Author Topic: Is Goncalo Amaral more respected than what some seem to think on this forum.  (Read 6018 times)

Offline kizzy

You are claiming that amaral needed this money to defend himself...in reality i doubt taht is true. in the Uk frozen assets can be used to pay reasobnable legal expenses...I cant see things would be any different in portugal

IYO

He would never have been able to fight the mccs if the fund hadn't been started.

Offline jassi

IYO

He would never have been able to fight the mccs if the fund hadn't been started.

No doubt McCann wouldn't have gone to court without the benefit of their fund either.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

On 29th April 2015 the GoFundMe page was created by Leanne Baulch to raise funds for Amaral's defence against the action brought against him by the McCanns. He didn't have the funds to pay for his defence himself as they had been frozen by an injunction taken out by the McCanns. It was closed on 28th October 2015 as the PJGA group were satisfied that enough had been raised. An average of £ 8,800 per month was donated.

In my opinion a lot of that money was donated due to the attitude of the UK press. They accused those who donated of being 'online trolls'. That simplistic and untrue accusation led to more donations being made rather than discouraging people imo. As did efforts to make the GoFundMe page difficult to locate.

So Amaral was able to defend himself because people in the UK disagreed with tactics designed to prevent him from doing so imo.
That's your opinion to which you are entitled.  In my opinion there was (is) a nub of some hundreds of rather peculiar McCann bashers online (some of whom undoubtedly deserve the title of troll) who see Amaral as their champion and Basher in chief and it was mostly they that poured their hard earned and pensions into their favourite cause, often making numerous donations over the weeks the fund was being promoted.  Of course there were almost certainly a few people who didn't really understand what they were donating to and saw Madeleine's name and assumed they were helping with efforts to find her.   
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

IYO

No its informed opinion... The fund may well not have been necessary... He could have used his own money
It will be interesting to see what the ECHR say. The case in Portugal may well be re opened if they rule in the McCanns favour.. So the SC judgement may not be final

Offline barrier

No its informed opinion... The fund may well not have been necessary... He could have used his own money
It will be interesting to see what the ECHR say. The case in Portugal may well be re opened if they rule in the McCanns favour.. So the SC judgement may not be final

The ECHR thing is a lifetime away judging by their dates of latest cases, you're gonna be waiting an awful long time, doesn't even count has noteworthy pending, cases communicated in 2017 are waiting.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline G-Unit

No doubt McCann wouldn't have gone to court without the benefit of their fund either.

Well it did pay for Portuguese lawyers and for the travel and accomodation of witnesses. The reason given was that Amaral's book & documentary harmed the search for Madeleine, but that turned out to be an allegation, not a fact.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

Well it did pay for Portuguese lawyers and for the travel and accomodation of witnesses. The reason given was that Amaral's book & documentary harmed the search for Madeleine, but that turned out to be an allegation, not a fact.

It may well be a fact.. Just not accepted by the court as proven

Offline kizzy

t will be interesting to see what the ECHR say.

You cant live on probabilities and maybes and ifs like your posts seem to do.

I could say what if they don't get anywhere with it and then what. I don't think they will

At least GA has always been consistent in what he believes and never altered his beleifs in 14 years.

Afterall GA had first hand knowledge also ...he was involved at the beginning.

IMO also he was got rid of at the most trivial thing criticising UK police.

seems to me they wanted him gone although he has never give up his beliefs

In further rants he accuses the British Government and Scotland Yard of interfering in the case, protecting Maddie’s parents and causing the Portuguese authorities to bow to pressure.

Offline kizzy

Exactly ...well said.

Plus the 11 top notch lawyers IIRC they hired at the begining.

Offline Mr Gray

t will be interesting to see what the ECHR say.

You cant live on probabilities and maybes and ifs like your posts seem to do.

I could say what if they don't get anywhere with it and then what. I don't think they will

At least GA has always been consistent in what he believes and never altered his beleifs in 14 years.

Afterall GA had first hand knowledge also ...he was involved at the beginning.

IMO also he was got rid of at the most trivial thing criticising UK police.

seems to me they wanted him gone although he has never give up his beliefs

In further rants he accuses the British Government and Scotland Yard of interfering in the case, protecting Maddie’s parents and causing the Portuguese authorities to bow to pressure.

Amaral didnt understand the evidence... Its about time he understood

Offline G-Unit

He is still entitled to express his opinion, just as the McCanns freely expressed theirs.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

He is still entitled to express his opinion, just as the McCanns freely expressed theirs.

Not if its libellous... At least you accept he didn't understand bthe evidence

Offline kizzy

Really seems Wolt going the same way.

GA knows what he knows ...stands by what he says ...as yet has not been proved wrong in his beliefs imo

Offline Mr Gray

Really seems Wolt going the same way.

GA knows what he knows ...stands by what he says ...as yet has not been proved wrong in his beliefs imo

He has been proved wrong. The alerts dont confirm a death in 5a

Offline kizzy

He has been proved wrong. The alerts dont confirm a death in 5a

Comonn now D its not only about the alerts is it ...there is plenty more things why he has his beliefs the mccs are involved or the abduction scenario it seems.  He hasn't as yet been proved wrong or likely to be IMO.