Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 137992 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #825 on: August 29, 2018, 06:13:28 PM »
There would be no Madeleine forums if a significant proportion of people hadn’t decided to be outraged about the McCanns and the decisions they made in the first place.  You are a part of that, so please don’t pretend you ocupy any sort of higher ground.

Is that the reason people founded and joined forums? Outrage? News to me. I think that's just your opinion.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #826 on: August 29, 2018, 06:19:29 PM »

Tis time someone changed The Law on On Line Bullying.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #827 on: August 29, 2018, 06:22:08 PM »
Is that the reason people founded and joined forums? Outrage? News to me. I think that's just your opinion.
Think what you like.  I first joined a forum about the case because I was gobsmacked by the callous hatred being spewed towards the family of a missing child, long before they were considered suspects by most of these people spewing their bile.  They were on the whole full of righteous fury about the McCanns' child "neglect".  I thought their vile comments were OTT, and there was hardly anyone else voicing an alternative opinion.  Yes, I was outraged by their outrage, but theirs was first, believe me!  I never would have got involved in Madeleine forums in the first place if I hadn't been so shocked by the vitriol and lack of IMO common decency and restraint on display. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #828 on: August 29, 2018, 06:50:43 PM »
Think what you like.  I first joined a forum about the case because I was gobsmacked by the callous hatred being spewed towards the family of a missing child, long before they were considered suspects by most of these people spewing their bile.  They were on the whole full of righteous fury about the McCanns' child "neglect".  I thought their vile comments were OTT, and there was hardly anyone else voicing an alternative opinion.  Yes, I was outraged by their outrage, but theirs was first, believe me!  I never would have got involved in Madeleine forums in the first place if I hadn't been so shocked by the vitriol and lack of IMO common decency and restraint on display.

Much the same as myself.
I was reading Sky news and there was another headline story about Madeleine's disappearance.
I noticed the comments section and began to read.
The comments were appalling.
The ones about Gerry's brother and sister especially so.
I made a post commenting about the vitriol.
Again the attack and abuse came first.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #829 on: August 29, 2018, 07:44:49 PM »
By G-Unit's own definition Brenda behaved in a reprehensible fashion, though she would never come straight out and say so.  Brenda went beyond calling someone stupid.  She repeatedly accused the McCanns of being murderers, and bullied a young woman quite mercilessly (the fact that she was mistaken in her target is neither here nor there, the intent to hurt and bully is the issue here).  In fact I haven't heard a single sceptic describe Brenda's actions as in any way reprehensible, all we ever here is what a lovely lady she was.  Well I'm sorry but I don't find her actions particularly lovely.   I'm sure she was a delight in real life, but why did she have to be so vile online?

I think you have missed a few times I have posted about Brenda. I have never condoned what she tweeted, or agreed with what she said. It does you no favours to class all skeptics as having one voice. we don't. You insist in trying to make sceptic members of this forum as bad people,nasty trolls etc. but this has yet to be evidenced.

The fact I do not agree with Brenda Layland's tweets does not give me the right to silence her. Brenda committed no crime in the eyes of the law. The dossier complilers achieved NOTHING...SKY achieved nothing... Brenda Died and MBM is missing (perhaps dead). All thanks to the behaviour of others...says a lot to me.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Erngath

« Reply #830 on: August 29, 2018, 07:58:43 PM »
I think you have missed a few times I have posted about Brenda. I have never condoned what she tweeted, or agreed with what she said. It does you no favours to class all skeptics as having one voice. we don't. You insist in trying to make sceptic members of this forum as bad people,nasty trolls etc. but this has yet to be evidenced.

The fact I do not agree with Brenda Layland's tweets does not give me the right to silence her. Brenda committed no crime in the eyes of the law. The dossier complilers achieved NOTHING...SKY achieved nothing... Brenda Died and MBM is missing (perhaps dead). All thanks to the behaviour of others...says a lot to me.

I am certainly not suggesting that any sceptic here has ever posted the vitriol which was the cause of my and VS involvement in Madeleine discussions but rather we were explaining which came first.
The attacks on the McCann family or those who who sought to counteract those attacks.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #831 on: August 29, 2018, 08:01:40 PM »
It is wrong to blame others.
The families of suicide victims have so much guilt blaming themselves.
Ultimately someone decides to take their own life and they and they alone make that choice.
The family are the victims.
They are the ones left behind to carry that pain forever.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 05:38:36 PM by John »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #832 on: August 29, 2018, 08:12:52 PM »
Ultimately, yes, but some laws come about owing initially to the activism of members of the public.

The poll tax riots being a case in point. Laws get made or changed when there's sufficient interest by the general population. I don't see a grass roots interest in protecting the McCanns from online questions and criticisms. 

