told the Mirror “It is now possible that we could charge. We have that evidence now.

“But it’s not just about charging him – we want to charge him with the best body of evidence possible. When we still have questions, it would be nonsense to charge rather than wait for the answers that could strengthen our position. That’s why we said we’ll investigate as long as there are leads or information for us to pursue.”

Wolter clarified that they have not recovered McCann’s body, cannot prove that she has died, and have no forensic evidence that connects Brueckner to her suspected murder. But the investigators have very strong circumstantial evidence:

“I personally think a conclusion will be reached next year. We have no body and no DNA but we have other evidence. Based on the evidence we have, it leads to no other conclusion.”

Have you got anything from BKA?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #277 on: October 23, 2021, 12:11:26 PM »

The police made it quite clear they thought Colin Stagg was guilty.

If the police believe John Canaan is responsible why don't they charge?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #278 on: October 23, 2021, 12:17:58 PM »

Hear what CB's defence counsel has to say in response to the prosecutor's claims:

https://www-dailymail-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8757067/amp/Madeleine-McCann-suspect-Christian-Brueckners-lawyer-says-evidence-clears-client.html?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#aoh=16349877233050&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-8757067%2FMadeleine-McCann-suspect-Christian-Brueckners-lawyer-says-evidence-clears-client.html

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #279 on: October 23, 2021, 12:25:46 PM »
Believe what you want, but you can't support it with facts because Wolters has given you none.

I think based on the facts we have it's highly likely that Wolters has the evidence.. What do you think

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #280 on: October 23, 2021, 12:26:43 PM »
I think based on the facts we have it's highly likely that Wolters has the evidence.. What do you think

I see no reason to doubt Friedrich Fulscher myself.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #281 on: October 23, 2021, 12:27:10 PM »

Wolters is spokesman for the investigation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #282 on: October 23, 2021, 12:28:45 PM »
Have you got anything from BKA?

Wolters is speaking for the whole investigation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #283 on: October 23, 2021, 12:36:38 PM »
The police made it quite clear they thought Colin Stagg was guilty.

If the police believe John Canaan is responsible why don't they charge?

In neither of case did the police police claim concrete evidence

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #284 on: October 23, 2021, 12:38:04 PM »

My thoughts exactly