Author Topic: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?  (Read 110460 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?
« Reply #120 on: March 24, 2020, 06:52:29 PM »
“Boris deserves measured praise for the tone, content and delivery of his address. For the first time in his premiership I saw an embryo statesman emerging - discarding the natural bonhomie that had become his stock-in-trade - replaced by the gravitas which was required. Not too much distracting hand-waving, thank goodness but with a reasonably-paced delivery and a clear, short unambiguous message. As someone who was appalled at his rise to the top of the Tory party and even rejoiced when he continued to make gaffes, this morning I have to eat a starter portion of humble pie. Cometh the hour, cometh Boris. May he lead the nation successfully through this test.”

I think you would have to be extremely bitter and churlish to disagree with this comment from a Times reader, following yesterday’s announcement.  He needs our collective support now, love him or loathe him.

It shows how low a bar we have set for Johnson when we it takes for him simply to read a pe-written statement for us to be impressed. Was it only last week that he told us that he was going to visit his mother on Mother’s Day while simultaneously telling us to stay away? Was it only a couple of months ago that he was enjoying a Caribbean freebie when he should have been putting in place measures to negate the worst of this horrendous virus ? We knew it was coming. We had all seen Wuhan. Lest we ever forget, if Johnson hadn’t followed his ‘herd immunity’ strategy we might not have had 89 dead in one day.

I’m aware the right would like to paint those criticising  Johnson’s woefully inadequate response as somehow part of the problem but even in times of crisis our elected government’s actions should be scrutinised. In fact it’s arguably more important now than ever before.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #121 on: March 24, 2020, 08:48:48 PM »
Itelexit is coming!!!

Thanks to the EU's open borders which are not being closed which is against the EU laws  ^*&& when it suits them.

Here we see the open wounds of the struggling countries and the UN-ELECTED  saviors in EU land...

France and Germany refusing to export masks and other vital equipment to save their own and the uninvited asylum seekers via boats to Italy. have Fined them for helping their own economy in the light of lock down.

THANK YOU BREXITEERS FOR GETTING UK OUT IN TIME!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1259031/coronavirus-news-italy-cases-deaths-eu-italexit-gdp-recession-spt

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1259031/coronavirus-news-italy-cases-deaths-eu-italexit-gdp-recession-spt

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-12/italy-fined-by-eu-top-court-for-failing-to-recoup-sardinian-aid

Scottish Independence with EU status.... not looking so good now is it.

To add insult to injury:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1259673/EU-news-coronavirus-outbreak-Iran-foreign-aid-latest-covid19-update

Oh Dear.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #122 on: March 24, 2020, 08:51:38 PM »
It shows how low a bar we have set for Johnson when we it takes for him simply to read a pe-written statement for us to be impressed. Was it only last week that he told us that he was going to visit his mother on Mother’s Day while simultaneously telling us to stay away? Was it only a couple of months ago that he was enjoying a Caribbean freebie when he should have been putting in place measures to negate the worst of this horrendous virus ? We knew it was coming. We had all seen Wuhan. Lest we ever forget, if Johnson hadn’t followed his ‘herd immunity’ strategy we might not have had 89 dead in one day.

I’m aware the right would like to paint those criticising  Johnson’s woefully inadequate response as somehow part of the problem but even in times of crisis our elected government’s actions should be scrutinised. In fact it’s arguably more important now than ever before.

" I’m aware the right would like to paint those criticising  Johnson’s woefully inadequate response as somehow part of the problem but even in times of crisis our elected government’s actions should be scrutinised. In fact it’s arguably more important now than ever before."

I agree, we do need to keep up pressure for bad or poor judgement on the government.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline faithlilly

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #124 on: March 26, 2020, 05:26:33 PM »
Rishi has come to the aid of the self-employed just as I knew he would.  Thanks Rishi.   8**8:/:
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2020, 08:22:44 PM »
Rishi has come to the aid of the self-employed just as I knew he would.  Thanks Rishi.   8**8:/:

And it only took several weeks of sustained pressure.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #126 on: March 26, 2020, 11:13:59 PM »
 )
And it only took several weeks of sustained pressure.
9 days actually.

PS I regret to inform you that your new avatar is completely illegible but thanks for ditching the “I Am  Jew” one.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2020, 12:43:09 AM »
)9 days actually.

PS I regret to inform you that your new avatar is completely illegible but thanks for ditching the “I Am  Jew” one.

Still...you only have to wait until June....bit like being on Universal Credit really.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 12:48:15 AM by Faithlilly »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2020, 07:21:06 AM »
Still...you only have to wait until June....bit like being on Universal Credit really.
I will eventually get far more than being on Universal Credit and unlike some people I realise that government does not hsve a magic wand and that some things take time to set up.  This is why people should try and put aside a little bit of the ir income as contingency for such events.  I have enough saved to see me through until June because I have been prudent.  Also, I expect ten grand to be landing in my business account well before June.  I do feel sorry for those who are in a less fortunate position than myself but what do you suggest the govt should do more than it is already doing (which is a pretty magnificent effort imo)?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #129 on: March 27, 2020, 11:09:02 AM »
I will eventually get far more than being on Universal Credit and unlike some people I realise that government does not hsve a magic wand and that some things take time to set up.  This is why people should try and put aside a little bit of the ir income as contingency for such events.  I have enough saved to see me through until June because I have been prudent.  Also, I expect ten grand to be landing in my business account well before June.  I do feel sorry for those who are in a less fortunate position than myself but what do you suggest the govt should do more than it is already doing (which is a pretty magnificent effort imo)?

Then let’s hope your expectations are met.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #130 on: March 27, 2020, 12:09:10 PM »

Provided your trading profits have been below £50,000 on average, the maximum you will receive under the scheme is £2,500 per month for the three months March-May. Payments will begin in June.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #131 on: March 27, 2020, 04:24:55 PM »
Provided your trading profits have been below £50,000 on average, the maximum you will receive under the scheme is £2,500 per month for the three months March-May. Payments will begin in June.
I am very well aware of the details thanks.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #132 on: March 27, 2020, 04:57:16 PM »
I am very well aware of the details thanks.

Then it’s surprising you’re so enthusiastic.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #133 on: March 27, 2020, 05:24:54 PM »
Then it’s surprising you’re so enthusiastic.
Why is that?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2020, 05:35:23 PM »
Why is that?

You could die of the virus before you get paid.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.