Author Topic: Jose Carlos Fernandes da Silva, Driver  (Read 52343 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Jose Carlos Fernandes da Silva, Driver
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2014, 11:40:16 AM »
There are other details, don’t know if you have been writing about. For example Bernardino, the another driver, was questioned by Polícia Judiciária, because he made a phone call on My 3, 2007, from Praia da Luz, when he lived in Lagos and he must be not at work at the time (see Vol II Pages 372-373 and Vol XV Pages 4114-4115) .

Bernardino explained later to the Express: “On that night I was asked to do some driving because the man who was supposed to do the driving did not arrive at work. I remember ringing my wife and telling her I would be late home that night.” (See http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/458798/Apartment-key-theft-cover-up-by-resort-staff-in-Madeleine-McCann-case).

The man who did not go to work was Jose Carlos (see Vol III Pages 679-680). There is no mention of his absence in the PJ files, neither Jose Carlos mentioned it nor any Ocean Club manager mentioned it.

Thanks Heri.

Any idea which PT paper said this:

A Portuguese newspaper reported last week that police were particularly interested in a driver at the Ocean Club who dropped guests at the apartments after they arrived from Faro airport.

The man said: “On that night I was asked to do some driving because the man who was supposed to do the driving did not arrive at work. I remember ringing my wife and telling her I would be late home that night.”

It may or may not be true, but would certainly seem to be a loose end to be checked out.

Offline jassi

« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2014, 11:53:21 AM »
Thanks Heri.

Any idea which PT paper said this:

A Portuguese newspaper reported last week that police were particularly interested in a driver at the Ocean Club who dropped guests at the apartments after they arrived from Faro airport.

The man said: “On that night I was asked to do some driving because the man who was supposed to do the driving did not arrive at work. I remember ringing my wife and telling her I would be late home that night.”

It may or may not be true, but would certainly seem to be a loose end to be checked out.

Knowing how thorough SY is reputed to be in their investigations, is there any reason to imagine that this had not been done?
If I remember rightly, there were a number of other Portuguese nationals interviewed at the same time as the 4 arguidos .
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline sadie

« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2014, 11:56:22 AM »

Knowing how thorough SY is reputed to be in their investigations, is there any reason to imagine that this had not been done?
If I remember rightly, there were a number of other Portuguese nationals interviewed at the same time as the 4 arguidos .
Why would national newspapers be interviewed?  Is that normal police activity?

I dont understand.  Can you help Jassi?

Offline Carana

« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2014, 12:02:21 PM »

I don't know how SY could have checked this out without going through the ILOR route, unless the PJ also wanted to check it out.

The tabloids seem to have been mainly interested in who was going to be named as arguidos, quite possibly as the term has sensationalistic connotations.

Offline jassi

« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2014, 12:06:06 PM »
I don't know how SY could have checked this out without going through the ILOR route, unless the PJ also wanted to check it out.

The tabloids seem to have been mainly interested in who was going to be named as arguidos, quite possibly as the term has sensationalistic connotations.

Indeed. We really have no idea what questions may have been asked of the other people questioned that week.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2014, 03:32:21 PM »

If the objective is to find out what happened to Madeleine and apprehend those responsible it is a shame that more effort hasn't been made to cut through the attendant red tape which surrounds international working.

IMO it is a waste of time and resources to have inquiries running in parallel even if relations between the two forces are excellent.  The obvious thing to do is to set up a Joint Investigation Team (JIT) which would be a more efficient use of time by cutting the necessity of sending of letters for everything.
One can imagine it sometimes cuts the flow of an investigation as for example when the Met had to wait to see if their request to search the homes of suspects and have DNA samples taken was allowed.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Carana

« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2014, 10:13:10 PM »
If the objective is to find out what happened to Madeleine and apprehend those responsible it is a shame that more effort hasn't been made to cut through the attendant red tape which surrounds international working.

IMO it is a waste of time and resources to have inquiries running in parallel even if relations between the two forces are excellent.  The obvious thing to do is to set up a Joint Investigation Team (JIT) which would be a more efficient use of time by cutting the necessity of sending of letters for everything.
One can imagine it sometimes cuts the flow of an investigation as for example when the Met had to wait to see if their request to search the homes of suspects and have DNA samples taken was allowed.

I know. From the outside, it seems totally mystifying that a JIT wasn't established. However, sifting through some Europol documents a few years ago (not necessarily JIT-related), I got the impression that there were all kinds of background issues involved in trying to promote and facilitate police cooperation between European countries.

It may still be quite rare in practice and PT might require a specific legal provision to enable one to be set up (if one exists, I haven't come across it).

Offline bros

« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2014, 11:36:54 PM »
since this guy was paging with the mobile to Ricca. whenever someone from the group was ready to check the children I assume he was at tapas or nearby for warning where he had a clear view of the group and the street.My theory  someone lifted Maddy from the bed and the other was waiting on the window to take her .
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 11:39:17 PM by bros »

Offline sadie

« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2014, 12:48:53 AM »
since this guy was paging with the mobile to Ricca. whenever someone from the group was ready to check the children I assume he was at tapas or nearby for warning where he had a clear view of the group and the street.My theory  someone lifted Maddy from the bed and the other was waiting on the window to take her .

Welcome bros.

Your theory is a bit like mine, but I dont think the window was used to pass Madeleine thru.  Amaral stated that no-one went thru that window, no scuff marks, fibres etc. 

