Author Topic: Oprah Winfrey Interview  (Read 8703 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Oprah Winfrey Interview
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2017, 07:49:44 PM »
As a third party we can say JT said she saw a man, we can't state it as a fact, especially given her inability to produce a Photofit.

It was nothing to do with Inability.  She only saw his profile, and The PJ couldn't do profiles.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2017, 07:57:27 PM »
It was nothing to do with Inability.  She only saw his profile, and The PJ couldn't do profiles.

Can you show us the cite for that?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2017, 08:03:17 PM »
Can you show us the cite for that?

No.  But it's on here somewhere.

Offline sadie

« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2017, 12:07:46 AM »
To put a full face image on that picture of Tannerman would have been stupid, if Jane didn't see his face properly.   Much better to show what she did see properly and leave the face blank.

The drawing was very good because it showed a type of person, his characteristics and his vigorous movement.  it also showed his hair and his clothes.   Anyone who had seen that man in  motion would recognise him from these things, IMO

Offline Innominate

« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2017, 07:55:37 AM »
Witnesses are pretty unreliable.

In my opinion, the JT sighting was nothing more than a potential sighting - not a certain fact; it was not corroborated by other witnesses.

In addition, there is a question mark over whether the person in the alleged JT sighting could have broken into the apartment (raising the shutters without being heard by GMcC and JW), removed MBM from the apartment and navigated the car park in the time available after GMcC left the apartment and the time JT made the sighting.

A reconstruction would have helped clarify this point.

This does not mean the JT sighting should be ignored, but treating it as something more than a potential sighting to be eliminated could have prevented other sightings, such as the Smith sighting, being reported.

In my view, as soon as possible, there should have been a simple media appeal for any sighting of a child being carried in Luz around 9 to 11pm that evening.

That media appeal should have encouraged anyone who may have been carrying a child to come forward for elimination purposes.

In my view an impression that the JT sighting was, in fact, the abductor was to be avoided, because it may have discouraged people coming forward for elimination purposes and/or reporting sightings.

AIMHO

Offline Brietta

« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2017, 10:06:11 AM »

In my opinion, the JT sighting was nothing more than a potential sighting - not a certain fact; it was not corroborated by other witnesses.

In addition, there is a question mark over whether the person in the alleged JT sighting could have broken into the apartment (raising the shutters without being heard by GMcC and JW), removed MBM from the apartment and navigated the car park in the time available after GMcC left the apartment and the time JT made the sighting.

This does not mean the JT sighting should be ignored, but treating it as something more than a potential sighting to be eliminated could have prevented other sightings, such as the Smith sighting, being reported.

In my view, as soon as possible, there should have been a simple media appeal for any sighting of a child being carried in Luz around 9 to 11pm that evening.

That media appeal should have encouraged anyone who may have been carrying a child to come forward for elimination purposes.

In my view an impression that the JT sighting was, in fact, the abductor was to be avoided, because it may have discouraged people coming forward for elimination purposes and/or reporting sightings.

AIMHO

A prize winning dog about the size of a three year old child is reported missing from a ground floor apartment.  A man is seen walking briskly away from the scene carrying a bundle.
The dog owner returns to find the dog missing and the window open.  Think about it ... also think about the documented reluctance of the Policia Judiciaria to release any information at all ... not even that which might have assisted the investigation in finding Madeleine.

Praia da Luz was a hive of media activity after Madeleine's disappearance ... I believe Hugo Beaty's featured as a busy hub for journalists.  It is only recently that I discovered that Hugo Beaty's is situated in the Estrela da Luz holiday complex where the Smith family were holidaying in their apartment.

Your suggestion that "...  as soon as possible, there should have been a simple media appeal for any sighting of a child being carried in Luz around 9 to 11pm that evening." might very well have had an effect on jogging their memory of that event just a little bit sooner.

It has to be remembered that Jane Tanner reported her sighting to the police at the earliest opportunity ... and it is easy to make the assumption as I did, that the Smiths did likewise ... they did not.
Their sighting was not reported until a fortnight after the event.

Had the police alerted the public, along the lines you suggest, by holding a press conference asking for information I think it possible the Smiths would have responded, but as we are continually reminded, that is not how the PJ operates.
Your post has illustrated an occasion when that 'Judicial Secrecy' was a definite obstacle to finding Madeleine. 
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 10:09:53 AM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline sadie

« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2017, 01:03:48 PM »

AIMHO

So where has my well researched post gone, showing the Cutting Edge Video and Janes very obvious distress at not having realised that the child being carried by the man she witnessed walking away may well have been Madeleine ?

http://youtu.be/atfDV7imHHY

@12.25 .

Also I suggest that you watch from 9.20 and 10.10 where Jane very forcefully corrects Gerrys memory failing.

Jane Tanner is not a woman who sits at home all day watching the soaps.  She is a clever and observant woman, who holds a very responsible post and is as straight as a die IMO.#

Ample time, especially if directed by someone who was watching (likely from the balcony on block 6 opposite). 
I am mobility impaired and i have tried doing it myself and I could do it all easily in less than 2 minutes.

Why dont you measure it out, use the necessary additional moves and see how long it takes you?   i have assumed that Madeleine was passed over the wall of pathway of 5A from the lifter to Tannerman.

But it could still be done easily by one person in under 2 minutes.

These times are FACTS