Author Topic: Discussion of points raised in Danny Collins' book Vanished ...  (Read 43298 times)

Offline sadie

Re: Discussion of points raised in Danny Collins' book Vanished ...
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2017, 07:14:00 PM »
Now we are just into Chapter 2 "Looking for Zebras"   page 13 he mentions a night security guard manning the secondary reception entrance.  I never seen anyone mention that the reception entrance was controlled  nor a statement from that guard.  Has anyone got an insight on that task?
There was no guard the evening that we ate there Rob, but it was deathly quiet. 

There was a desk placed in the corner facing the entrance but no one manned it.  Not to say that this was the case on other evenings.

Offline sadie

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2017, 07:16:39 PM »
To Danny's credit he does raise a good point in Chapter 12 "Blood and Fluids" page 96, where he points out that there were  no enquires into who had rented the Renault Scenic prior to the McCanns hiring it.  I would imagine that was done but was it?
Enquiries should have been made but as the dogs alerts amounted to nothing, it seems that it doesn't matter any more.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2017, 07:21:10 PM »
Another gem that Danny Collins makes is on page 118 Chapter 15 "Flight of the Imagination"  where he puts up his own scenario of what could have happened, the point being that if an intruder entered via the patio doors they would lock them once inside to give them valuable time to escape if someone else turned up.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2017, 07:22:45 PM »
Enquiries should have been made but as the dogs alerts amounted to nothing, it seems that it doesn't matter any more.
It still matters to me.  I have not heard that they have found Madeleine as yet.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2017, 07:26:36 PM »
To Danny's credit he does raise a good point in Chapter 12 "Blood and Fluids" page 96, where he points out that there were  no enquires into who had rented the Renault Scenic prior to the McCanns hiring it.  I would imagine that was done but was it?
Further on the hire car is mentioned again Chapter 16 " Forensics and Cuddle Cat"  he mentions people's comments as to why the Scenic was not impounded as crucial evidence.
Moderation

Offline misty

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2017, 07:32:08 PM »
Now we are just into Chapter 2 "Looking for Zebras"   page 13 he mentions a night security guard manning the secondary reception entrance.  I never seen anyone mention that the reception entrance was controlled  nor a statement from that guard.  Has anyone got an insight on that task?

Possibly someone from this group, Rob. They did operate back in 2007.
http://guardasnocturnos.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/night-guard-guarda-nocturno.html

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2017, 07:37:07 PM »
In Gerry's blog did he really write what is quoted in the book "Vanished"  "Anyone who knows anything about 3 May knows that Kate is completely innocent." Chapter 21 "Seismic Shifts" p.. 180.

It appears to be confirmed on several sites http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1562421/Madeleine-McCanns-mother-fears-charge.html

How could Gerry know for certain what Kate had done when they are not together?
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2017, 09:03:28 PM »

There was no forensic evidence which confirmed the dog's alerts, but that doesn't mean they amounted to nothing. Dog alerts can be proved to be right at a later date.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2017, 09:14:10 PM »
There was no forensic evidence which confirmed the dog's alerts, but that doesn't mean they amounted to nothing. Dog alerts can be proved to be right at a later date.

This sounds like desperation.

Offline John

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2017, 09:24:49 PM »

Not on the night Madeleine disappeared otherwise they would have been crucial to the investigattion and the first contact for the police.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2017, 10:14:06 PM »
This sounds like desperation.

I deal in facts, not beliefs.

1976 Eugene Zapata murders his wife.
2005 Cadaver dogs alert to his property.
2008 He finally confesses.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline sadie

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2017, 11:31:21 PM »
Any suggestions how ?

Offline sadie

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2017, 11:34:03 PM »
Not on the night Madeleine disappeared otherwise they would have been crucial to the investigattion and the first contact for the police.
8((()*/ I think you must be right, John .... but we cant be sure, can we?

Offline John

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2017, 11:43:22 PM »
8((()*/ I think you must be right, John .... but we cant be sure, can we?

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the guard was a multi tasker and not full time.  Had there been a guard on duty the night Madeleine disappeared surely they would have been pro active.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2017, 01:56:55 AM »
I seem to recall reading somewhere that the guard was a multi tasker and not full time.  Had there been a guard on duty the night Madeleine disappeared surely they would have been pro active.
OK so it has been mentioned. 
Moderation