Author Topic: Maddie case funding. McCanns anxiously await news from Scotland Yard.  (Read 40739 times)

Offline sadie

Re: Maddie case funding. McCanns anxiously await news from Scotland Yard.
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 11:45:41 AM »
Operation Grange is working in support of the Portuguese investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. If any charges are brought it will be unlikely to be the UK police who bring them or the UK courts who try someone. Perhaps it's time to start choosing which hat looks the tastiest.
What about if the man were British or had dual nationality?

stephen25000

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2017, 12:00:49 PM »
Oh, I have already chosen it.  A Carmen Miranda type hat, I like fruit  ?{)(** and it would look very pretty to wear  8**8:/:
 *&*%£

Seriously there is a reason why I am inclined to stick my neck out and make this prediction.   I fully realise that I could be wrong, but  .......

So Sadie, as an accompaniment, would you prefer Maple syrup or Chocolate Sauce. @)(++(*

Offline sadie

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2017, 12:18:06 PM »
So Sadie, as an accompaniment, would you prefer Maple syrup or Chocolate Sauce. @)(++(*
Diabetic

Are you trying to kill me?  8**8:/:

stephen25000

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2017, 12:36:34 PM »
Diabetic

Are you trying to kill me?  8**8:/:

You can try the Fructose based alternatives. 8((()*/

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2017, 01:15:36 PM »
What about if the man were British or had dual nationality?

CPS:
Resolving jurisdictional conflicts
Where the offence occurred on a single territory

Generally, an offence will only be triable in the jurisdiction in which the offence takes place, unless there is a specific provision to ground jurisdiction, for instance where specific statutes enable the UK to exercise extra-territorial jurisdiction:

sexual offences against children (section 72 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003) A new section 72 was substituted by the Criminal Justice and Immigration Act 2008 which came into effect from 14 July 2008 onwards. It is important to ensure that any prosecution is brought under the provision in force at the time the alleged conduct occured as the terms of the substantive provisions and details of the offences they cover are not identical;
    murder and manslaughter (subsection 9 and 10 of the Offences Against the Person Act 1861)
    fraud (the 2006 Act imposes extra territorial jurisdiction in respect od offences in subsection. 1, 6, 7, 9 and 11 of the Fraud Act 2006) and dishonesty (Criminal Justice Act 1993 Part 1 still applies to the remaining unrepealed sections of the Theft Act 1968);
    terrorism (subsection 59, 62-63 of the Terrorism Act 2000 and section 17 of the Terrorism Act 2006);
    bribery (The Bribery Act 2010 repeals the common law and the statutory offences of corruption for offences committed wholly on or after 1 July 2011. For those offences the Bribery Act imposes extra-territorial jurisdiction. Section 109 of the Anti-Terrorism and Security Act 2001 still applies to provide extre-territorial jurisdiction in respect of offences committed wholly or partially before 1 July 2011.

For a list of particular offences with an extra-territorial reach see Archbold .

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/Vict/24-25/100/section/9
http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/h_to_k/jurisdiction/
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2017, 01:26:16 PM »
I see the authority for Mr Brunt's piece is the inevitable and ubquitous "Source".
I wonder about his source:

"Cette sauce de haute qualite est un mélange varié des machinations de son esprit trop fertile".

Those true book worms amongst you, who like me learned French by reading sauce bottles will recognise the bit in bold I am sure.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline John

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2017, 10:49:39 PM »
I see the authority for Mr Brunt's piece is the inevitable and ubquitous "Source".
I wonder about his source:

"Cette sauce de haute qualite est un mélange varié des machinations de son esprit trop fertile".

Those true book worms amongst you, who like me learned French by reading sauce bottles will recognise the bit in bold I am sure.

Saurce for the goose and all that?   8(0(*
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 05:16:52 PM by Angelo222 »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline sadie

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2017, 11:25:24 PM »
Saurce for the goose and all that?   8(0(*
Oh it's just one of Alices Hot Pot saucy jokes, John.
Probably before your time!

He likes his little jokes.   Take no notice, John

Offline John

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2017, 12:13:38 AM »
'We still have work to do’ Madeleine McCann police vow to continue search

DETECTIVES searching for Madeleine McCann have vowed to “see the investigation through” and said: “It’s not finished until it’s finished.”