I think it was opened possibly for one of these reasons:

1)  An instant escape route if trapped
2)  A means of giving moral support to the person that lifted Madeleine and to communicate
3)  Seems drugs were administerd, or something done to render Madeleine unconscious, so maybe he passed the necessary through
4)  To waft away the scent of any drugs (chloroform?)
5)  To give a little natural light to the room.  THere had been a full moon the night before, but I dont think the moon had risen enough at that time to give any illumination to the scene..  I doubt much light would have come from the street lamps, because the foliage of the trees was very dense
6)  To give a false impression that the window was used, because if everyone knew the door had been used then people with some attachment to OC would be scrutinised.  I think someone with  links to OC was involved
7)  To give the impression that Madeleine had wakened and wandered
8)  To see if anyone was coming via the front, so the lifter could scarper.

Guess there are loads more reasons that I have never thought of ... so that list is just for starters.

I think the front door was used, in and out, probably using a key.

You are more up to date than me, cos I doubted that mobiles were used, but SY seem interested in them so seems quite likely I was wrong on that.  I based my previous thoughts on the fact that mobiles can be identified, but maybe the PJ didn't go into the investigative depth that SY seem to have done.

If you are interested there is a thread about my theory, called Sadie's' Theory.  It has been a good deal  truncated and altered,  but much of it is still intact

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=1327.0

Have you thought of putting up an alternative theory ?

Sherlock did, bless her and Heriberto did too.  Pathfinder keeps having a go and Pegasus too.  Maybe others?   Would be good to have a variety

Offline bros

« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2014, 10:49:28 AM »
my theory is that the person lifting Madeleine from bed and hand exchanging her with the person from outside the window never went through window with the girl he went back from where he came couple of times in and out between 8;30 and 9;10.

Lets wait and see my  conclusion is that Scotland and Porto police from what I read last couple of months are implementing great strategy its not only what we see and hear.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 10:54:04 PM by Mr Moderator »

Offline sadie

« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2014, 11:04:26 AM »
my theory is that the person lifting Madeleine from bed and hand exchanging her with the person from outside the window never went through window with the girl he went back from where he came couple of times in and out between 8;30 and 9;10.

Lets wait and see my  conclusion is that Scotland and Porto police from what I read last couple of months are implementing great strategy its not only what we see and hear.

Exactly ! 8@??)(  It's not only what we see and hear.

The time for the perp to be worried is when SY and Porto Police go quiet.  That is when they are going over things, analysing and  progressing and forming their next strategic investigation.

It's coming along nicely, I think.

Offline bros

« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2014, 12:14:24 PM »
1.I don't think parents had anything to do with kidnapping.

2. the kidnapping 'Porto crew' had bellow average iq and experience to carry such operation but they did it anyway they will be all caught .

Offline bros

« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2014, 05:15:35 PM »
Former Ocean Club driver is suspect in McCann case

Jose Carlos da Silva, 28, used to drive guests to their apartments once they had been ferried to the Ocean Club headquarters in Luz from airports, writes James Murray.
He formerly lived in an apartment block overlooking the Ocean Club but has since moved to a nearby run-down flat...

...We understand that on May 3 2007 there was mobile phone communication between him and a second arguido, Ricardo Rodrigues, at about the time that Madeleine left a creche somewhere near 5.30pm.

It is further alleged that at about 9.25pm he also sent a text to the younger man.

Police say this was around the time that two of the McCann holiday group left the tapas bar at the Ocean Club to check on the children sleeping in apartments nearby.

Further communication on their mobiles came at 9.38pm, around the time that another member of the holiday group went to check on the children.

A short time later there was another mobile call between the men, around the time Kate McCann went to the apartment and discovered that Madeleine, then three, was missing.

text
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/488488/Former-Ocean-Club-driver-is-suspect-in-McCann-case

Offline jassi

« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2014, 05:21:39 PM »
Former Ocean Club driver is suspect in McCann case

Jose Carlos da Silva, 28, used to drive guests to their apartments once they had been ferried to the Ocean Club headquarters in Luz from airports, writes James Murray.
He formerly lived in an apartment block overlooking the Ocean Club but has since moved to a nearby run-down flat...

...We understand that on May 3 2007 there was mobile phone communication between him and a second arguido, Ricardo Rodrigues, at about the time that Madeleine left a creche somewhere near 5.30pm.

It is further alleged that at about 9.25pm he also sent a text to the younger man.

Police say this was around the time that two of the McCann holiday group left the tapas bar at the Ocean Club to check on the children sleeping in apartments nearby.

Further communication on their mobiles came at 9.38pm, around the time that another member of the holiday group went to check on the children.

A short time later there was another mobile call between the men, around the time Kate McCann went to the apartment and discovered that Madeleine, then three, was missing.

text
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/488488/Former-Ocean-Club-driver-is-suspect-in-McCann-case

We understand  -  it is further alleged.

The sort of definitive and reliable reporting we have come to expect from the Express.

Or maybe not -

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2014, 05:30:53 PM »

We understand  -  it is further alleged.

The sort of definitive and reliable reporting we have come to expect from the Express.

He worked for the OC, lived nearby, drove a bus & owned a phone (which he had the audacity to use on May 3rd 2007) the b.........

It was 'im wot dunnit.

I bet he smells like stale aftershave & wears a burgundy sweatshirt.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.