Result = happy posting.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #833 on: August 29, 2018, 08:19:44 PM »
The poll tax riots being a case in point. Laws get made or changed when there's sufficient interest by the general population. I don't see a grass roots interest in protecting the McCanns from online questions and criticisms.

On-line questioning and criticism is quite different from online abuse and threats..

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #834 on: August 29, 2018, 08:20:08 PM »
Online questions and criticism is fine...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 05:39:35 PM by John »

« Reply #835 on: August 29, 2018, 08:29:22 PM »
It is wrong to blame others.
The families of suicide victims have so much guilt blaming themselves.
Ultimately someone decides to take their own life and they and they alone make that choice.
The family are the victims.
They are the ones left behind to carry that pain forever.

Is this your opinion as a qualified  clinical psychologist or a psychiatrist or a retired school teacher?

In bold is evidence you know  nothing about Mental Health issues, just guessing is fun though.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 10:11:02 PM by John »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #836 on: August 29, 2018, 08:30:17 PM »

Have you seen posts about the case which dispassionately examine and discuss the evidence? No 'callous hatred' being 'spewed', no 'bile', no 'righteous fury', no 'vile comments', no 'vitriol'? I have. Perhaps you were reading the wrong sites?
Result = happy posting.

« Reply #837 on: August 29, 2018, 08:40:26 PM »
I am certainly not suggesting that any sceptic here has ever posted the vitriol which was the cause of my and VS involvement in Madeleine discussions but rather we were explaining which came first.
The attacks on the McCann family or those who who sought to counteract those attacks.

I have read the posts.  I understand what the message is. The outrage you both feel about 'McCann bashers, H*ters, evil trolls, etc posting bile. what that has to do with this forum I have absolutely no idea.

I have never been to a McCann forum. I have no reason to frequent such a described 'toxic enviroment'. If it is so bad I would wonder why go there then come here to bemoan about 'skeptics' if not to try and lump us all as one massive gang of bullies.

This forum is about finding out what happened to MBM by discussion. Not the same as trying to 'solve the case'  Any talk about the situation leading up to and the aftermath of MBM's claimed disappearance by her parents, is seen by you and others as mccann bashing etc.   This is the case as you always attack the poster
(many of me ) and not the post.

I take confort from that as it proves that the supporters have no real arguement to offer, just to be 'offended' on behalf of people they don't even know.

So what came first?

My opinion : On a yahoo chatsite, with many threads on different subjects, some  posters were questioning the behaviour of the McCanns on the week MBM disappeared. there were no accusations or nastyness, however, after a while the chat turned bad by 'new people' coming in hard selling the 'abduction' and began to name call anyone who challenged the theory... I left long before the Amaral hatred came about.

The McCanns created their own monster.

Forum parents discussed  nightmares for many children who thought they would be abducted from their bed via a window as was 'that little girl'.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #838 on: August 29, 2018, 08:43:40 PM »
Is this your opinion as a qualified  clinical psychologist or a psychiatrist or a retired school teacher?

In bold is evidence you know  nothing about Mental Health issues, just guessing is fun though.

You always take such an exaggerated and quite personal and rather a deprecating tone to any of my posts.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 10:13:42 PM by John »

Offline Erngath

« Reply #839 on: August 29, 2018, 08:49:47 PM »
I have read the posts.  I understand what the message is. The outrage you both feel about 'McCann bashers, H*ters, evil trolls, etc posting bile. what that has to do with this forum I have absolutely no idea.

I have never been to a McCann forum. I have no reason to frequent such a described 'toxic enviroment'. If it is so bad I would wonder why go there then come here to bemoan about 'skeptics' if not to try and lump us all as one massive gang of bullies.

This forum is about finding out what happened to MBM by discussion. Not the same as trying to 'solve the case'  Any talk about the situation leading up to and the aftermath of MBM's claimed disappearance by her parents, is seen by you and others as mccann bashing etc.   This is the case as you always attack the poster
(many of me ) and not the post.

I take confort from that as it proves that the supporters have no real arguement to offer, just to be 'offended' on behalf of people they don't even know.

So what came first?

My opinion : On a yahoo chatsite, with many threads on different subjects, some  posters were questioning the behaviour of the McCanns on the week MBM disappeared. there were no accusations or nastyness, however, after a while the chat turned bad by 'new people' coming in hard selling the 'abduction' and began to name call anyone who challenged the theory... I left long before the Amaral hatred came about.

The McCanns created their own monster.

Forum parents discussed  nightmares for many children who thought they would be abducted from their bed via a window as was 'that little girl'.

This thread is about Brenda who among many another did post threats and hatred against Madeleine's parents.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 05:42:22 PM by John »