Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 138001 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #210 on: August 21, 2018, 05:45:54 PM »
Who really would like to be on the receiving end of you regularly dispensed withering contempt andd occasional obscenity?

Who would really care?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #211 on: August 21, 2018, 05:50:08 PM »
Who would really care?
Well I doubt you would let it stand if you were on the receiving end would you?  It would be deleted in seconds and penalty points issued in a jiffy, ergo you would really care, obviously.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #212 on: August 21, 2018, 05:57:15 PM »
We can be quite strong in our condemnation of others behaviour without crossing the bounds of legality.

It all comes down to whether you are commenting on a person or their actions.

Hate is a very strong comment to use to the parents of a missing child.
Even if in the context of  their baby sitting arrangements.
I assume that would be what Brenda was condemning.
I still don't understand the hatred.

Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #213 on: August 21, 2018, 06:00:17 PM »
Hate is a very strong comment to use to the parents of a missing child.
Even if in the context of  their baby sitting arrangements.
I assume that would be what Brenda was condemning.
I still don't understand the hatred.

Can you cite this hate?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #214 on: August 21, 2018, 06:01:41 PM »
IMO if Brenda had been contrite & apologised (on camera at the time)  for any hurt her words may have caused to the McCanns or other individuals then it is probable she would not have been the subject of rolling footage. Her defiant attitude  in appearing to not accept she had done anything wrong was her undoing imo & why she was made an example of. Had she been charged, the exchange with Brunt would have been used as further evidence against her.

But she wasn't charged, she wasn't even investigated.  She was an innocent woman who had very strong views on the McCann case. Just wtf Martin Brunt thought he was doing is beyond me. He must feel such a fool now at being used as a tool by supporters.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #215 on: August 21, 2018, 06:03:24 PM »
Anyone who contacts someone’s place of work out of spite is to be comdemned utterly, and as I’m sure you are already aware this has also happened to McCann supporters.  Don’t ask for cites as I’m not prepared to drag up anciemt history and would have to name names.  I’m sure you know I’m right however.  It’s all incredibly childish behaviour IMO.

I must say I agree totally with you Alf, it is extremely childish.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #216 on: August 21, 2018, 06:05:10 PM »
IMO if Brenda had been contrite & apologised (on camera at the time)  for any hurt her words may have caused to the McCanns or other individuals then it is probable she would not have been the subject of rolling footage. Her defiant attitude  in appearing to not accept she had done anything wrong was her undoing imo & why she was made an example of. Had she been charged, the exchange with Brunt would have been used as further evidence against her.

If Brunt had approached me he would have gotten his microphone shoved down his throat.  But then he only approaches soft targets.  Sky has quite the reputation for bullying reporters like Alex Crawford and Lisa Holland.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 06:16:20 PM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #217 on: August 21, 2018, 06:08:25 PM »
Can you cite this hate?

I read Buzzfeed the deleted tweets of .........then her user name.
I "hate" cruelty, liars,those who profit from an others tragedy, ergo my "hate for Kate and "Gerry" is justified.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #218 on: August 21, 2018, 06:09:43 PM »
I must say I agree totally with you Alf, it is extremely childish.

I don’t think anyone would disagree.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #219 on: August 21, 2018, 06:09:52 PM »

As an aside ... she had 'friends' on twitter.  Did any perhaps contact her either with support when she was 'outed' or condemnation for not making a better case?
Or was this fragile and perhaps desperately lonely woman ignored.

Did her "friends" on twitter know who she was (what her name was and where she lived) and I remember reading that she didn't read her twitter from the day Martin Brunt visited her so how would they get in touch with her?

Could you let me know how they could have done so please Brietta.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 06:13:21 PM by Sunny »
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #220 on: August 21, 2018, 06:22:32 PM »
I don’t think anyone would disagree.
Brenda’s mistake was getting swept along on a twitter tidal wave of childish spite, where she seemed rather gleeful at the prospect of someone’s employer being contacted.  What turns perfectly nice respectable people into such nasty online personas?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #221 on: August 21, 2018, 06:26:24 PM »
Brenda’s mistake was getting swept along on a twitter tidal wave of childish spite, where she seemed rather gleeful at the prospect of someone’s employer being contacted.  What turns perfectly nice respectable people into such nasty online personas?

So do you believe the person that threatened to contact Gartnavel Hospital and attempt to ruin a young girl’s career should have been doorstepped too ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #222 on: August 21, 2018, 06:32:43 PM »
I read Buzzfeed the deleted tweets of .........then her user name.
I "hate" cruelty, liars,those who profit from an others tragedy, ergo my "hate for Kate and "Gerry" is justified.

Did you notice the quotation marks?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #223 on: August 21, 2018, 06:33:18 PM »
So do you believe the person that threatened to contact Gartnavel Hospital and attempt to ruin a young girl’s career should have been doorstepped too ?
No, I think they should have been put in stocks and had rotten fruit thrown at them.  That’d learn ‘em!!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #224 on: August 21, 2018, 06:36:01 PM »
No, I think they should have been put in stocks and had rotten fruit thrown at them.  That’d learn ‘em!!

But the most Brenda seems to have done proactively is laugh at another tweeters outing and she was doorstepped. Surely actually outing, wrongly, a young professional and perhaps ruining her career deserves at least the same treatment?