Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 137999 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #960 on: August 31, 2018, 08:16:54 AM »
If you went to the police after an altercation with a neighbour, do you think they would be satisfied with a record of just what the neighbour said or would they want to know what you said too. IMO most of these tweets should be taken in context of the rough and tumble of debate on twitter and not as a set of statements made in cold blood.

Context is important as it is on here. There's a difference between attacking for no reason and doing it in response to being attacked oneself.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #961 on: August 31, 2018, 08:17:54 AM »
if brenda had confined her abusive twets to those who tweeted to her you might have a point...she didnt..so you dont..imo
Weren’t her .........t and most abusive tweets about Amy T made after she believed that tweeter had left twitter in fear?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 12:56:49 AM by John »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #962 on: August 31, 2018, 08:21:56 AM »
Context is important as it is on here. There's a difference between attacking for no reason and doing it in response to being attacked oneself.

Precisely... The McCann's were not attacking brenda

Online Eleanor

« Reply #963 on: August 31, 2018, 08:36:14 AM »

Indeed there is.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #964 on: August 31, 2018, 08:37:21 AM »
Precisely... The McCann's were not attacking brenda

I think any conversations she was involved in were with others interested in the McCann case, not with any family members. Unless they were there incognito of course. Who knows?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #965 on: August 31, 2018, 08:43:18 AM »
I think any conversations she was involved in were with others interested in the McCann case, not with any family members. Unless they were there incognito of course. Who knows?

Are you saying that it is acceptable to tell lies about someone, insult someone, accuse someone of crimes as long as the person does not actually read these statements themselves.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #966 on: August 31, 2018, 08:50:30 AM »

Doesn't justify her abusive tweets towards the mccanns

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #967 on: August 31, 2018, 08:53:32 AM »

Are you saying that it is acceptable to tell lies about someone, insult someone, accuse someone of crimes as long as the person does not actually read these statements themselves.

I think people should be allowed to express their opinions so long as they do so without breaking the law.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #968 on: August 31, 2018, 08:57:20 AM »
Doesn't justify her abusive tweets towards the mccanns

People only have to justify their words to platform owners, the police or libel lawyers. They're not obliged to answer to members of the public who take offence at what they say.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #969 on: August 31, 2018, 09:02:14 AM »
People only have to justify their words to platform owners, the police or libel lawyers. They're not obliged to answer to members of the public who take offence at what they say.

Or they can be named and shamed by the press... As brenda was... Nothing wrong with that imo

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #970 on: August 31, 2018, 09:07:40 AM »
I think people should be allowed to express their opinions so long as they do so without breaking the law.

And people should take responsibility  for their, actions... People als have the right to report suspected crimes to the police and also to go to the press to highlight abuse..
Brendas problem was that she, was, ashamed of the things she said and couldn't justify them

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #971 on: August 31, 2018, 09:10:02 AM »

Do you think the rules of this forum are unfair... We, are not able to fully express our views... Your idea, would, result in chaos

Offline Erngath

« Reply #972 on: August 31, 2018, 09:32:31 AM »
Do you think the rules of this forum are unfair... We, are not able to fully express our views... Your idea, would, result in chaos

Indeed!.
I try to imagine a classroom of children being allowed to express their opinions of their fellow pupils.
We teach our children to have respect, not to make unjustifiable accusations, not to lie, to try and be as thoughtful and kind to each other as possible.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Lace

« Reply #973 on: August 31, 2018, 09:43:07 AM »

If I remember correctly,   she would tweet as though she was speaking to the McCann's, rambling on from early morning till night.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #974 on: August 31, 2018, 10:00:33 AM »
And people should take responsibility  for their, actions... People als have the right to report suspected crimes to the police and also to go to the press to highlight abuse..
Brendas problem was that she, was, ashamed of the things she said and couldn't justify them

Her problem was that she was exposed and made an example of in my opinion. 
Result = happy posting.