Author Topic: If The Germans Have It Almost In The Bag...  (Read 25644 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: If The Germans Have It Almost In The Bag...
« Reply #570 on: October 31, 2021, 03:33:18 PM »
Enough to make the Germans 100% sure... So same as UK

Yer, but wet or dry concrete?

However, Trials have been won on circumstantial evidence.

Offline jassi

« Reply #571 on: October 31, 2021, 03:44:28 PM »
Could even be some of that substandard stuff that have been used in bridges.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #572 on: October 31, 2021, 03:54:21 PM »

According to Google and what I can make of it, it means the same thing.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #573 on: October 31, 2021, 11:26:27 PM »
I'm interested in abuse of process, it doesn't matter who it is to me. Everyone counts or no-one counts.
Let's say he gets charged, it would be a dereliction of duty of his defence not to automatically request the charges be dismissed due to a total lack of the chance of a fair trial. In my opinion a fair trial is impossible, you can't put the genie back in the bottle.
His defence should keep going, challenging the process at every turn. It's now not about MM at all, but a circus created by injudicious proclamations from HCW, et al.

I often wonder what is behind Wolter’s proclamations. As a prosecutor he cannot be unaware how damaging to any case brought against Brueckner his behaviour is so why indulge in it?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #574 on: October 31, 2021, 11:31:38 PM »
I often wonder what is behind Wolter’s proclamations. As a prosecutor he cannot be unaware how damaging to any case brought against Brueckner his behaviour is so why indulge in it?

Suggesting that The Judges will be influenced by this is really not a good idea.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #575 on: November 01, 2021, 06:31:06 AM »

Can someone explain to me why it isn't standard practice to declare suspects guilty before trial, charges or arrest, if doing so has no influence on a trial itself?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #576 on: November 01, 2021, 07:19:29 AM »
Can someone explain to me why it isn't standard practice to declare suspects guilty before trial, charges or arrest, if doing so has no influence on a trial itself?
CB hasn’t been declared guilty, the prosecutor has merely offered his opinion that he is convinced by the evidence they have that they have the right man in their sights and are busy building trying to build a cast iron case against him.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Uncle Jr

« Reply #577 on: November 01, 2021, 07:53:48 AM »
CB hasn’t been declared guilty, the prosecutor has merely offered his opinion that he is convinced by the evidence they have that they have the right man in their sights and are busy building trying to build a cast iron case against him.
Now change the CB to GM and see how that fits.
It's wrong on all counts.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #578 on: November 01, 2021, 08:00:21 AM »
Now change the CB to GM and see how that fits.
It's wrong on all counts.

It's wrong if he doesn't have the evidence... Right if he does

Offline Uncle Jr

« Reply #579 on: November 01, 2021, 08:01:40 AM »
Wolters has already addressed the question of a fair trial.. Anyone suggesting he won't is questioning the professionalism and integrity of the German judges.
If it was a jury trial as in the UK there might be some grounds to criticise..it all depends on what evidence Wolters has
Well that's a relief, HCW has addressed it.
Imagine a prosecutor in the UK making the same proclamation about a jury pool. Just because they're judges, it doesn't mean they're unimpeachable and know nothing about the case or CB.
There will not be a fair trial, but they will probably do it anyway.

Offline Uncle Jr

« Reply #580 on: November 01, 2021, 08:02:35 AM »
It's wrong if he doesn't have the evidence... Right if he does
It makes no difference. Amaral had 'evidence'. Was that fair to Gerry?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #581 on: November 01, 2021, 08:07:01 AM »

Amaral didn't have evidence... He was such a fool he thought he did and he should have been punished for that.. As Wolters should if he doesn't have it. The ECHR will confirm.
It's a matter of public interest.. Some opinion. ..some fact

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #582 on: November 01, 2021, 08:09:27 AM »
Well that's a relief, HCW has addressed it.
Imagine a prosecutor in the UK making the same proclamation about a jury pool. Just because they're judges, it doesn't mean they're unimpeachable and know nothing about the case or CB.
There will not be a fair trial, but they will probably do it anyway.

You are thinking your opinion is fact it isn't. Whether the trial is fair will depend on the evidence

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #583 on: November 01, 2021, 08:11:15 AM »

If you look at the ECHR edicts on free speech it puts great importance on evidence and it's vveracity

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #584 on: November 01, 2021, 08:15:26 AM »
then Greek helicopter pilot who murdered.. Allegedly... His wife.  The police have claimed he's confessed.
If he now  pleads not guilty..and denies the confession. Will he get a fair trial..

It's all about the evidence