Author Topic: Does anyone really believe for a second that the Tapas 7 could maintain a story?  (Read 8475 times)

Offline Mrs. B

Well, feel free to present your theory then, if you have one, that explains HOW the parents are responsible, with or without the help of friends.

Offline Carana

I do not understand the premise being made here  ...  that in order for the McCanns to have been involved in their child's disappearance, it would be necessary for all other members of the tapas group to have been involved too   

Why  ? 

Why would all the friends need to have been aware of it and be complicit  in a cover up  ?

Dunno. I think the idea that they would have done started here:

Luz

We are on probation
        View Profile
        Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Does anyone really believe for a second that the Tapas 7 could maintain a story?
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 02:29:14 PM »

Quote from: Angelo222 on May 15, 2013, 12:47:12 PM

Does anyone really believe for a second that the Tapas 7 could maintain a story and a cover up for 6 years?

This is where the conspiracists theories fall down.  No group of people put in such a situation have ever been able to maintain an accord of silence and in the end one or more always speak out.

Considering that all of them were more or less neglectful of their children and some could be indicted also, keeping a secret is the minimum they could do - if in fact there were no adults with the children. Because in that case there would be a further reason to keep quiet.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=1563.msg46351#msg46351

icabodcrane

Well, feel free to present your theory then, if you have one, that explains HOW the parents are responsible, with or without the help of friends.

I am responding to the theory that is being purported here, on this thread ...  that all the tapas friends would, necessarily,  have to be aware and complicit if the McCanns had something to do with their child's disappearance

Why would they  have  to be ?

Offline Mrs. B

Because it would have been impossible for them to do it themselves given known facts. As  the public prosecutor pointed out in his legal summary.

Redblossom

I do not understand the premise being made here  ...  that in order for the McCanns to have been involved in their child's disappearance, it would be necessary for all other members of the tapas group to have been involved too   

Why  ? 

Why would all the friends need to have been aware of it and be complicit  in a cover up  ?

its a pathetic theory, assumption, statement etc

icabodcrane

Because it would have been impossible for them to do it themselves given known facts. As  the public prosecutor pointed out in his legal summary.

The Prosecutor said that ?! 

....   that the McCanns could only be involved if every one of the tapas group were involved also  ?

I'm sure he didn't

Offline Mrs. B

No, his exact words, if I recall correctly, was "with the help of whom".

icabodcrane

If we are working on assumptions,  we could assume that the  'help'  came from just one of the tapas friends then   ?  ...  or two perhaps ? 

Which changes the composition  of the thread premise markedly

All seven friends  being aware and complicit is as unlikely enough as  to be almost inconceivable   ...  but just one or two others  sharing a dark and terrible secret  ? 

That is not quite so unfathomable

AnneGuedes

If we are working on assumptions,  we could assume that the  'help'  came from just one of the tapas friends then   ?  ...  or two perhaps ? 

All seven friends  being aware and complicit is as unlikely enough as  to be almost inconceivable   ...  but just one or two others  sharing a dark and terrible secret  ? 

"whom" is interrogative, not relative.

Offline Angelo222

The McCanns would have needed the entire group to be in on it from the beginning if there was anything suspicious or illegal going on?  Had they not been in on it, it would only have taken one person to spill the beans for it all to fall apart big style.  All said and done a conspiracy between the tapas 9 is a highly unlikely scenario in my opinion.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mrs. B

On the contrary, it's entirely unfathomable from my point of view, if I thought any of my friends were capable of being so utterly morally corrupt as to agree to cover up the death of a child for the benefit of another friend, I certainly wouldn't want them anywhere near me & they certainly would not be friends of mine anymore. Who on earth would even WANT friends like that?

Offline Benice

The McCanns would have needed the entire group to be in on it from the beginning if there was anything suspicious or illegal going on?  Had they not been in on it, it would only have taken one person to spill the beans for it all to fall apart big style.  All said and done a conspiracy between the tapas 9 is a highly unlikely scenario in my opinion.

I agree.  If you were to ask any sceptic whether they would agree to become accessories to the crime of aiding and abetting the disposal of a dead child, they would say 'No way!'  - and so why would they think that 7 other perfectly normal, ordinary people would be any different to them.   Especially as some of them were not even close friends of the McCanns.s   
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

icabodcrane

Why though ?

Why would the entire group  have to have been 'in on it'  ?

What is your reasoning for coming to that conclusion  ?

AnneGuedes

If you were to ask any sceptic whether they would agree to become accessories to the crime of aiding and abetting the disposal of a dead child, they would say 'No way!'  - and so why would they think that 7 other perfectly normal, ordinary people would be any different to them.   Especially as some of them were not even close friends of the McCanns.s
Benice, why are you so sure a "sceptic" would say "no way !" ? I wouldn't say so. Does it prove I'm not a "sceptic" ?

Offline Mrs. B

Once again we can take guidance from the AG's legal summary

On the other hand, it also results that none of the parents was inside the apartment when Madeleine disappeared and that their behaviour until the moment of the disappearance was perfectly normal, not manifesting any kind of preoccupation or any other similar feeling, contrary to what happened after that moment when the state of panic was notorious.

So, we know that the McCann went through their daily routine acting exactly as they previously had, showing no signs of stress, turmoil or odd behaviour. In fact nobody has given any reason or raised any concerns about suspicious goings on with regard to the McCann or anyone else within their group of friends. Quite the opposite, they are described by staff, waiters, etc who came in contact with them over the week as a happy, carefree bunch of people enjoying their holiday.

I agree with the AG. The documented behaviour of the so called Tapas friends & the McCann is simply not consistent with the suggestion that they (as a group or individually) were in the process of covering up a major crime involving the death of one of their children.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 07:51:27 AM by Mrs. B »