They will not stop their inquiry until they have conclusively established what happened to her, insiders said.

A source said: ‘‘The detectives are trying with as much energy as they did when Operation Grange started in 2011 to see this through and find her.

“That is all they can do. Their view on how long that will take is that it will only be finished when it is finished. They still have work to do and while that is the case they will carry on.

“There is no sense of wanting to throw in the towel.”

It emerged last week that senior Yard officers are considering a further request for six months of financial support from the Home Office, even though current funding does not run out until the end of next month.

Policing minister Mike Penning is expected to agree to further funding, costing around £90,000, but as he is relatively new in the job sources suggest he wants to know specific details of where the investigation is going and how close the Yard is to solving the mystery.

Mr Penning’s predecessor, Brandon Lewis, was fully supportive of the Yard’s efforts and was well briefed on the case, but senior officers know they are now dealing with a new minister and will have to give a fuller account of how the Home Office’s £11million has been spent so far and why more money is needed.

While the funding issue will be addressed in the coming weeks, sources say Kate and Gerry McCann are impressed by the continued commitment of the Yard team, headed by Detective Chief Superintendent Nicola Wall.

Read more...

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/846274/madeleine-mccain-missing-police-search-scotland-yard-portugal-latest-news

A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2017, 12:55:58 AM »

DETECTIVES searching for Madeleine McCann have vowed to “see the investigation through” and said: “It’s not finished until it’s finished.”

They will not stop their inquiry until they have conclusively established what happened to her, insiders said.

A source said: ‘‘The detectives are trying with as much energy as they did when Operation Grange started in 2011 to see this through and find her.

“That is all they can do. Their view on how long that will take is that it will only be finished when it is finished. They still have work to do and while that is the case they will carry on.

It emerged last week that senior Yard officers are considering a further request for six months of financial support from the Home Office, even though current funding does not run out until the end of next month.

Policing minister Mike Penning is expected to agree to further funding, costing around £90,000, but as he is relatively new in the job sources suggest he wants to know specific details of where the investigation is going and how close the Yard is to solving the mystery.

Mr Penning’s predecessor, Brandon Lewis, was fully supportive of the Yard’s efforts and was well briefed on the case, but senior officers know they are now dealing with a new minister and will have to give a fuller account of how the Home Office’s £11million has been spent so far and why more money is needed.

While the funding issue will be addressed in the coming weeks, sources say Kate and Gerry McCann are impressed by the continued commitment of the Yard team, headed by Detective Chief Superintendent Nicola Wall.

Read more...

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/846274/madeleine-mccain-missing-police-search-scotland-yard-portugal-latest-news

Thanks for that John.

I would have been amazed if there had been any question that the minister would not have been fully briefed before agreeing to hand over taxpayers money ... at the end of the day he has to make the decision and be able to justify it.
Good news though that the police want to continue.

Does anyone remember Sonia Poulton?  Apparently she has a documentary?  Should be interesting.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2017, 12:58:52 AM »

Read more...

So no official source for the funding story and senior SY detectives are now only, apparently, considering asking for more funding. You really couldn't make this up......oh wait !!
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

stephen25000

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2017, 02:50:33 AM »
Ah sources yet again.

Yet who is the source this time.

Mmm.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2017, 02:58:04 AM »
Ah sources yet again.

Yet who is the source this time.

Mmm.

Time will tell.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2017, 07:06:39 PM »
Metropolitan police asks for MORE money to continue its probe into disappearance of Madeleine McCann

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4862592/Met-police-asks-money-Madeleine-McCann-probe.html#ixzz4s17VWT40

If the police think continuing the search for Madeleine is a viable proposition ... I can't see the Home Office refusing.

I think there will be a wailing and gnashing of teeth though, not to mention frustration ... comments in the newspaper are being moderated in advance.

stephen25000

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2017, 07:15:20 PM »
Metropolitan police asks for MORE money to continue its probe into disappearance of Madeleine McCann

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4862592/Met-police-asks-money-Madeleine-McCann-probe.html#ixzz4s17VWT40

If the police think continuing the search for Madeleine is a viable proposition ... I can't see the Home Office refusing.

I think there will be a wailing and gnashing of teeth though, not to mention frustration ... comments in the newspaper are being moderated in advance.

Indeed, more money which could be spent elsewhere on dwindling police funds.