Author Topic: If The Germans Have It Almost In The Bag...  (Read 25644 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: If The Germans Have It Almost In The Bag...
« Reply #510 on: October 29, 2021, 02:08:29 PM »
A federal court in Karlsruhe, a city in south-west Germany, rejected Brueckner's appeal against the conviction and confirmed the sentence on Friday.

The judgment comes weeks before German national Brueckner, who is also serving a prison sentence for drug trafficking, could have been freed.

German prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters, who is leading the McCann investigation, said the one year and seven months Brueckner has already spent in jail will count towards the seven-year jail term.

"Therefore, he should be in custody until spring 2026,"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/madeleine-mccann-suspect-wont-freed-23042200
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 02:10:53 PM by Wonderfulspam »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #511 on: October 29, 2021, 02:12:35 PM »
....not sure. Good question.

There may be more crimes to take into consideration for which he hasn't been prosecuted yet. 

I would be surprised if these and the supporting evidence weren't discussed at the recent meeting held between the international teams of investigators.

We shall all just have to wait serenely for what is decided.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #512 on: October 29, 2021, 02:25:59 PM »
He's done 18 months all told, I believe, so this time next year he'll be up for a review. His problem, apart from being the man in the frame, is that this 'review' will be compromised in regard to options, as they're having to keep him under 'non on normal communal exercise' status due to HCW's public proclamations making him a target inside.
It won't get that far, as they're certainly going to charge him with something. But despite how it may impinge on peoples' sensitivities, a decent human rights lawyer could argue that he's been unfairly dealt with and due process has been compromised.

I still can't find any other instances of people being declared guilty by prosecutors or police.

Literally John Canaan & Brueckner are the only two I can think of....
(there may be more, perhaps a resident google expert can help)

...& in the Canaan case, supposing by some miracle they do find Suzy's body (there isn't much evidence of her death without it, other than her being missing) the MET have jeopardised future conviction of him imo,
so far from helping Suzy's case, they might have made it worse.

Supposing Brueckner didn't murder Maddie & never gets tried.

Who's going to bother looking for her when Wolters has been so absolute in his determination.

..and when Maddie's real killer is in the dock, the defence can just call Wolters to give concrete evidence they didn't do it.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #513 on: October 29, 2021, 02:42:51 PM »
I still can't find any other instances of people being declared guilty by prosecutors or police.

Literally John Canaan & Brueckner are the only two I can think of....
(there may be more, perhaps a resident google expert can help)

...& in the Canaan case, supposing by some miracle they do find Suzy's body (there isn't much evidence of her death without it, other than her being missing) the MET have jeopardised future conviction of him imo,
so far from helping Suzy's case, they might have made it worse.

Supposing Brueckner didn't murder Maddie & never gets tried.

Who's going to bother looking for her when Wolters has been so absolute in his determination.

..and when Maddie's real killer is in the dock, the defence can just call Wolters to give concrete evidence they didn't do it.
Levi Bellfield was declared the prime suspect in the Millie Dowler case by the police two years before charges were brought against him.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/feb/25/ukcrime2
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #514 on: October 29, 2021, 02:46:15 PM »
Has he finished his Drug Sentence and actually started the Rape Sentence?

His drug sentence ended Jan 2021.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/shackled-madeleine-mccann-suspect-taken-23027270

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #515 on: October 29, 2021, 02:52:14 PM »
Levi Bellfield was declared the prime suspect in the Millie Dowler case by the police two years before charges were brought against him.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/feb/25/ukcrime2

So they named him as prime suspect, yes.

Did they say he was guilty prior to trial like in the cases I mentioned?

Brueckner's even been declared guilty before arrest.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #516 on: October 29, 2021, 03:36:02 PM »
So they named him as prime suspect, yes.

Did they say he was guilty prior to trial like in the cases I mentioned?

Brueckner's even been declared guilty before arrest.
Do you have a cite for this official declaration please?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #517 on: October 29, 2021, 03:47:18 PM »
Probably weren't 100 % sure about Bellfield.. Must be solid evidence against CB

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #518 on: October 29, 2021, 03:50:21 PM »
Well here, just the other week, having stated previously they have only one suspect & concrete evidence, he added that there's no conclusion other than Maddie being dead.

'We have no body and no DNA but we have other evidence. Based on the evidence we have, it leads to no other conclusion.   

'I can't tell you on which basis we assume she is dead. But for us, there's no other possibility. There is no hope she is alive,'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10075115/Prosecutors-100-sure-convicted-Christian-Brueckner-murdered-Madeleine-McCann.html

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #519 on: October 29, 2021, 04:01:29 PM »
Well here, just the other week, having stated previously they have only one suspect & concrete evidence, he added that there's no conclusion other than Maddie being dead.

'We have no body and no DNA but we have other evidence. Based on the evidence we have, it leads to no other conclusion.   

'I can't tell you on which basis we assume she is dead. But for us, there's no other possibility. There is no hope she is alive,'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10075115/Prosecutors-100-sure-convicted-Christian-Brueckner-murdered-Madeleine-McCann.html
So no declaration of guilt, just a belief, an opinion.  How does this materially differ from declaring someone the prime suspect and saying they have compelling circumstantial evidence against him?  Are you suggesting that there is a big difference that would mean a judge would be swayed by one statement but not another?

Offline jassi

« Reply #520 on: October 29, 2021, 04:02:35 PM »

Doesn't explain why they consider it murder, or why they are so certain that is Brueckner what done it.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #521 on: October 29, 2021, 04:02:44 PM »
Probably weren't 100 % sure about Bellfield.. Must be solid evidence against CB

No forensics, DNA, body.

Has to be the photograph of a dead Maddie then....

'If we had a video of the act or a picture of Madeleine dead with Brueckner on camera, we wouldn't have had to make a public appeal. But we only have circumstantial evidence.' 

Offline barrier

« Reply #522 on: October 29, 2021, 04:08:54 PM »
No forensics, DNA, body.

'If we had a video of the act or a picture of Madeleine dead with Brueckner on camera, we wouldn't have had to make a public appeal. But we only have circumstantial evidence.' 

Yep CB took a picture when he came across Smithmans bundle .
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #523 on: October 29, 2021, 04:20:10 PM »
No forensics, DNA, body.

That doesn't sound like a public declaration of guilt either.  I mean you're not convinced by it, so why do you think German judges would be falling for this hook, line and sinker and denying Brueckner a fair trial?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #524 on: October 29, 2021, 04:27:28 PM »
That doesn't sound like a public declaration of guilt either.  I mean you're not convinced by it, so why do you think German judges would be falling for this hook, line and sinker and denying Brueckner a fair trial?

Yeah to be fair to him he's flip flopped a little on the issue from that initial certainty of Madie definitely getting murdered to a few months later admitting the possibility she might still be alive, (when confronted by British journalists for such blasphemy) but from them recent comments he's relapsed into sin.