Author Topic: Jeremy Bamber ponders the 29th anniversary of the killings with Invictus poem.  (Read 1847 times)

Offline Tim Invictus

How dare that child killing barstarred 'steal' my poem! Now whenever one of my favourite poems occurs to me it will remind me of that sick psychopath!

I wonder if he enjoyed his trip to the pyramids ..... I hope he was back in time to slop out and cut Big Harry's toenails?

http://jeremybamber.blogspot.com

PS: I had to write barstarred because it won't let you type b........!

« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 05:16:25 PM by Mr Moderator »

Offline Mr Moderator

The blog from the official Jeremy Bamber website.

It’s always at this time of year I look back and consider my life, my freedom and what it means to me. People often ask how do I feel, or how can I cope? There are times, especially in the present day, when we all consider our freedom and other people’s suffering in the fight to protect it, especially in times of war.

Freedom comes in many different guises and release from physical pain and illness is freedom too. I might be physically incarcerated but my mind is always free to wander anywhere in the world, to the ancient pyramids, or down to the farmlands of Essex.

When I consider how I personally feel, I often read this poem by William Ernest Henley (1849–1903). Invictus, was written during a time when the author felt he too had lost a part of his freedom. For me this work sums up how I feel and I’m sure there are others who can relate to these words, which have a universal message about suffering. So as I enter my thirtieth year of wrongful imprisonment, let's all remember to cherish the freedom we have, even if it is limited to four walls.

Jeremy.

Invictus
by William Ernest Henley

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeoning’s of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears