Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 137996 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #600 on: August 23, 2018, 02:17:18 PM »
So I have not used the word hate...and not directed any hatred towards Brenda... As you have implied... Like others, you take my posts out if context but none talk of hate

The irony of all of this is Brenda did tweet about her hatred for the parents of a missing child.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Gertrude

« Reply #601 on: August 23, 2018, 02:21:43 PM »
Just because something is not unlawful  does not mean it isn't wrong... Sometimes it's the law that needs changing... Have you seen brendas tweets... She, was part of a group directing hate, towards the McCann's..  Hatred, was a word she used... That's abusive imo

'hating' someone is not against the law. You think it's 'abuse'. How far do you want it to go, no-one online is ever allowed to say they hate someone online?!

When a driver cuts another driver up and they shout an insult or swear they should be arrested? If you are against abuse why not? It would be a ridiculous notion because people are just expressing how they feel.

Yes I have read Brenda's tweets, I think they are pretty mild to be honest, she wasn't happy with what the McCanns got away with ( leaving the kids) and she was entitled to say so.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #602 on: August 23, 2018, 02:23:52 PM »
  'hating' someone is not against the law. You think it's 'abuse'. How far do you want it to go, no-one online is ever allowed to say they hate someone online?!

When a driver cuts another driver up and they shout an insult or swear they should be arrested? If you are against abuse why not? It would be a ridiculous notion because people are just expressing how they feel.

Yes I have read Brenda's tweets, I think they are pretty mild to be honest, she wasn't happy with what the McCanns got away with ( leaving the kids) and she was entitled to say so.

Being part of a, group promoting hatred online is abuse afaiac... And needs to be, stopped... Several young people have committed suicide as a result if it... So in my view the law needs, changing

Offline Gertrude

« Reply #603 on: August 23, 2018, 02:36:07 PM »
Being part of a, group promoting hatred online is abuse afaiac... And needs to be, stopped... Several young people have committed suicide as a result if it... So in my view the law needs, changing

Completely subjective again. Just view some of the comments about the McCanns online re. the last round of funding for Operation Grange. They are not popular people judging by the majority opinion. Should all those people be arrested?

People are allowed to feel hatred and express those emotions, it isn't promoting anything.  People driven to suicide are usually being directly harassed or stalked which there is already a law against, so nothing to do with opinions expressed about the McCanns.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #604 on: August 23, 2018, 02:37:42 PM »
So I have not used the word hate...and not directed any hatred towards Brenda... As you have implied... Like others, you take my posts out if context but none talk of hate

My post said I have no sympathy for those who post on-line abuse... I don't... I do have sympathy for those who suffer mental illness... In that respect I have sympathy  for Brenda

I never said you used the word hate.  I am challenging your claim that you have sympathy for Brenda when your posts display a very different view.

I told my neighbour I hate Golf... so shoot me!

Some people feel it is theor right to be loved and respected regardless of their behaviour. Let us make a comparison.

Is leaving your daughter alone everynight to be 'abducted' by a paedophile gang better or worse- than someone saying they hate you.

ummmm yeah tough one that!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline kizzy

« Reply #605 on: August 23, 2018, 02:43:38 PM »

Can you show where  I have ever said she deservedwhat she got?

Can you show the not nice posts I have made about her?

Just because someone stands firmly behind what they bee does not make that belief correct.

Just because someone stands firmly behind what they bee does not make that belief correct

No it doesn't make yours correct either -  Brenda believed in the mcns at on point .

your quote
How anyone can deny that her tweets about the family of a missing child were  obsessive and in some cases quite menacing is a puzzle to me.
I still wonder how anyone can defend this behaviour under the cloak of entitlement to free speech.
Brenda certainly had a strong belief in her own entitlement to express her own dark thoughts

Who are you really to call her obsessive and menacing ....

I for one can relate to her she didn't believe the mcns

I have said similar things my self and would object to being called menacing or obsessive.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #606 on: August 23, 2018, 02:50:04 PM »
I never said you used the word hate.  I am challenging your claim that you have sympathy for Brenda when your posts display a very different view.

I told my neighbour I hate Golf... so shoot me!

Some people feel it is theor right to be loved and respected regardless of their behaviour. Let us make a comparison.

Is leaving your daughter alone everynight to be 'abducted' by a paedophile gang better or worse- than someone saying they hate you.

ummmm yeah tough one that!

It's a very easy one... Hatred has been responsible for millions if deaths

Offline Sunny

« Reply #607 on: August 23, 2018, 02:50:40 PM »

Can I ask what you mean by your question to supporters?

I thought my post was quite clear Erngath.   
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 03:35:26 PM by Eleanor »
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #608 on: August 23, 2018, 02:52:33 PM »
I thought my post was quite clear Erngath.   

Can someone else please explain what this means?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 03:36:20 PM by Eleanor »

Offline Erngath

« Reply #609 on: August 23, 2018, 03:00:08 PM »
Just because someone stands firmly behind what they bee does not make that belief correct

No it doesn't make yours correct either -  Brenda believed in the mcns at on point .

your quote
How anyone can deny that her tweets about the family of a missing child were  obsessive and in some cases quite menacing is a puzzle to me.
I still wonder how anyone can defend this behaviour under the cloak of entitlement to free speech.
Brenda certainly had a strong belief in her own entitlement to express her own dark thoughts

Who are you really to call her obsessive and menacing ....

I for one can relate to her she didn't believe the mcns

I have said similar things my self and would object to being called menacing or obsessive.

Object all you like.
Within the much applauded and all encompassing freedom of speech which you totally adhere to I have the complete right to say that I find such behaviour obsessive and menacing

Offline kizzy

« Reply #610 on: August 23, 2018, 03:03:49 PM »
some supporters said it was  good that brenda  was  dead  on twitter and in some forums they  went   crazy with it no one better bother me with a  cite because i  wont give one  everybody  not obsessed with the mcanns welfare  saw the torrid of abuse brenda  got

Some of that abuse on here carly scroll down a bit.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/patricksmith/read-the-deleted-tweets-brenda-leyland-sent-the-mccanns?utm_term=.qidn61pAq#.hfVEZDyYx

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #611 on: August 23, 2018, 03:10:11 PM »
Right, I'm on here now and if anyone cares to post another rude comment prepare to be moderated or suspended for three days.  The mods are fed up having to clean up this mess every day so watch out!!!
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #612 on: August 23, 2018, 03:11:05 PM »
Today we can disclose some of the appalling comments sent to her. The first states: “Hoping you get beaten so bad you beg for mercy, only to have gasoline thrown on you and set ablaze.”

The next adds: “You have reached the end of your torturing campaign against the McCann family, understand.”

The third message is a direct threat against her life with the sadistic author stating: “Death is waiting and watching for u @sweepyface..Do you feel it????”

The next attack was so disgusting it is unsuitable for publication.

The last message states: “Sweepyface, we’re coming for you. Do you feel us?? The decent kind folk who pray for this family and their sad loss.You go to hell *****.”

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/169572/Mccann-troll-Brenda-Leyland-driven-to-suicide-after-twitter-death-threats
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 03:17:39 PM by slartibartfast »

Offline Erngath

« Reply #613 on: August 23, 2018, 03:12:38 PM »
Some of that abuse on here carly scroll down a bit.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/patricksmith/read-the-deleted-tweets-brenda-leyland-sent-the-mccanns?utm_term=.qidn61pAq#.hfVEZDyYx

I see that Brenda tweeted that her hate for Gerry and Kate was "justified"
This hatred she had for Kate and Gerry , a couple she had never met and had no personal experience with must have been very unhealthy for her.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #614 on: August 23, 2018, 03:13:43 PM »
Today we can disclose some of the appalling comments sent to her. The first states: “Hoping you get beaten so bad you beg for mercy, only to have gasoline thrown on you and set ablaze.”

The next adds: “You have reached the end of your torturing campaign against the McCann family, understand.”

The third message is a direct threat against her life with the sadistic author stating: “Death is waiting and watching for u @sweepyface..Do you feel it????”

The next attack was so disgusting it is unsuitable for publication.

The last message states: “Sweepyface, we’re coming for you. Do you feel us?? The decent kind folk who pray for this family and their sad loss.You go to hell *****.”

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/169572/Mccann-troll-Brenda-Leyland-driven-to-suicide-after-twitter-death-threats

Those tweets, are awful... So are you saying it was the tweets that drove her to commit suicide