Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 138996 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #915 on: August 30, 2018, 05:57:04 PM »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #916 on: August 30, 2018, 05:59:58 PM »
What sort of action would you have in mind ?
Depends doesn’t it?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Sunny

« Reply #917 on: August 30, 2018, 06:02:52 PM »
If I admitted to being one of the dossier compilers what sort of reaction could I expect from Brend’s supporters on here?  How about if I gave you my full name and contact details, could you guarantee I would be safe from harrassment and abuse?

If you admitted to be a compiler then you would get nothing from me apart from a couple of questions.

1) Did you think of any possible consequences of providing the full details of sceptics to various sources in the media
2) Would you do it again.

There may be more questions but I can't think of any at present. Of course you could admit it (if you were a dossier compiler of course) without giving your name and contact details. I can't see why anyone would need those, unless they were compiling a dossier of course.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline jassi

« Reply #918 on: August 30, 2018, 06:04:29 PM »
Depends doesn’t it?

Does It ? Upon what does it depend?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #919 on: August 30, 2018, 06:11:10 PM »
If you admitted to be a compiler then you would get nothing from me apart from a couple of questions.

1) Did you think of any possible consequences of providing the full details of sceptics to various sources in the media
2) Would you do it again.

There may be more questions but I can't think of any at present. Of course you could admit it (if you were a dossier compiler of course) without giving your name and contact details. I can't see why anyone would need those, unless they were compiling a dossier of course.
If I was a (the) dossier compiler I would answer your questions.  As I’m not I can’t.  I could pretend to be one though if you like, and see where we go with it...?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #920 on: August 30, 2018, 06:12:43 PM »
What was said, where it was said, how it was said, why it was said, who said it, etc.  Do you think I would have no right to take action against those that offend me, seriously?

Offline jassi

« Reply #921 on: August 30, 2018, 06:18:53 PM »
What was said, where it was said, how it was said, why it was said, who said it, etc. Do you think I would have no right to take action against those that offend me, seriously?

That wasn't my query, which was about your action.
Not sure that you should or would have a right, as your action might be illegal.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #922 on: August 30, 2018, 06:20:09 PM »

As most bullies are cowards at heart it would depend if they made a grovelling apology

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #923 on: August 30, 2018, 06:21:38 PM »
That wasn't my query, which was about your action.
Not sure that you should or would have a right, as your action might be illegal.
I don’t do illegal so would I have the right to take action legally or not?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 06:24:47 PM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline jassi

« Reply #924 on: August 30, 2018, 06:25:53 PM »
I don’t do illegal so would I have the right to take action, legally or not?

No body has given you this 'right', though you have  a degree of freedom of action, as long as you stay within the law.

Or maybe not -

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #925 on: August 30, 2018, 06:27:00 PM »
No body has given you this 'right', though you have  a degree of freedom of action, as long as you stay within the law.

Then he has that right... As I do..

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #926 on: August 30, 2018, 06:32:35 PM »
In other words it is nonsense to say I have no right to take action against someone who offends me.  I can sue them for starters, if their offensive statement is based on lies, I can remonstrate with them in person or by message, I can reciprocate in kind, if the offensive statement concerns my sexuality or ethnic origin or religion I can go to the police, likewise if the offensive statement is threatening or intimidating, I can even go to the media, if the offensive statement was made by someone with a public profile that would be in the public interest, or of interest to the public.  Plenty of ways I could take action, all within the law.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #927 on: August 30, 2018, 06:39:16 PM »
Brenda thought she had the right to say what she liked with impunity... She didn't.   

« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 11:55:01 AM by John »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #928 on: August 30, 2018, 06:57:03 PM »
Is it true that every UK citizen has the right not to have their name publicised by the media until they have been charged with a crime, as per the OP? Wasn’t there a nurse in the news recently arrested for murdering eight babies, her name released but no charges brought so far.  Who’s to blame if she were to take her own life?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #929 on: August 30, 2018, 07:53:13 PM »
Twitter is a lawless place where insults seem to be the norm. This forum is pretty good in my opinion as there are rules preventing such behaviour.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 11:57:34 AM by John »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0